• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iOS/tvOS Gaming November 2015 | Out of your pocket, into your living room

awp69

I just re-downloaded it and all my progress is wiped. Looks like you have to play the entire game again. Fuck this.

Actually, if you keep scrolling to the right, you can go straight to the new content. It then says it "strongly" recommends you play the original levels first because the new ones are more complex. But you can play them without going through again.

Actually, if you keep scrolling to the right, you can go straight to the new content. It then says it "strongly" recommends you play the original levels first because the new ones are more complex. But you can play them without going through again.

Ah ok, thanks!

Li Kao

So saddddd... I finally bought Lara Croft Go only to find that on an ipad 4 the framerate is pathetic. I'm of half a mind to shelve it and wait to have a better model, the game atmosphere is quite excellent, but I can barely buy an app, so a new ipad...
Really annoyed, it gives me monument valley vibes and I want to play it.

Mario

Sidhe / PikPok
Returning to a topic raised earlier in the thread, I'd suggested incentivized video would be a while off on Apple TV.

I was wrong. Those services already exist and some large publishers are already running campaigns. We've been approached to integrate into our F2P games, Breakneck and the next one arriving in 4 weeks, though if we move ahead it wouldn't be until next year.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
Add Downwell to the growing sales list down to $.99 from $2.99.

Hitman Sniper. $4.99 --> $.99
Zero Age $2.99 --> $.99

There's quite a few other games on sale too, but many have sales pretty regularly. But if you have AppZapp, more keep popping up!

still seeing downwrll at 3 :/

PittaGAF

The new Lara Croft GO adventure is awesome and WAY more challenging than the original game, which is even more awesome.

iCloud sync worked like a charm here....everything was as I completed first time and I could dive in the new missions immediately.

awp69

The new Lara Croft GO adventure is awesome and WAY more challenging than the original game, which is even more awesome.

iCloud sync worked like a charm here....everything was as I completed first time and I could dive in the new missions immediately.

iCloud didn't work for me but then I also didn't know you had to manually turn on iCloud in the game's settings so it probably never uploaded my save. But, as I mentioned earlier, you can still dive right into the new content, ignoring the warning.

Also, another sale: Pac Man Championship Edition DX at $1.99 (down from $4.99). Had the console version but finally decided to bite with the sale to have it on the go.

awp69

There are a ton more sales. Here's just a few more:

Transistor $9.99 --> $2.99
Infinity Blade $5.99 --> Free
Agricola $6.99 --> $2.99
Geometry Wars 3 $9.99 --> $2.99
Prune $3.99 --> $1.99

Thanks past-me for remembering to active the cloud saving, Lara Croft Go kept all my progress and collectibles when I redownloaded it. New content seems solid so far, I had a bit of an issue with the base game being fairly easy so I am glad they have doubled up the difficulty in this expansion for sure.

zukalous

Neo Member
Have you tried Super Dangerous Dungeon? It is a sequel to Tiny Dangerous Dungeon which I really liked. I think they get controls right. Some people say they are floaty.

okno

Have you tried Super Dangerous Dungeon? It is a sequel to Tiny Dangerous Dungeon which I really liked. I think they get controls right. Some people say they are floaty.

Controls are floaty, graphics are nice, game is stupid easy and the levels are way too short. I like it enough to keep trucking, though.

PittaGAF

How is Transistor on rhe iPad? Or is it better on a console? I do not have a controller for the pad.

Worked wonderfully here (iPad Air, and even iPhone).
Better than Bastion because of the hybrid turn based system.
I preferred Bastion for how they developed the story, but Transistor is the better game.

Li Kao

Slitherine's 'Legions of Steel' and 'Warhammer 40,000: Armageddon' are on sale, yeah for sales ! But with their high base price they still cost half a kidney, boo for kidneys !
Too bad, I really want to play these games but with all the other sales and steam autumn one, I can't afford such prices. Shit.
Yeah, boo for shit too.

Edit - 'Hell' is discounted too, maybe more Slitherine games.

colinp

Banned
Soooooo I'm thinking of getting a 6S Plus as opposed to the 6S come January. I haven't really been paying attention to impressions and I'm still on a tiny 5S. What are people's thoughts on the Plus vs the regular big size...?

jon bones

How is Transistor on rhe iPad? Or is it better on a console? I do not have a controller for the pad.

plays super well on my 6S - my favorite type of touch controls (point to a spot to move there plus the ability to pause and lay out a series of moves and fire them off.)

well worth it.

Soooooo I'm thinking of getting a 6S Plus as opposed to the 6S come January. I haven't really been paying attention to impressions and I'm still on a tiny 5S. What are people's thoughts on the Plus vs the regular big size...?

5s to 6s was the right move for me - the plus was far too big for easy access, though i imagine if you have an Apple Watch for small notifications it might be fine.

gaming on the 6s has been a huge upgrade over the 5s - you never realize how little real estate you had before

kiguel182

Downwell is really good on a mechanical level but I'm really tired of Rogue-like games. I really like feeling progression overall when I play a game.

I will still play it since the rest of it is superb but I wish it wasn't rogue-like and instead a succession of levels.

Erebus

I might grab Downwell for that price. Is Prune any good? I keep hearing about this game but it seems boring from the screenshots. Is it anything like Eufloria?

Lastly, how is PAC-MAN Championship Edition DX on the iPhone? I remember loving it on the PS3 some years ago.

Li Kao

Any Ipad Pro users ? How much is the "too big, it's an annoyance" vs the "bigger so in many cases better" factor ?
Yeah, I'm thinking of budgeting a new Ipad, the fourth one seems to have outlasted its capabilities these days. Now Ipad Air 2 or Ipad Pro, and 128 Go or bust, I think by the time I can afford this there will be Air 4 and Pro 3 (' T_T)

jon bones

I might grab Downwell for that price. Is Prune any good? I keep hearing about this game but it seems boring from the screenshots. Is it anything like Eufloria?

Lastly, how is PAC-MAN Championship Edition DX on the iPhone? I remember loving it on the PS3 some years ago.

downwell is dope, well worth a buck

prune is neat but kinda boring

pac man ce dx runs and controls really well, love having it on the go

Any Ipad Pro users ? How much is the "too big, it's an annoyance" vs the "bigger so in many cases better" factor ?
Yeah, I'm thinking of budgeting a new Ipad, the fourth one seems to have outlasted its capabilities these days. Now Ipad Air 2 or Ipad Pro, and 128 Go or bust, I think by the time I can afford this there will be Air 4 and Pro 3 (' T_T)

I have used an iPad Pro and it's pretty sweet, once you trick it out with accessories like the keyboard. I think as just an iPad it may not be as ergonomic and useful though.

I played a bit of Asphalt 8 on an iPad Pro and even with the screen quite a bit away from my face it sucked me right in. If you get up close to the screen it's almost a VR-like experience, given the size of the screen covering your peripheral vision. Most of the games I sampled didn't seem iPad Pro-oriented, but good iOS development practices made most of them look great anyway.

I'm really happy with my iPad Air and I vastly prefer the 10" experience, but if you're thinking the extra screen space might fit your needs better it might be worth it.

Downwell is really good on a mechanical level but I'm really tired of Rogue-like games. I really like feeling progression overall when I play a game.

I will still play it since the rest of it is superb but I wish it wasn't rogue-like and instead a succession of levels.
Try sproggiwood, it's a rogue like but with good amounts of progression. It's on sale too.

PittaGAF

So it's better than the base game?
Found that a bit underwhelming.

Well...personally I loved the base game, even if a tad too easy.
This free exapansion is really hard.
Not impossible, but really hard, an order of magnitude of the base game.

awp69

At least it had a lot of the bigger priced games on sale and not just a bunch of sub-$5 ones. Transistor and GW3 being $3 surprised me.

Yeah, there was definitely quality over quanity in the sales. Lara Croft GO, Sproggiwood, Galaxy Trucker, Prune, Downwell, Pac Man CE DX, Lost Within, Til Morning's Light, HoPiko...

All great games along with Transistor, GW3 and others.

I already owned all of those except Pac Man, which I bought, but at least some good pickings for those that didn't have them.

----

Anyone have .Decluster Zero? I own the first .Decluster and like it but not sure the new one is all that different and have quite a few shumps on my phone / iPad already.

It's on sale for $2.99 (from $4.99) for the first time.

Nelo Ice

Banned

I made the jump from a 4S to a 6S. I only kept the 6S for 2 days. Saw my cousins 6S+ and immediately exchanged my 6S and upgraded to a 6S+. Needless to say the size difference was the main reason I switched and I personally can't go back to a smaller phone.

Anyone played Doorkickers on the iPhone?

Im interested in getting it, but I can't decide whether to get it for my Android phone or my iPad Mini.

If it's perfectly fine on the phone I'd like it there, but if its controls aren't great on a smaller screen then I'll probably get it for my iPad.

colinp

Banned
Thanks for the thoughts on 6S vs 6S+ everyone. I think I'll just have to go test it out in store. I've got big hands but I'm not sure if they're THAT big for the +...

I'm definitely looking forward to the increase over the 5S though.

PittaGAF

Since Apple created the plus phones, I debate with myself every time.
I went from a 4S to a 6 and the difference was HUGE.
To the point I'm now using it much more, even over the iPad.
I have now a 6S but I long debated if getting the plus.
Every time I'm convinced for the plus I go to the Apple Store and change my mind.
My biggest problem is not usage, it's putting it in my pocket (I usually use skinny jeans), especially in summer without coats.

If Apple made the plus compatible with iPad apps, I would get the plus no matter what.
Till then, the 'normal' one fit better my lifestyle.

Danneee

God damn, just notice that MtG 2013 isnt available on the app store anymore and they removed it from my account.
Never buying anything from WotC again, fucktards.

Top Bottom