• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Is Pac-Man an organic or synthetic being?

So I'm chilling out at home, reading Twitter, and I idly grab the Pac-Man amiibo next to my bed whilst watching a YouTube video, and I just happen to notice how Pac-Man is represented her in a form that makes him seem almost... modular.

main.png

Check where his limbs connect with his body - the circular section on the outside of his body. Almost like plugs. This means they just pop right out, surely? In Smash (and I'm sure in other games) Pac-Man can switch between his pseduo-humanoid form and his "pizza slice" form at will, phasing his limbs and eyes in and out of existence.

Question is: what the fuck kind of creature is this? Surely no living thing can survive constant mutilation and regrowth, and I don't think modular organic beings are a thing. He's totally a robot.

"Oh, but Coldman, he needs to eat all the time!" OK, one: he just wants to eat all the time. He's Wario without the garlic. Two, machines need constant power!

Oh, one other thing: somehow there's still only just two of Pac-Man: him and Ms. Pac-Man. I posit that they're both totally synthetic beings with mechanical innards that convert pellets and whatever crazy electromagnetic phenomena the ghosts consist of (because have you ever tried eating a ghost? It's really hard.) into power, and with modular body structure that lets them shapeshift to a degree and speed no organic creature ever could.

To close off: yeah, they eat fruit. But they also eat keys.

Mellahan

Concerned about dinosaur erection.
He is beyond our earthly comprehension.

What do you think his skin feels like? I've always imagined it as very "matte"

21XX

Banned
I remember I used to hear about Neogaf on podcasts back in the day. They talked about it like it was some bastion for top-tier video game discussion and discourse. Years later, I finally join and find something... pretty different. Not bad different, necessarily. Just... pacman's-body-substance-questions-posted-by-knuckles-cartoon-avatar different. And yet it still has this weird, insular elitism to it. Huh.

Anyway, Pac Man is a ghost. That's the twist.

L Thammy

They have the baby at the end of Pac-Man!

Then he stars in his own game where he falls in love with the daughter of one of the ghosts.

What if Pac-Man is also a ghost, or some kind of supernatural creature that is sexually compatible with ghosts?
Also, is does that count as necrophilia?

Horseticuffs

Full werewolf off the buckle
According to the official joke book I had as a child he is a sentient cheesecake with a slice cut out that decided he wasn't going down like that when he watched his best friend Apple pie disappear piece by piece.

ethereal being. He occupies the realm of ghosts.

The guy eats ghosts. He is clearly some sort of spectre.

Solid answer. Explains why he can chance his appearance at will and interact with ghosts. He is not a solid being.

No, Pacman. You were the ghosts. And then Pacman was a ghost.

Maybe they wear sheets because their true ghostly form is too disgusting.

Top Bottom