• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

INSIDE |OT| Limbo's Big Brother is Watching You

Been stuck for an hour. Anyone who's finished can help?

The bit with the creature under water:

There's the chain operated by a button. I know you have to stick your toes a bit to lure it to the left, but as much as i try i can't reach the button with the closing door underwater. Any help?
Yup, you have the right idea. Just make sure you lure it as far left as possible. And when you get back on the platform, try jumping into the water instead of dropping in. That should give you enough time swim by and hit the button and make it through the closing door.

Just finished it. Go play this ASAP, and avoid this place until you finish it.

EDIT: This game is now my favourite thing to be funded by the EU.

Acorn

Just finished it. Go play this ASAP, and avoid this place until you finish it.

EDIT: This game is now my favourite thing to be funded by the EU.
What do you do for
the 19 people thing, I'm on the bottom level trying to get the people out the hanging thing with the switch that shoots up, i can't reach them

Anyone help please lol

ced

I know this isn't the time or place but fuck this week long delay on PC, especially considering this is something we don't want to spoil.

Vexidus

I'm going into the PC version totally blind. I've only seen a couple screenshots and the first trailer. Staying clear of this thread until I finish the game!

What do you do for
the 19 people thing, I'm on the bottom level trying to get the people out the hanging thing with the switch that shoots up, i can't reach them

Anyone help please lol

Activate the switch, after it shoots up, push the crate underneath it. Now climb atop the switch and activate it. You will now be able to reach the cage with the other people.

I'm at roughly 60% and can only second what has been said before: Use headphones and don't read anything about this game before you play,

I'm assuming you've uninstalled it, and reinstalled it?
Of course.

According to German Xbox support preorders don't work at the moment. I preordered via PayPal and because of that I won't receive a refund.

Processing payments works as intended, the delivery of licences however doesn't. According to Xbox support there are a lot of cases so it could take more than seven days to resolve the issue.

:(

whyman

It was ok. Its not a 10/10 more like 8/10. The hype made me expect alot. There are some really awesome moments.

Goreomedy

Console Market Analyst
Well, that was pretty stunning.

It's hard to say anything without spoilers.

Not much of a challenge, maybe one or two head scratchers quickly resolved. And a 4 hour experience. But do consider this a great addition to the best of cinematic puzzlers/platformers.

I missed quite a few collectibles. Hm... Looking forward to a second play through.

JMizzlin

Just finished. I want an art book for this game. So beautiful.

Definitely use headphones when you play! I put some in about 20% of the way through and it made a world of difference.

Keen to hear peoples thoughts on the ending! It's late here and I'm yet to make my mind up on it.

Also missed about 3 or so secrets so will have to do a second play through!

Acorn

Need help again.
The bit with the metal chain and button and the underwater button with the weird undersea creature

I suck

Looks good and looks like it's getting great impressions. So much stuff to play right now though so will probably wait for a PS4 version whenever that is.

Acorn

Need help again.
The bit with the metal chain and button and the underwater button with the weird undersea creature

I suck

Edit nevermind got it just was too slow

DirtyLarry

Been playing for about an hour, and damn. Playdead delivers again.
I also just want to state for the record this is one of the most visually appealing games for my own personal tastes possibly ever. The art direction is so damn beautiful.
Okay back to playing.

alouette

German preorder here, still doesn't work. Even a power-off restart didn't change this. Starting to uninstall and download it again. Should take a while with my bad internet connection actually. What a rough start with these preorders.
Support was also pretty rough via phone. Never had something like this with their support before.

Acorn

Any tips for the
the shadow puzzle where you need to get av platform to the ladder with the top missing?

holy shit this game.

gotta echo the praise for the art here. this is one of the most beautiful, cohesive game I've ever seen.

I'm glad that machine didn't
grind up the chicks.

The game is fantastic! If you are on the fence definitely hop over and get it. The game is oozing with atmosphere and has plenty of hair-raising moments.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
I don't think I'm at the
sewers
yet but I just got past the part early in the game where you
open up the elevator door, go back and turn on the switch and evade the two lights and get on the elevator. Now I'm walking lockstep in a straight line...going where?

Beautiful and extremely tense.

robotrock

Banned
Sounds like I need to replay this with headphones then.

Will let it sit for a week then will promptly snatch up that Steam release

Montresor

I'm about halfway through the game and I'm completely mesmerized by the quality.

At the same time I feel a bit saddened because soon this will be over. And I won't get something else like this anytime soon. Playdead is small. Tiny. It took them six years to do this. We will probably need another six years for them to release their next game. Feels like the bittersweet wait after watching Tarantino's last couple of movies (Inglourious, Django, and Hateful Eight). I love his movies but the guy takes so long to make his next one. I love Limbo and Inside but we will wait a looong time for the sequel.

Quantum Break was my GOTY 2016. But not anymore. I give that to Inside.

Luschient

Saw there was a Limbo "sequel" available and immediately went to the psn store to d/l it.
god-damnit-o.gif

PlayDead is easily one of the best devs in the business. They've made two games in a decade but both seem to be instant classics.

Does anyone know exactly how big this team is?

Despera

Banned
Added to my Steam wishlist.

So would a surround system suffice, or do I really need to have headphones on for this one?

Top Bottom