• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Is it easier for a woman to have sex than a man?

I'm sorry to hear that you've been the victim of that, and I'm not saying that women are angels. They're absolutely not, and it's not acceptable behavior on either side.

However, you are one (1, un, uno, una, ein) person. As I pointed out in a subsequent post, there's hard data showing that women are much more likely to encounter sexual assault and harassment than men. This doesn't delegitimize the horribleness of what happened to you -- it's just important to remember that your experience doesn't represent the whole of society.

I could have been more clear in my last post and wasn't trying to put words in your mouth, but I wasn't directly referencing to you but a more common perception. It was the women themselves that thought it was acceptable behavior, and I most definitely wasn't the only victim in my workplaces.

I have a hard time believing that data saying women suffer from harassment a lot more is entirely accurate though, but all I have is a lifetime of anecdotal evidence unfortunately. Whenever I reported a harassment or sexist behavior at work, it has always been laughed off or brushed under the carpet and actually been told to take it like a man. How often do men report these problems? How often are they actually followed up? How many men don't even consider this stuff a problem at all (as in they couldn't care less)?

The reason why I question this supposed data is because examples of a female colleague approaching me from behind, folding her arms around me and running her hands down me back is seen as nothing, but if I were to do the same to another female colleague, I'd be in all sorts of trouble and another statistic of sexual harassment in the workplace. I've had 3 stalkers who I never reported, even though one of them knew where I went and what I did on my days off, without me ever informing a soul. Sometimes she would be at a place when I arrived, when I told nobody about it. That seems like something that a women would report if a man were that damn creepy.

You also say I am one person affected, but I had, Lord knows, it could be hundreds of occurrences that happened to me. I highly doubt that I was the only person those women forced upon themselves.

Last edited:

Zog

Banned
I could have been more clear in my last post and wasn't trying to put words in your mouth, but I wasn't directly referencing to you but a more common perception. It was the women themselves that thought it was acceptable behavior, and I most definitely wasn't the only victim in my workplaces.

I have a hard time believing that data saying women suffer from harassment a lot more is entirely accurate though, but all I have is a lifetime of anecdotal evidence unfortunately. Whenever I reported a harassment or sexist behavior at work, it has always been laughed off or brushed under the carpet and actually been told to take it like a man. How often do men report these problems? How often are they actually followed up? How many men don't even consider this stuff a problem at all (as in they couldn't care less)?

The reason why I question this supposed data is because examples of a female colleague approaching me from behind, folding her arms around me and running her hands down me back is seen as nothing, but if I were to do the same to another female colleague, I'd be in all sorts of trouble and another statistic of sexual harassment in the workplace. I've had 3 stalkers who I never reported, even though one of them knew where I went and what I did on my days off, without me ever informing a soul. Sometimes she would be at a place when I arrived, when I told nobody about it. That seems like something that a women would report if a man were that damn creepy.

You also say I am one person affected, but I had, Lord knows, it could be hundreds of occurrences that happened to me. I highly doubt that I was the only person those women forced upon themselves.

There is certainly a double standard and men know it so they don't report these incidents or they are ignored so their experiences never become a statistic. Unlike women, there are no promotions or programs to encourage men to come forward when they are sexually harassed or abused. Same goes for Domestic Violence against men.

Texas Pride

Banned
I'm sorry to hear that you've been the victim of that, and I'm not saying that women are angels. They're absolutely not, and it's not acceptable behavior on either side.

However, you are one (1, un, uno, una, ein) person. As I pointed out in a subsequent post, there's hard data showing that women are much more likely to encounter sexual assault and harassment than men. This doesn't delegitimize the horribleness of what happened to you -- it's just important to remember that your experience doesn't represent the whole of society.

The data can't be taken at face value bcs most men out of shame don't report shit like that that's happened to them. I'd wager it happens to men much more than you would believe but it goes unreported. Women under report victimization too but men don't respect other men who would report shit like that and most don't for fear of being ostracized by their peers.

SKM1

don't know, every time theres a push for overweight people, and how we can't offend them, its always showing a women. And every time I search for a overweight movement its always women telling people how other people how they should be accepted. I love when people just try to force everyone to believe what they want to, its not going to happen though.
there's a long way between not saying mean things and fucking you. And yeah, didn't notice that about the movement. Interesting

hecatomb

Banned
there's a long way between not saying mean things and fucking you. And yeah, didn't notice that about the movement. Interesting
its been on TV, youtube, and just search on google. Through the years its 99% of the time about trying to push for this agenda for overweight women are sexy. Im sure theres some people who think they might be, but you can't force your agendas on people. Its also cause they read bullshit like this
https://cora.life/blogs/day-one/how-to-be-sexy-and-fat-a-guide

Last edited:

Kagey K

Banned
I’ve always said women hold all the power in dating.

When a guy and a girl are going out for a date, typically the guy gets to sit and wonder “Am I going to get laid tonight” for the entire date.

The girl already knows in the first few minutes if they are or not.

petran79

Banned

In my workplace which is a school, friendly touches and hugs between male and female colleagues are quite common. We even have a physiotherapist who gladly does neck and shoulder massage to female colleagues who ask for it. Dirty jokes and references are also often and all laugh, even the ones that do not want to be touched.
If that counts as sexual harassment, then I do not know what to say....

Makariel

I've never been a woman, so I can't tell. I'm reluctant to give a general statement based on anecdotal evidence, but I guess plenty of folks did studies on that subject, so why not look them up?

Paracelsus

Read what happened (both are weirdos but she's the one that played him like a fool and he's got the evidence to prove it), then google Mari@AGDQ and cdgexe.

Last edited:

SKM1

Read what happened (both are weirdos but she's the one that played him like a fool and he's got the evidence to prove it), then google Mari@AGDQ and cdgexe.

The account is set to private so I can't read the thread. Anyways, this kind of thing happens a lot. The world is full of suckers and players.

ap,550x550,16x12,1,transparent,t.png

H

hariseldon

Unconfirmed Member
It is in theory, but I hate when people position it as if women have things easy with sex and "oppressed" straight men have such a rough time. Er, no they don't.

Men generally don't have to treat parking garages, nighttime park walks and poorly-lit streets like gauntlets. They don't have women catcalling them, cornering them on the street or sending creepy messages. They don't have to worry about women slipping date rape drugs into their drinks; they don't usually have to worry about bosses blackmailing them into sex acts by threatening to ruin their careers. Oh, and of course they haven't been discouraged from taking higher-profile jobs or pursuing careers after becoming parents, making them more dependent on partners.

Yeah, if I had to deal with sexual harassment and threats on a frequent basis, and society generally made it harder for me to get a well-paying job once I had a child, I'd set the bar pretty high for my potential partners, too.

This may be the case, but don't you think that if the dating roles were evened out so that neither side was gatekeeper, neither side expected to always make the first move, this kind of problem would almost completely disappear?

H

hariseldon

Unconfirmed Member

You're clearly here with an opinion that won't be shaken, determined to be the white knight, the only good man in a world of scumbags. It won't get you laid. On topic, you dismiss this man's experiences and fail to consider that things that happen to men are simply not reported, for the reasons he outlined. Women have bad experiences in bad areas, men on the other hand also have bad experiences in bad areas. The solution is to fix the bad areas, to get crime down, so that women don't face sexual assault and men don't face violent assault. This can be done with better policing, better street-lighting in those areas, etc.

Aurelian

my friends call me "Cunty"
You're clearly here with an opinion that won't be shaken, determined to be the white knight, the only good man in a world of scumbags. It won't get you laid. On topic, you dismiss this man's experiences and fail to consider that things that happen to men are simply not reported, for the reasons he outlined. Women have bad experiences in bad areas, men on the other hand also have bad experiences in bad areas. The solution is to fix the bad areas, to get crime down, so that women don't face sexual assault and men don't face violent assault. This can be done with better policing, better street-lighting in those areas, etc.

I'm in a steady relationship, thank you very much. I'm just tired of fellow men acting as if women have no reason to be cautious about who they date, and have it easy... they absolutely don't.

I'm not dismissing his experiences, and I know that incidents against men go unreported. But let's be realistic: that's not exclusive to men, and the fact remains that women are much more likely to be victims of sexual assault and harassment. Imagine several women for every one man like him and you see the scope of the problem. Women have to be picky because sexual harassment, assault and creepy behavior is much more of a practical reality for them Maybe not ubiquitous, but common enough that it genuinely influences who and how they date. There's a good reason why dating apps like Bumble only let women message first... hint: the gender ratio for creeps is heavily skewed in one direction.

betrayal

Banned
Of course woman have it easier. They are way more attractive than men and unconsciously they already often decide if and when they have sex.

They're also the more attractive gender in general even when asking women. Most women find other women attractive, which has nothing to do with sexual preferences, i.e. being bi. It is easier for women to find ten attractive women than men when walking down a crowded street.
Sure, there are very attractive men with all the classic features (jaw line, body height, more muscular than the average guy and many more) that 9 out of 10 women will find attractive, but in the end women would not sleep with everyone they find attractive because of the social stigmata like being a slut if they want to have easy sex.

Last edited:
H

hariseldon

Unconfirmed Member
I'm in a steady relationship, thank you very much. I'm just tired of fellow men acting as if women have no reason to be cautious about who they date, and have it easy... they absolutely don't.

I'm not dismissing his experiences, and I know that incidents against men go unreported. But let's be realistic: that's not exclusive to men, and the fact remains that women are much more likely to be victims of sexual assault and harassment. Imagine several women for every one man like him and you see the scope of the problem. Women have to be picky because sexual harassment, assault and creepy behavior is much more of a practical reality for them Maybe not ubiquitous, but common enough that it genuinely influences who and how they date. There's a good reason why dating apps like Bumble only let women message first... hint: the gender ratio for creeps is heavily skewed in one direction.

And there you go dismissing anything outside of your agenda as just not that important. It's only men. They don't matter. You conveniently whatabout the stuff that happens to men, minimising their experience while maximising the female experience, because it's convenient to your agenda.

Good luck with that, it's clear that you aren't interested in a debate so I'll leave it there.

Last edited by a moderator:

Zog

Banned
I'm just tired of fellow men acting as if women have no reason to be cautious about who they date, and have it easy... they absolutely don't.
I am just tired of everyone acting as if men have no reason to be cautious in all areas of life. Men are the majority of violent crime victims, the majority of workplace deaths, men need to be very careful in matters related to women because they may get accused of harassment or assault and very few seem to give a fuck. You act like people never think about the hardships of women, in fact that is always at the forefront of gender discussion.

Last edited:

llien

It is rooted in the way we reproduce, in my humble opinion.
The best mating strategy for males is to mate with as many (healthy, fertile) females as possible.
While the best mating strategy for females is more complicated:
1) mate with those with the best genes
2) look for those who root for you (won't leave you for another)

...that she wouldn’t be interested in even if she were single.
There are curious stats on tinder/okcupid.
With 80% of males rated "below average".
85% of women, on the opposite, were rated as either attractive or very attractive.

This aligns perfectly well with what I've stated above.

if it's a new partner a psycho, stalker etc...
That's more about perception than actual troubles.
Women area also afraid of dark places, walk on the street etc, yet victims are mostly men.

As far as I see women are simply NOT attracted to average dudes (let alone below average). And top crop is not that easy to get. And there are multiple movies about "revenge an against attractive guy".

women are much more likely to encounter sexual assault and harassment
Welp, I haven't noticed that when going through National Crime Victimization Survey.National Crime Victimization Survey

Last edited:

#Phonepunk#

Banned
as a hetero male, there have been plenty of times where i thought yes, of course. the idea that women can just put it out there and they know there is a world full of desperate horny dudes just begging to score. tbh this might be true of some women but not all, mainly the hot ones, and tbf it's probably true for hot dudes. so that doesn't entirely rely on gender and might just mean hot people have an easier time, which is super obvious. in fact it's likely that, because i'm a hetero male, when i ask this question, i immediately assume the woman will be hot.

at any rate there is a much higher consequence for women in pursuing sex. there is the possibility they can get pregnant, something a man never has to worry about. so in the back of their mind, this is always a factor, not simply the need to get laid at any cost, but to make it count, to make a good choice. feel like for men, they can afford to be less picky.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 713885

Unconfirmed Member
Easy? Yes.

Safe? No.

A woman does have the ease of obtaining sex, without a doubt. But in doing so she also drops her guard and opens herself up to having to trust the partner will respect the kind of sex she is open with.
As a man we dont have to worry about getting unwanted stuff stuck in our butts we cant fight off, a chick getting smack happy or choke happy if we ain't into it etc...

A woman basically has to say to herself "I trust this guy not to hold me down, ass rape me, and choke me out." every time she allows herself to be sexual with a new partner.

Also, as guys we might pick up a stalker female from a night of random sex...but does it really REALLY scare you? Imagine your 5ft 3 and you rando bang a 6ft 4 dude and he gets obsessed with you....yeah, that can be scary. Give the wrong dude sex and he gets obsessed and you could end up with a giant trying to murder you.

So, they do have the ease of obtaining sex, but it comes with unsure consequences if it's a new partner a psycho, stalker etc... they have the roll the dice and it can lead to scary consequences.

Edit: Also a vagina is a petri dish for diseases, fungus etc.. Its a lot harder as a dude to contract a couple STD's, bacterial infections, AIDS etc.. with your dick. A woman who sleeps around is basically rolling the dice of dirty dicks.

JimmyRustler

Gold Member
How is that even a question?

Let me put it this way: As a male you can look like Brad Pitt, if you don't hit on girls nothing will happen. As a female you are most certainly being hit on at some point by some dude and then you just have to go along.

Last edited:
The only thing I know about sex and dating is that everyone complains about it, from not getting laid to being able to find a 'good one'.

And sexual harassment for men it's vastly unreported. I've been sexuality harassed a lot, but I almost always like it. Keep it coming. But I'd never compare my dynamic to a woman's.

H

hariseldon

Unconfirmed Member
@PKM the issue I have with what you've just said is the same issue I have with a lot of scared women - the assumption that men are a risk. Women have been trained in recent years to view all men as a threat, and somehow you've also swallowed that. Truth is the VAST majority of men won't do any of what you've suggested and any fear that exists is out of all proportion with reality. It's part of what's used to attack men, and for that reason I despise that mentality, given it does nothing to improve the safety of women.

D

Deleted member 713885

Unconfirmed Member
The only thing I know about sex and dating is that everyone complains about it, from not getting laid to being able to find a 'good one'.

And sexual harassment for men it's vastly unreported. I've been sexuality harassed a lot, but I almost always like it. Keep it coming. But I'd never compare my dynamic to a woman's.

Honest fact, as a man I've only been sexually harrased....by men.

One and only time I went out with some female friends to a gay bar. HOLY SHIT...You think straight men can be creepy..
I was groped (front and back)
I was asked.. How big I was, how many drinks it would take before I let some one blow me, how EVEN more drinks it would take before I'd be doing the blowing lol

Had a dude start a conversation with me...inches away from me pissing..just pecker glaring the whole time.

It sucked...but if it was women doing it...my confidence would have SKY ROCKETTED lol

H

hariseldon

Unconfirmed Member
Honest fact, as a man I've only been sexually harrased....by men.

One and only time I went out with some female friends to a gay bar. HOLY SHIT...You think straight men can be creepy..
I was groped (front and back)
I was asked.. How big I was, how many drinks it would take before I let some one blow me, how EVEN more drinks it would take before I'd be doing the blowing lol

Had a dude start a conversation with me...inches away from me pissing..just pecker glaring the whole time.

It sucked...but if it was women doing it...my confidence would have SKY ROCKETTED lol

Yeah I've had that too - I was working at a gay bar at the time (a little business enterprise - a long story). I've also had the misfortune as a male teacher of running the gauntlet of arse-pinching teenage girls when entering a class which left me feeling a tad uncomfortable for obvious reasons. The danger for men is not necessarily violence when a woman harasses them, because women don't bully people physically, they bully people socially (this can be seen a great deal among the aforementioned teenage girls - boys just punch each other). The mechanism of choice these days, because women have all the power, is the sexual harassment claim. Harass the man, he rejects it, cry harassment, life wrecked, job done.

EDIT: Btw if you want to experience women doing the above, be within a 50 foot radius of a hen party.

D

Deleted member 713885

Unconfirmed Member
@PKM the issue I have with what you've just said is the same issue I have with a lot of scared women - the assumption that men are a risk. Women have been trained in recent years to view all men as a threat, and somehow you've also swallowed that. Truth is the VAST majority of men won't do any of what you've suggested and any fear that exists is out of all proportion with reality. It's part of what's used to attack men, and for that reason I despise that mentality, given it does nothing to improve the safety of women.

No, I agree women shouldnt fear men (talking, dating, hanging out with, etc..)
I just think it's a reasonable fear that a women has to overcome when it comes down too..
1. Being physical with a man.
2.Allowing an exchange of fluids

Once you accept a person, perhaps twice your body weight, to take physical control and dictate the physical nature of the act...its a LARGE amount of trust. Not to mention, as I said, as men we dont have to deal with the biological ramifications a woman has to with a vagina. Even if she is on birth control its WAY easier to catch an STD and/or Aids or even a minor fungal or bacterial infection. You can pick the nicest cutest dude and still end up getting a yeast infection, the clap, etc.. way easier then as dude we can get sleeping around.

H

hariseldon

Unconfirmed Member
No, I agree women shouldnt fear men (talking, dating, hanging out with, etc..)
I just think it's a reasonable fear that a women has to overcome when it comes down too..
1. Being physical with a man.
2.Allowing an exchange of fluids

Once you accept a person, perhaps twice your body weight, to take physical control and dictate the physical nature of the act...its a LARGE amount of trust. Not to mention, as I said, as men we dont have to deal with the biological ramifications a woman has to with a vagina. Even if she is on birth control its WAY easier to catch an STD and/or Aids or even a minor fungal or bacterial infection. You can pick the nicest cutest dude and still end up getting a yeast infection, the clap, etc.. way easier then as dude we can get sleeping around.

Again, we start from an assumption that men are evil. That's a pretty shitty place to start from and creates all kinds of social nastiness which really isn't healthy. You seem to be endorsing the view of men as rapists. Further, I can't speak for other men but I was terrified of STDs when I was putting it about in my younger days (blame the AIDs crisis) and thus always used condoms. That option is open to women as well, and if the man does not wish to use one she has the option to say no to sex. It's really quite simple.

My friends and I would talk about this in our “early 20’s party days.” The premise was always that any girl could go into a bar and leave with a guy but for a guy to go home with a girl (like routinely) he’d have to be an 8 or better.

I don’t know if it’s necessarily true. I used to think it was but I dunno anymore......

Also, to the recent posts detailing assaults and harassment, I am very sorry to read that.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 713885

Unconfirmed Member
Again, we start from an assumption that men are evil. That's a pretty shitty place to start from and creates all kinds of social nastiness which really isn't healthy. You seem to be endorsing the view of men as rapists. Further, I can't speak for other men but I was terrified of STDs when I was putting it about in my younger days (blame the AIDs crisis) and thus always used condoms. That option is open to women as well, and if the man does not wish to use one she has the option to say no to sex. It's really quite simple.

Hmmm..I dont really mean to come off that way.

D

Deleted member 713885

Unconfirmed Member
I like to add also..

Girls will deny it but I think they know, and us guys know, a woman who sleeps around and/or is highly sexual....it really fucks with them mentally.

We all know that girl...

That 'look'

1481573425535.jpg

Shes always one flat tire away from a mental break down.

To be bluntly honest... YES!!! Any woman can find a man no matter what issues they may have or what they may look like. The woman might not like all the options that are available to her but if she genuinely truly wanted she can easily find sex somewhere. There will always be some dude desperately wanting to take her to the promised land. Men on the other hand are just too insecure in general and can go their whole lives without it because they're caught up in their own insecurities. Half of them wouldn't get laid if a woman didn't throw themselves to them for it because they're too clueless to pick up on the clues left for them to get there or they over think things ruining their chances.

iconmaster

Banned
There are curious stats on tinder/okcupid.
With 80% of males rated "below average".
85% of women, on the opposite, were rated as either attractive or very attractive.

Accurate. Men overall are pretty ugly. I’m not sure how women put up with us, honestly.

llien

Accurate. Men overall are pretty ugly.

Actually, it's rather laughable.
85% cannot be below "average" by any definition of "average" that I'm aware of. :)

Studies of heterosexual mate selection in dozens of countries around the world have found men and women report prioritizing different traits when it comes to choosing a mate, with men tending to prefer women who are young and attractive and women tending to prefer men who are rich, well-educated, ambitious, and attractive.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypergamy#Mating_preferences

We can see that in... female porn, (mostly books, 1 billion USD worth market), a typical female sexual object is tall, young, but not to young, rich.

...a woman who sleeps around...
Is following a very weak strategy, from evolution perspective, although, some insist female orgasm increases chances of pregnancy and that would explain why women, on average, need much more time than men, to climax, unless very excited. I.e imagine someone having chance to sleep with a much higher quality male.

Grinchy

Banned
While most (sane and logical) people agree that women have an easier time getting sex than men, I wonder whether women or gay men have it easier. I feel like that's the only close race.

While most (sane and logical) people agree that women have an easier time getting sex than men, I wonder whether women or gay men have it easier. I feel like that's the only close race.

From what I've seen gay people get down faster, but good looking women just have a bigger pool.

Gander

Banned
Life has a funny counter balance. Men before they have sex can almost think of nothing else. I remember being 16 and I could barely keep it in my pants.

After you have had a few conquests though you feel differently. Not like it's a chore but you are a lot more selective. You think to yourself, "Ya she has nice body but is she worth the trouble?"

H

hariseldon

Unconfirmed Member
Life has a funny counter balance. Men before they have sex can almost think of nothing else. I remember being 16 and I could barely keep it in my pants.

After you have had a few conquests though you feel differently. Not like it's a chore but you are a lot more selective. You think to yourself, "Ya she has nice body but is she worth the trouble?"

And this is when we go back to the cum closet.

Top Bottom