• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iOS Gaming June 2016 | Be still my growing backlog, summer is here

Human Resource Machine has a clever iPhone only feature where you can rotate your phone to portrait and game switches to the programming section, so you have more space to drag and move around commands

That's really smart, and shows how they understand to make the game work well on both tablet and phones

4xniHDi.jpg

okno

Some amazing friends of mine who used to work with me at Halfbrick have released their own first indie game: Steppy Pants. These guys were the original artist and programmer on Fruit Ninja.

giphy.gif
giphy.gif

xT1XGwXi13yLm1g11K.gif
xT1XGzm102LWu9E5i0.gif

I've been playing early versions of it and can't put it down. It's my favourite "Verby Noun" style of game. It also exports GIFs out of your death - which is fantastic and something nobody else is doing at all.

It's out now! Download it here!

This game is stupid and frustrating and amazing and adorable and I can't stop playing oh god why

hamchan

Really like Voez. Have been a fan of Rayark since Cytus and Voez looks like another hit for them. Beautiful presentation and the music is pretty much what you'd expect from an Asian rhythm game.

Pricing seems fair to me. $1.50 for one key, which seems comparable to other rhythm games on IOS.

Matt Frost

Some amazing friends of mine who used to work with me at Halfbrick have released their own first indie game: Steppy Pants. These guys were the original artist and programmer on Fruit Ninja.

I've been playing early versions of it and can't put it down. It's my favourite "Verby Noun" style of game. It also exports GIFs out of your death - which is fantastic and something nobody else is doing at all.

Downloading!

Great op, MB!

I'm still playing a bit of Leap Day each day. I gold'd the first week but haven't had as much time for the rest, usually getting at least silver though there are a few bronze.

There is a weird thing where if you buy the ad free version you're hindering yourself getting all the fruit because if you accidentally miss some fruit and reach the next checkpoint it automatically unlocks the checkpoint and so the missed fruit are lost. If you have the ad version you can just kill yourself and be sent back to the last checkpoint you unlocked to try to get the fruit again.

It's a weird oversight and someone who talks to the devs should really raise the issue. It's kinda dumbfounding how that happened.

Same here. I stopped playing due to this. Maybe I will send them a tweet about it. Want to keep playing, but I can't move to the next level before finishing the current one and that "oversight" makes it frustrating.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Really like Voez. Have been a fan of Rayark since Cytus and Voez looks like another hit for them. Beautiful presentation and the music is pretty much what you'd expect from an Asian rhythm game.

Pricing seems fair to me. $1.50 for one key, which seems comparable to other rhythm games on IOS.

Game is fantastic, but I was unaware that you couldn't play offline. That's my biggest beef.

colinp

Banned
Trese Brothers released a demo for the fantastic SRPG Templar Battleforce. No excuse not to try it now! :)

screen640x640.jpeg

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/templar-battleforce-rpg-free/id991176230?mt=8

Cool, I've had it on my wish list forever. I'll give it a go if I can break myself away from Overwatch long enough. ;)

Same here. I stopped playing due to this. Maybe I will send them a tweet about it. Want to keep playing, but I can't move to the next level before finishing the current one and that "oversight" makes it frustrating.

Yeah, I've given up on trying to get golds all the time. Just enjoying each day as it comes! Feels good not to be banging my head repeatedly on the really tricky parts and just letting go, hah.

Coming in the fall
http://voyageur.space/
Voyageur is a literary space exploration game, a procedurally-generated science fiction novel that unfolds as the player makes choices and travels from one place to another. On their one-way trip towards the galactic core, players recruit a crew, meet strange cultures and civilizations, and dig up ancient alien ruins.
ZBYkRAf.png

I cleared this with a mod yesterday & have read the ToS on self-promotion, but if there are any issue with this post, I'll remove it :)

jSeJR09.png

Hi all! I'm part of Stitch Games, a small, 3-person studio based in Shropshire, England, and we launched our new game Rok today! Rok is an adventure game for iPad (and hopefully Android) with a Norse-Punk low poly aesthetic, intuitive one touch controls, and a mysterious story to discover.

A little about the game:
A frail old man has been trapped for hundreds of years in a sprawling Norse prison of the future. The time has finally come for him to escape. Take command of formidable telekinetic abilities to bypass highly advanced security measures, carefully sneak past vicious cave-dwelling beasts, and fight your way through robotic Valkyrie sentinels.
Some screens:
And some gifs:

The exciting bit:
I have 5 promo codes to give away - there are 3 included in this post (quote to reveal!) and I will post another 2 later to give more people a chance!

Please only take a code if you are going to play it, and if you take one please post so people don't get their hopes up! Additionally, if you play it, we would love to hear any impressions you have about it, and you can PM me with any issues or questions you may have! :)

For more info:
Trailer here, more screenshots here, App Store here. It's priced at £2.99/$3.99/€3.99, and is optimised for iPad 4/iPad Mini 2 and above. It has also been localised in French, Italian, German, Spanish, Simplified Chinese, Japanese, and Brazilian Portuguese - the dialogue is still in English, but menus, notes, and subtitles are localised!

awp69

^^^ Looks good! Took H4RE6LKPXY3F. Will post impressions but will probably be tonight before I get a chance to play.

Thanks for the giveaway!

Voidance

I would have taken one, but I'm currently at work without my iPad. Maybe I can snag one of the other two you will be giving out later.

I'm still playing Leap Day every day and really enjoying it. Definitely a great game for those few moments in a day where you need to kill time.

I like it so much I find myself wishing there was more to do after I finish each day's level. Hopefully they fix the premium version bugs soon and then I can start going for achievements.

zCVi9wP.gif

I have two more Rok codes for anyone who is interested, quote to reveal!

Again, if you take one, please say that you have, and if you feel like it please post impressions! You can also PM me with any feedback/issues if you would like to. :)

killercow

zCVi9wP.gif

Again, if you take one, please say that you have, and if you feel like it please post impressions! You can also PM me with any feedback/issues if you would like to. :)

Took HFNEFTFKJTHL, thanks!

awp69

Loud on Planet X is on sale for $.99.

I heard mixed things on it in terms of the rythmn gameplay, but for $.99 and a stellar soundtrack that includes Chvrches? I'm in!

Also getting psyched because I'm going to see Chvrches in Charlotte, NC in a few weeks!

Travis_Brickley

Neo Member
zCVi9wP.gif

I used 9EFNRAEXW3PK.

Thanks! This looks cool.

awp69

Looks like Titan Quest got an update; anyone try it to see if any of the stuttering or unresponsiveness got fixed?

Unfortunately, the update didn't address either of those issues. Seems mainly to fix cloud saves and crashes.

I really do hope they address the controls. I'm still playing it but there are definitely times when I've been frustrated by the virtual stick not responding as well as it should.

colinp

Banned
They updated Leap Day and added a toggle to turn off automatic checkpoint unlocks!!

Also apparently changed jump allowance to reset on stomping an enemy which seems like a big change that may or may not have been necessary.

Pachimari

This is just my kind of luck.. I missed out on Rok, what a bummer. :(

Still, very kind of you to give those codes away. Thumbs up for that!

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I finally understand the unlock mechanics on Voez! For anyone who cares (and if you like rhythm games, you should)...

It's not nearly as complicated as I thought. There is a rotation of unlocked songs that you can play for free (rotation schedule is not currently known). You can play these songs as often as you like while they are in the free rotation. You can earn a few free keys by playing these songs, though I'm not entirely sure what the requirements are nor how many freebies are available. It should be assumed that the number of free keys you can earn is a fixed number that does not increase if/when the free songs rotate.

In the screenshot below, the song Aquarius is highlighted. There's a small unlocked padlock to the left of the name, and a button that says Unlock in the top right. The unlocked padlock tells you that this song is unlocked for the current rotation. You can still permanently unlock the song by using a key (the Unlock button), but it's not recommended that you do that given that the song is currently free to play.

ITas8Jv.jpg

In the next screenshot, you can see the song ARCANA does not have an unlocked padlock or an Unlock button. That's because I used one of my free keys to unlock this song. This song is not currently in the free rotation, so it made a fine candidate for unlocking.

4SJU6mP.jpg

If you decide to purchase keys, you can use them to unlock all available songs (currently requires 50 keys because 10 songs were recently added). You can also use 1 key to unlock 3 random avatar icons. Unlocking songs does NOT allow you to play them offline (so no airplane mode sadly), but that is the only issue I have with the game so far.

awp69

Picked up Eklips, which sadly already dropped to $.99 from $1.99. Very nice, relaxing Tetris like game where you try to create squares from pieces rotating around the four sides. Calming music. No timers. Good game to chill out to.

Top Bottom