• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Is Brotherhood the best sword design from Final Fantasy?

Has anyone said the wyrmhero sword.

This is saying how well the sword works in the context of its story... But the sword, stand alone, by itself is both terrible in design and function.

Good thing they were designing a sword for a fantasy game and not one for practical use in real life. Outside of the function, I just disagree with you on design. It's great, and there's a reason it became so iconic.

Mephala

Squall's gunblade is my favourite I think. In practice it functions like a vibroblade from the Star Wars universe. Firing a round causes the Blade to tremble. The idea was to fire it while you cut something making the slash more violent and messy. It is not meant to be an elegant thing.

I also liked how they added a different technique for Dissidia. Stab the enemy, fire a shot and use the recoil to extract the Blade quickly only to brute force it back with another stab... Hilarious when you think about it and the absurd strain such a technique would put in your hand/arm. Especially when Squall is a combo nut in Dissidia. So very satisfying though.

All things considered though I like most of the weapons, I find it hard to find one I dislike.

Ezalc

WoL's Bastard Sword, Zidane's Mage Mashers, Firion's Blood Sword, Bartz's Brave Blade are all leagues above Tidus' stupid water sword and the abominations that are the buster sword and squall's gunblade.

Any sword that is similar in size to the buster sword, as in hugely impractical, is automatically disqualified as being the best of anything by how fucking stupid it looks given it's size. Masamune, while thin, is also just as stupidly long and thus also shit.

I don't get how people are complaining about weapon practicality in a Final Fantasy thread. Heck, I can't think of many weapons in video games that are practical.

Top Bottom