• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Iron Man VR - Preview Thread

Typhares

https://uploadvr.com/hands-on-iron-man-vr-really-nails-the-sensation-of-flight/
Hands-On: Iron Man VR Really Nails The Sensation Of Flight

https://blog.us.playstation.com/2019/04/02/hands-on-30-minutes-with-marvels-iron-man-vr/
Marvel’s Iron Man VR is proving itself to be a highly intuitive VR action experience, offering up an immersive mix of flying and shooting that is sure to make Marvel, and especially Iron Man, fans cheer.

https://www.engadget.com/amp/2019/04/02/iron-man-vr-psvr-hands-on/?__twitter_impression=true
'Iron Man VR' is as close to being Tony Stark as you're likely to get

https://variety.com/2019/film/featu...-vrs-stunning-marvels-iron-man-vr-1203177865/
Iron Man is a perfect fit for virtual reality. The helmet, the physicality of his powers, the embodiment of his armor, they all lend themselves to a VR experience.

Very positive previews, if the full game delivers it's day 1 for me!

Last edited:

Typhares

Last edited:

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Iron Man really makes you feel like Iron Man

AlexxKidd

Might wanna add some of this to OP.

46573460595_f1841296e3_c.jpg

32546794407_b66dd6df69_c.jpg

Iron-Man-VR-4.jpg

Makariel

The initial trailer was a bit meh, but the hands-on reports seem really positive. I'll keep that on my radar. I knew that Camoflaj was working on some VR game, but I had no idea they got their hand on the Marvel license. Curious what they can do with it!
Iron Man really makes you feel like Iron Man
The reviews will literally write themselves :D

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
This is the biggest shock on the year so far for me. Glad this news dropped today and not yesterday.

Romulus

Why didn't they show this at the initial reveal? It just went from on rails shovelware to something pretty impressive. Wow, what a turnaround.

Gamernyc78

Banned
The initial reveal said those videos didnt represent actual gameplay so I wrote it off but these previews have me hyped. Good to see more quality PSVR content is coming.

johntown

Banned
PSVR exclusive!? This crap is starting to get old. There is barely any decent VR content out there and we have one company that wants to hog it all.

The game looks great though and I guess I cannot wait for it to release to people who want a high quality VR experience instead of PSVR.

A-W-E-S-O-M-E

Another instant buy for me. This year is gonna be great for VR again, like 2018. Ironman, No Man's Sky, Concrete Genie and Blood and Truth, among others.

But hey, "no games" and "State of play was disappointing" Sure.

onQ123

PSVR exclusive!? This crap is starting to get old. There is barely any decent VR content out there and we have one company that wants to hog it all.

The game looks great though and I guess I cannot wait for it to release to people who want a high quality VR experience instead of PSVR.

Hold up homey!

If it wasn't for Sony & PSVR it wouldn't be enough of a VR install base for anyone to make good games for .

You mean one company actually wants to invest in their ecosystem.

The butthurt is strong with this one.

Romulus

After playing Ace Combat 7 in VR, these Iron Man VR previews have shot it up to one of my most anticipated this year. The sense of flying in VR when done right is an exhilaratingly powerful feeling, and I love Iron Man. Most of these previews are saying it is the best feeling of flying and sense of speed so far.

Gamernyc78

Banned
Psvr 2 is going to be dope! I can't wait to have these same experiences in higher graphical fidelity and hopefully wireless. For now PSVR is good as well and will keep using and buying software for it :)

Romulus

I think they shot themselves in the foot a little bit with that reveal. Terrible business from the marketing team. If you watch the reveal, the gameplay segments are specifically shown in such a way that make it look in rails. I'm glad it's not, but how incompetent is that, especially with the stigma about VR games in general? There should be someone editing the trailers or something that should have caught that.

Last edited:

Wonko_C

Isn't this a first party game like Spider-Man, though? Not much can be done about that, methinks.

mckmas8808

Isn't this a first party game like Spider-Man, though? Not much can be done about that, methinks.

Is it? This is a 1st or 2nd party game? And why are all these VR previews coming out on the same day? Did we miss some event?

johntown

Banned
I don't think so. The developer is not a Sony studio. Hopefully, it will only be exclusive for a year. I can wait anyway as I have an enormous backlog as it is......or I will just borrow my brothers PSVR like I did for RE7.

chinoXL

Damn I'm trying 5o hold out for pay VR but damn I'm a Marvel junkie and this looks dope...ugh damn u Sony!!

Makariel

I don't think so. The developer is not a Sony studio.
The developer is also really small. I would assume the PSVR exclusivity is more a matter of practicality, since they can focus on getting it to run on known hardware. If their previous game is anything to go by, there will be PCVR versions coming eventually, once they have the time for porting it over. Republique originally came out for only for iOS, before it was ported to Android, PC and consoles eventually. We're not talking about a AAA game studio here.

If Sony has somehow funded the studio it will be an exclusive. If it reviews well I can clearly see this selling in bundles with PSVR , like Beat Saber or Astro Bot. It would be idiocy not to do it if the game is remotely close to being a good game.

pr0cs

Hopefully they make enough sales to make a pc version. Looks fun regardless, considering I don't really like superhero games

mckmas8808

This is incredible to listen to. These guys seemed honestly happy to play the game and said it was great. If this game had came out when Avengers: Endgame was in movies and was a PSVR Bundle, it probably could have moved 500,000 units over the summer easy!!!

Romulus

Pretty high praise from an unreleased game, but this doesn't seem aimed at casuals either:

There is a bit of a sensory overload that comes with the controller combination, and I do worry that this game isn’t going to be accessible for those who aren’t used to playing high-intensity shooters. That being said, once I was able to get the flying and shooting combinations down, the feeling was fantastic and as close to being a real-life superhero as any game has given me.

https://www.cgmagonline.com/2019/04/03/iron-man-vr-demonstrates-the-limitless-potential-sonys-psvr/

From the videos and previews, the opinions seem very similar across the board. This game delivers the feeling of being a superhero, no easy task.

Last edited:
Indeed, you should learn how to fly the suit properly and it's very good that controls are not easy from the get-go. Each preview sounds better than the previous one.

Iron Man intensifies...

Solo Act

Off topic a bit, but why does that interviewer say "we've been so disappointed by superhero videogames over the years"? (0:47)

The Arkham series was great. Ultimate Alliance games are always well received. Spiderman might be my favorite game on PS4. Even that Wolverine game from a few years ago was sneaky fun.

Why has IGN been "so disappointed in superhero videogames"?

Last edited:

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
Off topic a bit, but why does that interviewer say "we've been so disappointed by superhero videogames over the years"? (0:47)

The Arkham series was great. Ultimate Alliance games are always well received. Spiderman might be my favorite game on PS4. Even that Wolverine game from a few years ago was sneaky fun.

cause they are cucks

Romulus

I think superhero games, on the whole, sucked until about ten years ago. I think people got used to saying that or something. You're right though, plenty of examples of great superhero games now.

Last edited:

Romulus

Tomorrow

Specifically, the recently announced Iron Man VR will star in the Marvel Games Panel. The panel, hosted by our friend Greg Miller, will feature “unannounced special surprises and panel exclusives” for the game. Miller will be joined by Marvel Games VP Bill Rosemann and a bunch of developers. The panel takes place on July 18 at 1:30pm PT in Hall H and will also include Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 and Square Enix’s Avengers game.

Wonko_C

Basically Ace Combat in a robot suit. AC7's 3 VR missions were awesome. Me want. Even if all enemies are drones in the entire game as long as they do varied missions around them, I'd be totally fine with it. Enemies in AC are just planes and ground/sea units and it works. What kind of enemies would Iron Man face besides anyway? Other "Iron Men"? Aliens? (sorry I've only seen the movies and I don't even remember anything about them that much other than RDJ being cool/funny)

Last edited:

Romulus

Basically Ace Combat in a robot suit. AC7's 3 VR missions were awesome. Me want. Even if all enemies are drones in the entire game as long as they do varied missions around them, I'd be totally fine with it. Enemies in AC are just planes and ground/sea units and it works. What kind of enemies would Iron Man face besides anyway? Other "Iron Men"? Aliens? (sorry I've only seen the movies and I don't even remember anything about them that much other than RDJ being cool/funny)

Yep. Flying is incredible in VR when done right!

Top Bottom