• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

is metroid a girl?

Crayon said:
Because the N64 is garbage.

I mean....

Becasue briging established franchises to 3d for the first time was really difficult and Shigero Miyamoto himself handled the Mario and Zelda transistions.
...the fuck?

Play Super Mario 64 and Ocarina of Time.
they transitioned it just fine.

Crayon

Innotech said:

Honestly, my intention is not to hurt any of you.

If your could just kindly show me to my crucifix.

Goldeneye isn't that good. Oh, damn. That just kinda slipped out.

Woo-Fu

Banned
Taichu said:
Why are people drawing an obese Zero Suit Samus?? That's the real question here.

Reaction mass has to come from somewhere. Remember, in zero gravity it isn't how fat you are it, it is how much mass you have and how much of that mass can be used as propellant.

Innotech

Banned
Crayon said:
Honestly, my intention is not to hurt any of you.

If your could just kindly show me to my crucifix.

Goldeneye isn't that good. Oh, damn. That just kinda slipped out.
that part is true. the N64, however, was fucking amazing.

Crayon

TrueReligion said:
...the fuck?

Play Super Mario 64 and Ocarina of Time.
they transitioned it just fine.

Not only did they transition just fine, they wrote the book on how to do what they did when everyone else had falied over and over. They are also two of the best games ever made and my personal favorite.

Two great games. And there were several more great games in there. Damn it almost added up to a handful.

Crayon said:
Not only did they transition just fine, they wrote the book on how to do what they did when everyone else had falied over and over. They are also two of the best games ever made and my personal favorite.

Two great games. And there were several more great games in there. Damn it almost added up to a handful.
So, why is the N64 garbage, then?

CTLance

Tathanen said:
These Metroid comics are funny, but they don't make any sense. Is there a Space Pirate tube fetish in the Metroid games that I never noticed?
It's been answered already, but let me have my fun kthx?

Crayon

TrueReligion said:
So, why is the N64 garbage, then?

At the time: Because PSX was blowing us away with a huge variety of fresh new concepts and suprise instant classics when N64 had us waiting for the next franchise update. Some of which never came. (like Metroid(grl))

Today: Count the games that hold up against the PSX. It's embarassing.

That's really all I have to say about it. Altho, if we're going to derail a thread, it may as well be this one. :lol

Crayon

Innotech said:
it lacks a playstation logo

Oh hell no, son. I had tears in my eyes when I got that N64 and you better believe I WOSHIPPED the thing. Realizing is was a bum deal was a gradual proccess.

fernoca

Crayon said:
At the time: Because PSX was blowing me away with a huge variety of fresh new concepts and suprise instant classics when N64 had me waiting for the next franchise update. Some of which never came. (like Metroid(grl))

Today: Count the games that I like against the PSX. It's embarassing.

That's really all I have to say about it. Altho, if we're going to derail a thread, it may as well be this one. :lol
Fix'd, because is your opinion..
Yeah, the PlayStation had many great/amazing/awesome games..but what defines a classic game, changes from person to person..

Crayon

fernoca said:
Fix'd, because is your opinion..

Appreciated. It's the truth.

Everyone's free to get their panties in a bunch and ask me to prove soemething that I could not possibly prove. Or they could lighten up.

Crayon

Firestorm said:
This topic is obviously a joke, but such awesome comics all around.

What are you talking about? This kid stepped up and asked some tough questions.

He really opened up a dialogue that needed to happen. I mean... is Metroid a girl? Yknow? We should be able to talk about these things.

Innotech

Banned
Crayon said:
Appreciated. It's the truth.

Everyone's free to get their panties in a bunch and ask me to prove soemething that I could not possibly prove. Or they could lighten up.
Did it have Conkers bad fur day? Banjo Kazooie? Perfect Dark? Oh it didnt? Well shit.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
1203553403939.jpg

MisterHero

Crayon said:
Because the N64 is garbage.

I mean....

Becasue briging established franchises to 3d for the first time was really difficult and Shigero Miyamoto himself handled the Mario and Zelda transistions. Both boys, btw. Metroid (grl) was not origionally his own creation. Perhaps they never got around to it or couldn't find an appropriate person to direct it.

When an outside group of Americans was announced to be developing Prime on Gamecube. Many of us (bys an grls. mstly bys =.( ) When they said it was first person, alot of us killed each other and ourselves.

N64 can't handle that sort of drama. Cuz it's garbage.
you're garbage

can't even spell shigeru miyamoto

cuz you're garbage

you blasphemer

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
bjork said:
If you had a "keep off the grass" sign in your yard and someone's dog took a big hairy dump on your lawn, would you excuse the dog's behavior on account of it not knowing how to read english?
how do you know the dog can't read, and just hates your f-ing guts.

Innotech

Banned
scola said:
how do you know the dog can't read, and just hates your f-ing guts.
dogs dont hate. our animal friends never hate each other. True they sometimes tear each otherl imb from limb and eat their guts, but those are just cranky.

just tray

Banned
there should be a book called gaming for noobs. the back cover would read:

when is the final final fantasy really coming?

is metroid a girl?

what does the start button do?

are there really only 3 street fighters?

do my 360 games work on my ps3?

how do i unlock ken and ryu in tekken?

when is lego halo coming out, i bought a preorder from a guy on ebay

Blackhead

Redarse
Come to think of it, did GAF have a 'who would win: Samus Aran versus Master Chief' thread yet? Nothing is showing up in search...

Neo C.

Innotech said:
that part is true. the N64, however, was fucking amazing.
The N64 was great, but still: It's much harder to go back to the N64 than the SNES. While I don't mind low polys, I think the low framerate is a pain in the ass, and the fog is annoying in many games. To be fair, I can't go easily back to the PSX too. :p
Though I really like N64-games on the VC because of the upscaled resolution. Sin&Punishment looks nice.

CTLance

Tanned Greyface said:
Come to think of it, did GAF have a 'who would win: Samus Aran versus Master Chief' thread yet? Nothing is showing up in search...
This is neochan, not gamefaqs.

The question has been answered already anyway.
fvl0gm.jpg

Top Bottom