• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iOS Gaming October 2014: We didn't even know this was releasing on iOS

Status
Not open for further replies.

PittaGAF

so excited. hope this one doesn't require you have to have a pen and paper with you like device 6.

As far as I know, this is more an experience than a game...so I'm not sure you will have to 'solve' things instead of just exploring and 'connect the dots' in your mind...

But I'm not sure, with Simogo you will never know.

Anyway, I'm beyond excited.

Corgi

Banned
I wouldn't mind if it did. I like working out puzzles. Real sense of accomplishment. Looking forward to this though!
oh don't get me wrong, loved device 6. problem was that i kinda expected it to be a in bed before sleep kind of game which it clearly wasn't lol.

A new Simogo! Outstanding!

so excited. hope this one doesn't require you have to have a pen and paper with you like device 6.

I actually loved that aspect and am hoping for more of the same. I played Device 6 prior to Year Walk, and as a result probably took a lot more notes than I needed to for Year Walk, but it was a wonderful experience. I occasionally look back on those pages of my notebook and wish I could experience the games for the first time again.

After completely clearing out Metal Slug Defense I'm feeling the need for a new side-scrolling tower defense game. Does anyone have any suggestions besides Castle Doombad and Army of Darkness defense?

Flunkie

Banned
New content in Faraway Kingdom, they're going to be adding new heroes (and loot) EVERY WEEK from now on to catch up with the other international version.

Also been playing Monster Strike. With this and Terra Battle, I don't know how people are still playing Puzzle & Dragons. So much more fun. And coop in Monster Strike is sooooo fun when coordinating on Line with GAF.

Heel

iF2OMi74wCTzk.gif

Anilones

New content in Faraway Kingdom, they're going to be adding new heroes (and loot) EVERY WEEK from now on to catch up with the other international version.

Also been playing Monster Strike. With this and Terra Battle, I don't know how people are still playing Puzzle & Dragons. So much more fun. And coop in Monster Strike is sooooo fun when coordinating on Line with GAF.
Which international version? It's not out in the UK (and I presume EU).

Flunkie

Banned
Which international version? It's not out in the UK (and I presume EU).
I said international because I couldn't remember which version came out first. I think it was the Korean version that's been out for two years or something like that already but I am not 100% sure.

PittaGAF

If got it from Twitter (same dev of Battle of the Bulge) but the news is on Touch Arcade already.

It will be called 'Six Ages' and will be set in Glorantha.
It's 1 year at the very least.

That's all I know.

Man, Ghost Blade's "translation" is so bad it's funny. But damn, other than that, I'm really impressed. A challenging fast-paced hack n slash that's playable with one finger but is somehow also deep and doesn't play like shit

awp69

Man, Ghost Blade's "translation" is so bad it's funny. But damn, other than that, I'm really impressed. A challenging fast-paced hack n slash that's playable with one finger but is somehow also deep and doesn't play like shit

Yep, I honestly think it's one of the best action games on iOS. Particularly in the Ninja Gaiden/Devil May Cry vein.

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
Love it like a comedy.

Also TLJ is soft launching just in AU/NZ, boo.

dock

80 days sounds interesting, but I disliked A Dark Room and I bailed on Device 9 when I got stuck on the very first puzzle. :(

RETRY is so well executed. ROVIO is really impressing me with their output lately.
Totally agree! This feels like a Terry Cavanagh designed dodging game mixed with a slick f2p. It'll be interesting to see how bad the difficulty ramp gets, however, and I can't help but think that some of the lack of telegraphing is to encourage more checkpoints.

JCho133

Thanks for posting that. I'm looking forward to this game a lot. Hoping Hand Circus's return to iOS would be strong.

We'll see how it turns out after the soft launch.

It's a great game, don't get me wrong, I just hate how it prevents me from indulging in it.

I think you'll be pleased with it if you're remotely a fan of the type of game

Wallach

If got it from Twitter (same dev of Battle of the Bulge) but the news is on Touch Arcade already.

It will be called 'Six Ages' and will be set in Glorantha.
It's 1 year at the very least.

That's all I know.

My Air 2 got here today AND they announced they are making a KoDP sequel. This was a good day.

Edit - Man, the difference in games on this Air 2 is slick compared to my Air. KOTOR runs at like twice the frame rate, often at 60 FPS.

It's only out in US and Korea afaik.

It recently hit Japan as "Pocket Kingdom."

80 days sounds interesting, but I disliked A Dark Room and I bailed on Device 9 when I got stuck on the very first puzzle. :(.
There are no real puzzles in 80 Days. Getting around the world in 80 days or less is the puzzle. Deciding which mode of transit to go to where is the puzzle.

I've played at least 20 times and I've only gotten stuck once in West Africa when I refused to travel with slavers and I didn't have the money to take the non-slavers' airship, I couldn't beg for any more money. I had to manually reset, driving Fogg's health and funds to 0 will not end the game.

Seriously it's nary impossible to fail in this game.

Yup, fresh install, as I deleted it before trying and so reinstalled the game in order to check. I made a thread about the absence of iOS8 fix from Square and Capcom and... not a fuck was given. Which is worrying because either I have said something really stupid or no one care about "old" games.
But you make me doubt, I should try to restore my purchase of the IAP and try again. For information - Ipad 4, iOS8, shit ton of bookmarks open in Safari but I closed it and only had the game running.

On another note, two soft launches on the Canadian Appstore, Seabeard and Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Generation. Why did I never made an account there ? :-S

Edit - Lol ok, the game crash when you touch 'restore purchase'.

this pisses me off so much. I didn't even get to play Ghost Trick that much despite purchasing it.

this pisses me off so much. I didn't even get to play Ghost Trick that much despite purchasing it.

To be fair, Apple broke so much with iOS 8, and it's been a real pain for developers all over.

iOS 8 should not have been released in the state that it is currently in. It's obviously not a finished and tested product.

Anilones

To be fair, Apple broke so much with iOS 8, and it's been a real pain for developers all over.

iOS 8 should not have been released in the state that it is currently in. It's obviously not a finished and tested product.

Could you go into more detail as to what is wrong?

Can't wait for The Sailor's Dream, by the way.
If you're part of Simogo, which I seem to remember.

Third time trying to get into Out There and idk, the game just doesn't click with me. Visually, artistically, and atmospherically, the game is wondeful. But I find the actual gameplay so tedious. It's so mechanical, I never feel any tension

Compared to Capsule on PC, another kind of minimal space exploration game where you're lost on and need to watch your fuel, oxygen, and hull. It's very stripped back visually, but it's also one of the most tense, atmospheric experiences I've ever played.
Your labored gasping breaths as your oxygen depletes. The scrambled radio signals fading in and out across the expanse (of space? the ocean depths?). The muted rumbling when you collide with debris. Your engine sputtering as your fuel drops to 0

Matt Frost

Has been A Few Days Left removed from the AppStore? I wanted that but... too late as I cant find it... oh well...

Also, Swap Heroes got a silver award from PocketGamer so that is a must buy for me.

http://www.pocketgamer.co.uk/r/iPhone/Swap+Heroes/review.asp?c=62237&utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+PocketGamerLatestAdditions+%28Pocket+Gamer+-+Latest+additions%29

A neat mix of ideas wrapped in a package that makes you want to play, Swap Heroes is well worth a look

awp69

Third time trying to get into Out There and idk, the game just doesn't click with me. Visually, artistically, and atmospherically, the game is wondeful. But I find the actual gameplay so tedious. It's so mechanical, I never feel any tension

You aren't alone. After all the rave reviews, I got it and also had trouble getting into it. I can see where people like it but I also found it kind of boring and lacking much in the way of suspense.

Oh well, not every game is for everyone. And management sims never were my favorite genre so that probably didn't help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom