• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Is Pac-Man an organic or synthetic being?

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
If he is organic, he is eating to sustain himself. If he is synthetic, he is collecting pellets for some other purpose, as if he were programmed to bring them to his creator for an unknown reason.

The answer to this question will reveal Pac-man's true nature. Is he merely providing for himself? Or is his endless "hunger" deeper than we were led to believe?

Boney

Banned
A synthetic machine couldn't get as pissed off as he does in Pac-Man 2.

pac-man-2-not-a-reasonable-thing-to-do-when-youre-angry.jpg

My life is a lie

If he is organic, he is eating to sustain himself. If he is synthetic, he is collecting pellets for some other purpose, as if he were programmed to bring them to his creator for an unknown reason.

The answer to this question will reveal Pac-man's true nature. Is he merely providing for himself? Or is his endless "hunger" deeper than we were led to believe?

What if the black background in every Pac-Man game is the blackness of space, and that Pac-Man is actually a sentient planet. The pellets are fuel and resources for the civilization that lives on his surface.

oh, also his facial expression is clearly some LED shit, seeing as his eyes are perfectly flat

his body probably just feels like a curved TV

Seik

Banned
Organic

Oh, one other thing: somehow there's still only just two of Pac-Man: him and Ms. Pac-Man. I posit that they're both totally synthetic beings with mechanical innards that convert pellets and whatever crazy electromagnetic phenomena the ghosts consist of (because have you ever tried eating a ghost? It's really hard.) into power, and with modular body structure that lets them shapeshift to a degree and speed no organic creature ever could.

Wrong, Pac people can reproduce, so they are organic! :D

pac-man-2-milk-ms-pac-man-pac-baby.png

Pac Man is the abbreviation for Pacemaker Man. The creator of Pac Man's father was the original recipient of the first pace maker. As tribute to his father's struggle, he created Pac Man.. The circle represents his father's life and how it's constantly haunted by the threat of heart failure (four ghosts=4 chambers of the heart). With enough energy (white balls) the pace maker is able to operate at peak efficiency and chase off death.

DrBretto

Banned
88464_0.jpg

I'm gonna go with an organic central body, but with modular prosthetic limbs.

WHAT IS THAT AND HOW DO YOU KILL IT!

As for the topic: IMO, Pac Man is just capable of manipulating dimensions. Take a 2D cutout of him right down the center, you lose the limbs and you get a floating 2D Pac Man head.

I declare this canon.

Nicky Ali

Fuck-Man is just an impostor; a failed clone of the original Pac-Man. At one point in the lore there may have been an organic Pac-Man, but he was taken, pulled apart and then thrown away so they could make an army of Pac-Clones. But who are "they"? Could it be the ghosts? Pac-Man World has shown that they are actually capable of using advanced technology. This may be a case of clones rising against their creators.

Yup. Just speaking about the conception of the original Pac-Man. He is a "man" most likely haunted by crew members he abandoned on a top secret space station. And lots of drugs.

Due to technical limitations, the game's graphics couldn't convey this very well. Similar to the "wizard" in Centepede or the "hero" in the 2600's Adventure, who was essentially a yellow square who wielded an arrow-like sword.

Pac-Man + Hormone Replacement Therapy = Ms. Pac-Man. Has to be organic, for a transgender Game character (wasn't Ms.Pac-man a "modification" of the original board?)

Ok, I admit it. Maybe I have had far too many beers today.

Nicky Ali

Fuck-Man is just an impostor; a failed clone of the original Pac-Man. At one point in the lore there may have been an organic Pac-Man, but he was taken, pulled apart and then thrown away so they could make an army of Pac-Clones. But who are "they"? Could it be the ghosts? Pac-Man World has shown that they are actually capable of using advanced technology. This may be a case of clones rising against their creators.

Adding to this theory with a timeline of key events:

Pac-In-Time - In this we see the wastelands that the real Pac-Man inhabited during his youth. He's the only one of his kind - no other Pac-people to be found. In his vulnerable state, the ghosts took advantage of Pac-Man and sampled his DNA to create an army of clones. (This Pac-Man is clearly different from the others as he displays abilities that couldn't be replicated in the cloning process, such as fire-breathing)
Pac-Man Classic - This is where the uprising started. The original Pac-Man is long dead and it's now all out war between the clones and ghosts. The future of this world is being determined.
Pac-Man World - By this point it's clear that the clones won the war and the Pac-Clones have formed a civilization; forcing the ghosts to retreat to a state of solitude, living life in the shadows.

I had a theory all worked out about how Pac-Man is a robot on a space station and he he has to eat the pellets to run (they're called POWER Pellets, hello) but since ghosts are made of some kind of electromagnet ectoplasm he runs in fear of them because they'll fuck up his circuits, unless he eats the special Power Pellet that upgrades his EMP shielding so he can trap the ghosts, but then EmCeeGramr had to go and post this

and completely fuck up everything and turn my entire world up-side-down.

He is beyond our earthly comprehension.

What do you think his skin feels like? I've always imagined it as very "matte"

I figure it feels like smooth plastic, like those really big rubber balls they sell at Walmart and Target. Rub your hand over his face and it'll make that low squeaking sound.

I love this shirt so much and I'm so sad I'm too fat to wear mine anymore.

Krejlooc

Banned
Adding to this theory with a timeline of key events:

Pac-In-Time - In this we see the wastelands that the real Pac-Man inhabited during his youth. He's the only one of his kind - no other Pac-people to be found. In his vulnerable state, the ghosts took advantage of Pac-Man and sampled his DNA to create an army of clones. (This Pac-Man is clearly different from the others as he displays abilities that couldn't be replicated in the cloning process, such as fire-breathing)

Pac-In-Time aint canon. Pac-in-Time is a doki-doki panic. It was originally called Fury of the Furries.

Top Bottom