• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Injustice Ultimate Edition announced for PS4/Vita/PS3/360/PC [NA: 11/12 | EU: 11/29]

Hanmik

I'm mostly confused because we had evidence of it existing:

xjel7BJ.png

looks like they are all still there..

http://portal.mj.gov.br/Classificac...JogoForm.do?select_action=&tbjogo_codigo=5755

sörine

Banned
I suspect Sony might be subsidizing it for next gen exclusivity. It'd explain no Wii U version when all the work's already done for that version as well as no Xbox One port when Netherrealm's games traditionally perform best on Xbox.

$h@d0w

sörine;85170583 said:
I suspect Sony might be subsidizing it for next gen exclusivity. It'd explain no Wii U version when all the work's already done for that version as well as no Xbox One port when Netherrealm's games traditionally perform best on Xbox.

If you read Ed Boon's tweets he does make it sound that things behind the scenes are more complicated that we know.

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
Sounds like timed exclusivity for the PS4 version maybe? Boon doesn't outright deny an XBO version like does the Wii-U version. Wasn't Verendus hinting about Sony having an unannounced exclusivity deal with a few 3rd parties, including WB?

Edit: Updated with link to Verendus' post.

Mileena

Banned
Meh, might buy when $5 on Steam. Hurry up on MK next gen, Injuzzzzzzztice sux.

E: Low Voltage port? Avoid this shit guys, MK PC is a horrid port and they never patched it. Not even worth a Steam sale price now.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
RT @C2CA_KILLA @noobde Injustice sold the most on xbox. So tell me the logic behind no xbox one version? EB: Again... not as simple as that.

next-gen money hat confirmed lol.

Nobody gains from console exclusivity.
bahahaha

satam55

Banned
They might be scared of Killer Instinct.

Sony might be paying High Voltage for the PS4 port rather than Warner paying High Voltage.

Seems like Sony made some deal with Warner as there is no Xbone version.

I've seen a lot of folks make a big deal of the PS4 not having an exclusive fighting game at at launch to match up with "Killer Instinct" & "The Fighter Within". So it would makes sense for Sony to make a deal to have this as a next-gen exclusive.

"Injustice: Gods Among Us" >>>>>>>>>> "Killer Instinct" >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> "The Fighter Within". The average person will choose "Injustice: Gods Among Us" over "Killer Instinct".

hawk2025

Isn't it more reasonable to expect that the PS4 porting process was simply much smoother and WB wanted to focus resources on that instead of X1 and Wii U ports?

The X1 version could still be coming at a later date, but it simply wouldn't make launch.

wsippel

Banned
Are you forgetting Arkham Origins: Blackgate?
Still a licensed title, though I obviously don't know how hands-on WB is. Either way, if the dudes really left Retro because they didn't like Nintendo telling them what to do and wanted more creative freedom, that spectacularly backfired in the end, at least so far.

"Injustice: Gods Among Us" >>>>>>>>>> "Killer Instinct" >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> "The Fighter Within". .

They let anybody on GAF these days.

sörine

Banned
Isn't it more reasonable to expect that the PS4 porting process was simply much smoother and WB wanted to focus resources on that instead of X1 and Wii U ports?

The X1 version could still be coming at a later date, but it simply wouldn't make launch.
I would say the more reasonable conclusion when a multiplatform game is on Vita and not X1 is that it was probably paid for.

AlphaK

I haven't played this game yet, so it seems like the best place to get it now would be for PS4.

Sony should do more of these exclusive deals.

Top Bottom