• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iOS Gaming Dec/Jan: GET

suffah

Does maths and stuff
Super late to the party but was browsing my purchase history and noticed I had bought Kindom Rush a long time ago. Decided to finally give it a go.

Game is damn addicting, is there any way to unlock heroes besides buying them?

Einbroch

Banned
Tap Titans is absolutely addicting beyond belief. I know it's pointless, but the artifact system is genius. It ha some balance issues with random heroes dying to bosses you're crushing and the strange spike in difficulty at level 60, but damn if I don't find myself checking it at least 5-6 times a day.

Crusader's Quest is also a good time. Not knowing what hero you get until you evolve it into a 4-star is a bit of a drag, but the game is in no way pay to win, as you can unlock all the best heroes through simply playing.

Both a ton of fun for different reasons.

xcKdGnI.jpg

oh wow

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Hope this is allowed...

I managed to snag a bunch of codes from Starbucks recently. Quote to reveal!

E: US appstore only!

VVVVVV

Hope this is allowed...

I managed to snag a bunch of codes from Starbucks recently. Quote to reveal!

E: US appstore only!

Monsters Ate My Birthday Cake

Thank you! Just grabbed VvvvV ending in HWJ7

Let me also say that the Spiderman Endless Runner game has taken up so much of my time. Not as much time as Bitcoin Billionair, but it's probably my most played Free to Play game that I haven't put any cash into. I paid the 2 bucks to get the auto tapper for bitcoin billionaire.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
so guys, sorry for going off topic: I've bought my father a Mini for Xmas since he's tech illiterate but needs it for work, how the hell do you set up Groups in mail?
I mean, I've set up and linked his hotmail (not Gmail!) account (so he gets all his mail on the Mini no problem) and he normally has a big group called Dentists which he picks to send email in cc to everyone in the group... can't find how to do that in Mail?!

Help me help my father, please? :(

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Finally sat down to start the second episode of Republique and it was amusing to see fellow gaffer cvxfreak as one of the first
erratic route taser-immune Prizrak
. :p

Enjoying it a lot already. I replayed the first episode a few days ago so everything is fresh in my mind, but even then the
Library
feels more challenging right off the bat. Feels good to be stealing cartridges to listen to Cooper's iOS reviews again too, already wishlisted a couple of games I hadn't heard about before, haha.

RM8

You guys weren't kidding, Ghost Blade is pretty awesome :0 It's so fun and polished, and the controls actually work.

awp69

You guys weren't kidding, Ghost Blade is pretty awesome :0 It's so fun and polished, and the controls actually work.

I have loved Ghost Blade since I bought it, but haven't gotten around to finishing it. So after playing some more today, I have to put this back on my Top 10 of 2014. The combat is just fantastic. Nothing on the App Store even comes close as far as Devil May Cry type games (including the one iOS iteration of DMC itself).

JCho133

From the developer of the awesome Ace Ferrera and The Dino Menace

They couldn't transfer the app to my account, so I needed to release the game as a new app, which means existing players have to repurchase it. I'm addressing this problem by setting the game free over the next few days (until Jan. 2nd). If you know anyone else who has the game, it would be great if you could let them know about this. The new App Store link is http://toucharcade.com/link/https://...943064340?mt=8

I've also updated the game with a new super-hard difficulty mode that comes with four bonus missions, among other things, and I'm planning an expansion pack, too.

Finally, since it's a new app, all ratings and reviews for the game have been lost. If you want to do me a favour and you're still playing the game, it would be fantastic if you'd like to rate it in the store.

Basic Gist: Free for a limited time, and please leave a review

Forget 10000000. Pixel Defenders Puzzle is the best match-3 RPG game I've played on IOS. It has everything you could want from that kind of game. It has a ton of depth between the various defenders you can create, the different enemies and their abilities, and the status effects and buffs you and your enemies can inflict. It forces you to think moves ahead and consider where you want to place tiles. You have to consider turns and action points. The art style is colorful and attacks have some nice animations. There's a good amount of content between the main levels, fighting against endless enemy waves in Assault mode, and puzzling your way to a high score in Endless mode, as well as achievements and leaderboards

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hop9P0tLVNg

sqwarlock

Got $15 iTunes bucks for Christmas, and want to get the best value out of them. Thinking of getting FTL, but not sure what else to get. So...I guess I'm looking for recommendations for my iPad 3 and iPhine 5S. Help?

Got $15 iTunes bucks for Christmas, and want to get the best value out of them. Thinking of getting FTL, but not sure what else to get. So...I guess I'm looking for recommendations for my iPad 3 and iPhine 5S. Help?
What genres do you enjoy?

Today, I picked up FTL, Papers Please, Zero Age, Botanicula, and Wonderputt to start off my iPad line-up. I'd highly recommend Papers Please and Wonderputt. Played those on PC.

awp69

From the developer of the awesome Ace Ferrera and The Dino Menace

Basic Gist: Free for a limited time, and please leave a review

For some reason, I thought I had his at one time on either iOS or Android, but I guess not. Will play it tonight but was shocked by the 1 GB install size.

sqwarlock

What genres do you enjoy?

Today, I picked up FTL, Papers Please, Zero Age, Botanicula, and Wonderputt to start off my iPad line-up. I'd highly recommend Papers Please and Wonderputt. Played those on PC.

Any genre is fine, but I'd prefer games that don't try to replicate game pad controls on a touch screen. I'm terrible with them. Papers, Please is tempting.

Any genre is fine, but I'd prefer games that don't try to replicate game pad controls on a touch screen. I'm terrible with them. Papers, Please is tempting.
Have you played Device 6 or The Room games? Those two are the epitome of utilizing the touchscreen in unique and interestig ways

Top Bottom