• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Is it too early to get into gaming Christmas spirit?

TrebleShot

Ragnarok gives those epic Xmas game vibes like LOTR used to when they came out year on year in December, plus mostly snow based.

COD always feels like the kick off to the festive season though, it won’t be long until they release nuke town Xmas edition again.

Griffon

christmas fuck you GIF

Kuranghi

fart town usa

Gold Member
Its time for a new TV my friend, my DMs are always open. In a budget-nutshell though:

celebrity family feud GIF by ABC Network
You Decide Amazon Studios GIF by Prime Video Comedy

Nervous Gordon Ramsey GIF by BBC
GIF by AMAs

GIF by Giphy QA

I'm a bad man I'm sorry, but when I saw that frame I demand you get an upgrade. Even if can't afford presents for your children/dogs. TV must come first.
It's a panasonic plasma though! lol.

I want the new Sony Bravia, I think there's a 65" model. Was hoping to get it as a gift to both of us this Christmas but might not be able to shake it financially. Maybe in the Spring.

ahtlas7

What cracks me up about Christmas in Netherlands is Sinterklaas and his little blackface helpers, lol.
I was there last week for the first time and was surprised when Santa cartoons came on. I don’t speak Dutch so I don’t know wtf was going on but Santa was on some kind of mission …I think.
Also, Christmas decorations around the city. Such a cool place.
qdgj6z8.jpg

Drizzlehell

Banned
I started playing this little gem the other day:

1920274349.jpg

It really makes me wonder why aren't there more racing games that are themed around snowy locations? They should also re-release all of the Motorstorm games for next-gen. Those games were so much fucking fun, man.

Happosai

Hold onto your panties
After all, in Philippines they already start celebrating Christmas in September so now with Halloween out of the way, I'm already starting to feel like getting into some Christmas jam with vidjagames and movies.

Of course, I won't go in full throttle until December but I was already thinking about playing some seasonal games. Maybe something that takes place during the winter, for starters. Like SSX for the PS3, or Steep for PS4. Then I could gradually move on to something that's more overtly in the spirit of the holidays, like Miles Morales, Arkham Origins, Dead Rising 4, or The Division.

So what's your favorite Christmas-themed gaming jam to get into as we approach the most wonderful time of the year?
It was time in October. Sometimes I just find a level of a game that's "Christmas-y" too.
lJ0xUSJ.gif

When I lived in Illinois, I remember playing Sledstorm on PS1 before Christmas.

Thabass

I'm a Christmas nut and I generally wait for the week of Thanksgiving to begin celebrating Christmas. Usually it's the day after Thanksgiving that I start doing Christmasy shit, but this year I'm starting on the Saturday before Thanksgiving.

Johnny Mathis Christmas Album on repeat let's goooooooooooo

Recently been preparing to play through the snow levels of Croc - Legend of the Gobbos but i will first do the first level in December :D

otherwise the usual candidates are
Jazz jackrabbit 1-2 Holiday edition
Lemmings Holiday edition
Duke3d Holiday edition
Kingdom hearts II Final mix - Nightmare before christmas world.

anthony2690

Banned
woah! Is it a demo disc?

this is as niche as christmas lemmings (I have it on floppy somewhere)
It's actually really common/cheap, in the UK, it came with a Sega Saturn magazine :)

Same thing happened with Panzer Dragoon Saga disc 1 as well, but Saturn was pretty damn dead in 1998 sadly.

But that's all I've ever played of Panzer Dragoon Saga :)

20cent

Banned
It is even still too early for regular Christmas spirit.

Gaming Christmas spirit? I guess it starts on the first day of your school break.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
I was there last week for the first time and was surprised when Santa cartoons came on. I don’t speak Dutch so I don’t know wtf was going on but Santa was on some kind of mission …I think.
Also, Christmas decorations around the city. Such a cool place.
qdgj6z8.jpg
This reminded me of The Division’s mall level. One of the fun things about that game.
E6-E2-ADC9-AC0-C-4053-977-B-2786-AC033-A21.jpg

My wife said no when I started playing Andy Williams. I plan on enjoying “The Callisto Protocol” during this years holiday season. My wife is use to celebrating New Years and their version of Santa Claus, so she probably wouldn’t celebrate it beyond receiving gifts. I’m the person who wants to start decorating now. My mother always decorated the house for Christmas in early November. She’d have like 3 trees and every square inch had a Christmas decoration.

Last edited:

fart town usa

Gold Member
Decorations are up inside as well as lights. Outside lights are up too. We've already watched The Santa Clause. Life is good.

And the best part..... Kuranghi Kuranghi , I just bought a new TV as a Christmas gift for myself and wife. 2022 65" Sony Bravia. Randomly checked on Amazon and it's 26% off right now and it lets you do monthly installments w/ no interest. So sick. Literally the exact TV I planned on buying, couldn't pass it up.

Weird, I checked the link and the listing doesn't have the monthy installment option. Wonder if I just got lucky?

It's gonna suck waiting till December 25th to PS5 on it! lol.

After all, in Philippines they already start celebrating Christmas in September so now with Halloween out of the way, I'm already starting to feel like getting into some Christmas jam with vidjagames and movies.

Of course, I won't go in full throttle until December but I was already thinking about playing some seasonal games. Maybe something that takes place during the winter, for starters. Like SSX for the PS3, or Steep for PS4. Then I could gradually move on to something that's more overtly in the spirit of the holidays, like Miles Morales, Arkham Origins, Dead Rising 4, or The Division.

So what's your favorite Christmas-themed gaming jam to get into as we approach the most wonderful time of the year?
whole lotta jammin' goin' on...

AGRacing

It's never too early my friend. All my fortnite gear has already been moved over to Christmas.

Drizzlehell

Banned
So I was stoked to see that Sony finally added the original Ratchet & Clank trilogy on PS Plus since I wanted to play those games since forever. I immediately fired up the first one and now I reached this level:

51r4HknSYQL._AC_SY350_.jpg

Aaahhh... this feels nice and festive. All that's missing are some Christmas lights on those trees but whatever, I'll take what I can.

What a fun game too. The lack of over-the-shoulder aiming is a bit of a pain in the ass but I can understand it since it's the first game in the series and it's 20 years old. But the rest of it holds up surprisingly well! I'm kinda blown away.

Top Bottom