• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

INSIDE |OT| Limbo's Big Brother is Watching You

Zach

My ladyfriend said I should take today off so we can play... lying in bed considering my options...

>: )

FrsDvl

I'm pretty much avoiding any footage or any info on this game, only saw the review scores and I'm hyped. Can't wait to play this tonight! Hope it'll be as good as limbo, which I also purchased without knowing anything about. I'll come back in here after I've played it.

Played an hour of this with headphones on sound design is brilliant, although it was 11am in UK it's light outside, I want to be in full darkness, so abandoned play until tonight.

Coming as someone who really enjoyed Limbo, I'm like a kid in a twisted warped candy store with this game.

Atmosphere.
Sound/Music.
Art/Style.
Gameplay/Puzzles.

I'm only an hour in and it's ticking all the above boxes so far.
Also have to say just like Limbo some of the deaths your main character endure are really horrible
in a good way.

Been playing for maybe an hour, and this is really something else. Maybe I'm too fond of this type of visual style or game design but just like Limbo before it's just completely different from anything else.

So far it's one of the coolest things I've experienced in any medium.

wI5omWP.jpg

Stuck in the office, about to go to an appointment which means I wont be in my flat until around 6:30pm tonight - 5 hours away!!

Really happy to see the nearly everyone is enjoying their time with what they have played so far! Congrats Playdead, looks like you have a hit on your hands :)

ultrazilla

Oh my word. This is outstanding. Guys. Do yourself a favour and play it with headphones on. The sound design is amazing. Don't watch any videos

Man your post got me pumped! Just waking up but heading to buy it now on Xbox One!! I'll grab my headphones as well!

Been playing since 11...gane is blowing my mind so far. Everyone I realise the solution, a little smile appears on my face as it clicks. Some freaky moments so far, but no spoilers from me.

OK, What do I do at the
gear and the cannon things
. I feel like I'm just throwing myself at a brick wall.

EDIT: Figured it out. I'm dumb.

Holy crap... I woke up early this morning to play for an hour and a half... So disturbing.

First Hour Spoiler:

The moment when
the pig attacks you, you see the worm stuck in it, and you realize what you have to do... and then right after that it's the first time your head gets sucked into the body controller...

This game is crazy.

Sanjuro

A little bit in. Feels like I'm playing a dark and gritty Sonic the Hedgehog, although I'm not Sonic, and I have no face.

Finished the game, a few words that come to mind: beautiful, haunting, creepy and disturbing. You guys are in for a treat. Time to go through it again and try to discover all of Inside's secrets. The ending will stick with you.

Dutchman

Neo Member
Finished it. Liked it.

Would've liked a little bit more focus on the weirdness, and a little less focus on the puzzles though. Especially in the middle part (with the submarine).

robotrock

Banned
(must remember that quoting someone shows inside spoiler tags!!!!)

How long did it take? and is there much of an incentive to play again?

Basically three and a half hours. I spent a good 30 minutes or so stumped on puzzles and only earned one achievement, which I think are exploration based. The only incentive I have to replay this is to earn the rest of the achievements.

danowat

Banned
Basically three and a half hours. I spent a good 30 minutes or so stumped on puzzles and only earned one achievement, which I think are exploration based. The only incentive I have to replay this is to earn the rest of the achievements.

Nice one, thanks!

Strictly

Been stuck for an hour. Anyone who's finished can help?

The bit with the creature under water:

There's the chain operated by a button. I know you have to stick your toes a bit to lure it to the left, but as much as i try i can't reach the button with the closing door underwater. Any help?

gweemz

Ugh stuck at work, time is going by so slowly! Hopefully I will have time to play this tonight, but I know my friends are going to want to play Halo firefight.

NateDrake

There's the chain operated by a button. I know you have to stick your toes a bit to lure it to the left, but as much as i try i can't reach the button with the closing door underwater. Any help?
Keep your toes in the water until the last possible moment. The creature will stay at the point it fails to grab you. You should have enough time to jump off the platform, hit the switch while swimming, and squeeze under the door before it catches you.

Finally, the Achievement list is unlocked on my end. Had reviewed the game without knowing how many I unlocked. 1000/1000. I should've made a collectible walk through video.

Hit the button to open the door, lure it back the other way, then go through the door, making sure to hit the button to shut it behind you.

Top Bottom