• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Is there no way to play Twisted Metal (2012) anymore without a PS3?

I got the itch to play this game again and I almost signed up for Playstation Now because I remember seeing it listed in the library but after looking, its now gone? I have the disc copy but I would need to dig out my PS3 again. Is it really not possible to play this game today without playing it on PS3?

I thought it was on PS Now, dunno about server status. That is, and will be, the story for most PS3-era games without a developer reprogramming their games on PS4 or PS5 SDK.

Cravis

Sadly the custom car skins are no longer usable since they were tied to the server.

Loved some of the skins

C2YwbEn.jpg

qVmQiXU.jpg

Matchew

It is worth hooking up your ps3 again to play Twisted Metal. Such a fun game that would be a really good free-to-play game if they brought it back.

MiguelItUp

Guessing it just has some weird ties to licensing or something? Really bizarre that they'd totally pull it. Especially since TM Black is still there.

Cravis

I wonder why. Theres no licensed music or anything in there. Seems like a strange removal since TM Black is still on the store and playable on PS5.
Just of the top of my head it’s got I Can’t Drive 55 by Sammy Hagar.

Then again Black is up and it’s got licensed music with Paint It Black by The Rolling Stones so who knows 🤷‍♂️

Top Bottom