• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iOS/tvOS Gaming November 2015 | Out of your pocket, into your living room

JasonC11

Neo Member
God damn, just notice that MtG 2013 isnt available on the app store anymore and they removed it from my account.
Never buying anything from WotC again, fucktards.

Still shows here in my history.

4C1rj3d.jpg

PittaGAF

After having died like one billion times in the last (super awesome and ultra clever) level, I completed Lara Croft GO last expansion.

Fantastic game, highly recommended.

The expansion is more difficult than the majority of Hitman GO levels imho, fantastic level design.
It lasted me the same time the original game lasted.

Square Enix Montreal deserves a lot of love.

Shearie

Since Apple created the plus phones, I debate with myself every time.
I went from a 4S to a 6 and the difference was HUGE.
To the point I'm now using it much more, even over the iPad.

I have now a 6S but I long debated if getting the plus.
Every time I'm convinced for the plus I go to the Apple Store and change my mind.
My biggest problem is not usage, it's putting it in my pocket (I usually use skinny jeans), especially in summer without coats.

If Apple made the plus compatible with iPad apps, I would get the plus no matter what.
Till then, the 'normal' one fit better my lifestyle.

That's funny because I use to have an iPad mini and eventually thought it was too small and went to an iPad Air 2. I couldn't imagine using any sized iPhone as my main device especially since I'm always carrying around my iPad in my backpack. In fact, I would get an iPad Pro if it wasn't too heavy for prolonged holding, although the size of the Air is good for me and I don't feel it's too small.

ParityBit

Is appshopper still the best app tracker? I was going to purge mine because I am deleting a ton of old stuff and start tracking some new stuff for sales.

zukalous

Neo Member
Anyone play that new-ly feature game "99 Rockets." Does anyone like those minimalist looking games or you think it would be more popular if it was an anime wizard girl riding a flaming cat?

Anyone play that new-ly feature game "99 Rockets." Does anyone like those minimalist looking games or you think it would be more popular if it was an anime wizard girl riding a flaming cat?
I always prefer the minimalist aesthetic. It's one of my favorite art design in games

ekim

Anyone played Doorkickers on the iPhone?

Im interested in getting it, but I can't decide whether to get it for my Android phone or my iPad Mini.

If it's perfectly fine on the phone I'd like it there, but if its controls aren't great on a smaller screen then I'll probably get it for my iPad.

It's only available for iPad.

Two awesome puzzlers: one relatively new, one old and yet still awesome

Lines ($2,99) came out this summer. It's one of those simple yet tricky minimalist puzzlers. The main mechanic here is that each level has two other colors, along with your's, and you need to fill the shape with more of your color than the others. While doing that is as simple as placing the points where you want your colors to spread from, the challenge is in studying the shape and figuring where to place those points. Thinking ahead, where your color might cut off, which are the best spots to capture, etc.

The levels are divided into several types, each with their own twist on their main mechanic. Eraser has you removing points rather than placing them, Knife lets you create gaps in the levels rather than place points, and so on

It looks lovely in motion, and it's a calm puzzler that's not too mentally taxing while also being enough of a challenge to be enjoyable
tWKyIw0.gif

Lazors (Free), on the other hand, is like an IOS redwood or maybe a tortoise. Five years old, and still ticking. iOS games that old, the most you can usually expect is an update to keep it working on a new OS. Lazors got an update last month that added 50 new levels and two new mechanics. The year before that, 30 new levels and a new mechanic. And so on

Like Lines, Lazors is a simple game, but unlike Lines, it revels its simple challenge. Your goal is simply to redirect a laser to various nodes on the grip. How you accomplish is depends on the blocks on the grid, and there are so many different block type. Basic blocks. Glass blocks that split your laser in two. Dark blocks that absorb lasers. Portals, mirrors, and more

But it's not just the blocks. Each group of levels has a theme. "Tiny" has small grids, while "Grande" has much larger ones. "Darkroom" focuses on dark blocks, "Braid" is all about manipulating multiple lasers, and much more

It's fantastic, and challenging, and the post-release support is easily some of the best among iOS gaming
tZDtjPk.jpg
NJN3qp4.jpg

awp69

Was hoping we'd see another round of sales for Cyber Monday but not much notable that I've seen other than Danmuku Unlimited 2 (down to $.99 from $4.99).

That said if you like shmups and don't have DU2, definitely grab it. It's one of the best in the genre on iOS.

awp69

Is it just me or it doesn't work on iPhone 6s?

Not sure. Works on my iPhone 6 though.

Edit: Crap! Looks like Apple did something to kill it remotely. Now gives me a message about not being able to use apps from "untrusted" developers.

Nyx

So I thought I'd return to the New Star Soccer party this morning, was a long while since I last played it and thought I'd start a new career for my daily commute.

Thanks but no thanks, what the hell did the developer do? It's micro-transaction hell now...

Shame, was such a fun little game.

Almyn

It's finally happened...again!

I'll give it an honest try, but not expecting much port-wise.

Edit: ...oh.

Yeah that was my first experience with it also. It's doesn't seem great unfortunately. After waiting all this time it's pretty disappointing. I'm gonna play more later though. Maybe the maintenance will be finished by then, lol :(

Edit- I didn't realise it had released in the past and was pulled. I've just been reading about it. Bizarre.

Let us know what you think. Read elsewhere that the controls are not that responsive on an iPad. Wondering if it plays better on iPhone.

Was also wondering what the IAPs are for.
IAPs are a coin doubler, a free shop item, and unlocking everything in the shop. $2.99, $1.99, and $4.99 respectively.

Controls are fine so far, swiping works good but sometimes it's hard to react fast enough to sharp turns.

Only nitpick I have is that the pixel art of the menus clashes slightly with the clean level aesthetic. Otherwise it's really fun game, recommended!

awp69

IAPs are a coin doubler, a free shop item, and unlocking everything in the shop. $2.99, $1.99, and $4.99 respectively.

Controls are fine so far, swiping works good but sometimes it's hard to react fast enough to sharp turns.

Only nitpick I have is that the pixel art of the menus clashes slightly with the clean level aesthetic. Otherwise it's really fun game, recommended!

Do you accumulate coins at a decent rate? Or does it seem freemium with a price tag?

Matt Frost

Let us know what you think. Read elsewhere that the controls are not that responsive on an iPad. Wondering if it plays better on iPhone.

Was also wondering what the IAPs are for.

Reached the devs and said the IAPs are purely optional to accelerate progress. Going to grab it later thanks for the impressions...

Do you accumulate coins at a decent rate? Or does it seem freemium with a price tag?
At a decent rate yeah, finished the first 10 levels so far and have 8000 coins. Most stuff in the shop is between 10,000-35,000. Character Skins though are 50,000+,

Top Bottom