• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iOS Online Boardgaming Megathread (Carcassonne, Everything Playdek, & Many More)

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Gg blackflag! You shoulda saved those 2 magic to maybe save the champ and make a run for my summoner ;)

Also, has anyone heard from chico? I had a game open with him but that somehow disappeared oo. Re-sent a game invite...

blackflag

Gg blackflag! You shoulda saved those 2 magic to maybe save the champ and make a run for my summoner ;)

Also, has anyone heard from chico? I had a game open with him but that somehow disappeared oo. Re-sent a game invite...

Duuuuuuuuude!!!!!!!! That will teach me to not take my turn while I'm running a teleconference meeting. There was absolutely no reason to do that a the end of my turn and I realized it when I did it. Wish there was a rewind for non die roll moves becasue I was like wtf why did i just do that. LOL.

Good games but you smoked me hard in both.

Is Nightfall more of a board game ala Carcassonne and SW, or more of a deck-building game? What is it exactly? :lol
Deck builder. Kind of manic but if you find the guides AstroLad posted it should help.
You build a deck of horror based dudes (vamps, wolves, priests, nuns) and they fight and dish out wounds during each turn. When you get too many wounds you die.

Smiley90

Is Nightfall more of a board game ala Carcassonne and SW, or more of a deck-building game? What is it exactly? :lol

It is a lot like Dominion, with the added combo&attack element. Or in iOS boardgames, a lot like Ascension but instead of a random middle you buy from a constant pool and play cards by chaining them according to the colours on the card. It's great.

Hereafter

Yeah, Ra too. But it really is one of the best board games ever. Async play would be epic.

I wish lots of board games will get a re-release to bring them up today's standards. I love Kingdoms but it is single player only and that game is perfect for async and trash talking. At least the AI is decent in Kingdoms. Ra's and Tikal's AI is pathetic. I beat Tikal hardest AI while learning how to play...

I also won't mind buying them twice because the initial asking price was so cheap.

DukeSucks

Going out of town tomorrow with no wifi/phone service for about a week, so I apologize for any carc or ascension games I hold up. I did just buy NH, so hopefully I can teach myself that, and will be up for some games when I return.

bonesquad

Don't know if any GAFfers are in on this one but I just made it to the quarter finals! Yeah me!

Nice, congrats!

I'll send you a GC request for our game tomorrow...
Yeah, for some reason I don't recall I signed up on PT as lookmanohands. We play next:)

Hereafter aka AstroLad 2.0 is also a handful in Ascension. Somebody stop this man!

Don't worry. I'll bring Hereafter down to earth in our NH tourney game. :)

Hereafter

Hereafter aka AstroLad 2.0

I don't think you should insult Astrolad like that! The man just beat me in Lost Cities!

But the truth is... I'm really Astrolad Asian clone!

M-Night-Shyamalan.jpg

Is the Lost Cities app going to eventually be universal or will the eventual iPad release be separate from the current release? (in other words should I buy this for my ipad now or wait?)

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Is the Lost Cities app going to eventually be universal or will the eventual iPad release be separate from the current release? (in other words should I buy this for my ipad now or wait?)

They basically said they have no near-term plans to make any iPad version, so no need to wait.

eznark

Banned
Nooooooooo.
I've made a huge mistake....

[Eznark is about to win unless he rolls misses]

edit: He didn't miss. 0 - 4

On games like those I always wonder if I'm falling into some sort of trap. When that gorilla rolled up on me I was like "oh shit this thing must have some sort of crazy ability to hit me for 10 and I am dead"

On games like those I always wonder if I'm falling into some sort of trap. When that gorilla rolled up on me I was like "oh shit this thing must have some sort of crazy ability to hit me for 10 and I am dead"
If the Gorilla got all his hits (2 +the extra summoner bonus) he gets a second go.
I'm not sure if he would have got the extra die for the second roll.
It was a long shot, not helped by me moving an archer to block my almost dead summoner when it should have got out of the way, twice.

mercviper

GG Benny, I had to play super careful those last few turns to avoid that lion drop into dash and possible kill. I even screwed up and had to hope you had discarded all your archers when I killed your champ.

AirBrian

Deck builder. Kind of manic but if you find the guides AstroLad posted it should help.
You build a deck of horror based dudes (vamps, wolves, priests, nuns) and they fight and dish out wounds during each turn. When you get too many wounds you die.
It is a lot like Dominion, with the added combo&attack element. Or in iOS boardgames, a lot like Ascension but instead of a random middle you buy from a constant pool and play cards by chaining them according to the colours on the card. It's great.
Ah, thanks, guys. I do need to try this and Ascension at some point.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Ah, thanks, guys. I do need to try this and Ascension at some point.

Go for Ascension first -- it's a lot easier to get into. Though once the Nightfall expansion comes out I will definitely be spamming the thread for people to play that with. :D

Smiley90

Are Lost Cities notifications completely borked for you guys too? I hardly ever get them, always have to remind myself to check, it's even worse than TTR oO. That's why I don't like notifications through GC -.-

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Are Lost Cities notifications completely borked for you guys too? I hardly ever get them, always have to remind myself to check, it's even worse than TTR oO. That's why I don't like notifications through GC -.-

Yes. I am certain that it's GC that's borked, and not all these games. Not being a technical expert on this, it seems that games that have their own friends lists (even if they rely on GC to populate those lists) work great. Games that rely entirely on GC just do not. Ever. Really weird to me that TCM were one of the first to get it right and then moved away from that system. :/

Everyone needs to use whatever method Playdek is using though where the notifications almost always work and the friends list is only populated with people who actually own the game. sogood

Hereafter

Good game bonesquad. Next time you play any Smart, you have to sacrifice life for board dominance. Once I get that revolver set up for my main base there's nothing you can really do (unless you are the Moloch).

Turtling doesn't really work because Smart gets 3 pierce units.

bonesquad

Good game bonesquad. Next time you play any Smart, you have to sacrifice life for board dominance. Once I get that revolver set up for my main base there's nothing you can really do (unless you are the Moloch).

Turtling doesn't really work because Smart gets 3 pierce units.

I wasn't really trying to turtle. Just after that early battle I was down 19-14 and panicked:( I was too worried about your HQ's ability, and forgot about those frickin glass cannons. Lesson learned. I didn't want to say it then, but despite my play I've played NH more than SW (just ask a certain someone in the SW tourney who just crushed me in back to back games like I was nothing...).

Playing friends I know always fools me into thinking I'm decent/average at some of these games. Then I play people around here and nope, I suck:)

Hereafter

I wasn't really trying to turtle. Just after that early battle I was down 19-14 and panicked:( I was too worried about your HQ's ability, and forgot about those frickin glass cannons. Lesson learned. I didn't want to say it then, but despite my play I've played NH more than SW (just ask a certain someone in the SW tourney who just crushed me in back to back games like I was nothing...).

Playing friends I know always fools me into thinking I'm decent/average at some of these games. Then I play people around here and nope, I suck:)

Sorry I meant your HQ placement was kinda turtling. In most match up versus the Smart, I put my HQ right beside my them. It blocks them from moving too much.

I haven't played any GAFfer in a NH tourney yet but I'm in the QT3 league (and just lost in the semi finals). The QT3 peeps are really good and really nice. I suggest you join the league if you like NH.

Good game.
The gorilla was very lucky to get 3 hits, and your dragon with whoever you summoned next was going to toast my summoner next turn.

eznark

Banned
Ugh, didn't realize you had another card in your hand or I wouldn't have moved my summoner that close to a wall. Good game!

Yeah, I was trying to lure you into doing that but moved to the wrong side of the wall. I thought for sure I was boned.

Good games dude.

Top Bottom