• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Is your avatar a bunch of crappy text? The thread to fix that lives again!

BooJoh said:
Yeah. For example, a 50x100 image would display as 90x180 and be in violation of the rules.

Ah, gotcha. I noticed that the avatar for AnIco is 30x52, breaking the ratio.

habboj.gif

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
I don't understand why it's so hard to just stick to 90x120 dimensions. Anigifs I can understand, but jpgs?

xero273

UnblessedSoul said:
Is my avatar fine? I tried following that guide

no, it's 90x132. If you are on IE, you can check it by right clicking on your avatar. select properties and you'll see image size.

Cornbread78

firepeeman.jpg

Does anyone know how to shorten the left and right sides of the left pic in paint just a little bit, so it meets the 90W reg.

@ Cornbread
In your case I believe your avatar will resize on its own to 90 x 79 pixels. which is okay. If I'm understanding the rules correctly, its the aspect of the picture thats really the issue. It has to be 9:12 (portrait style) or more 'square'. Any more 'rectangle' and you're in trouble.

Zoe

thetrin said:
I don't understand why it's so hard to just stick to 90x120 dimensions. Anigifs I can understand, but jpgs?

Many people just don't bother--hence all the humongous avatars that look like crap when they get automatically scaled down.

Guv_Bubbs

Banned
How is mine?
I had some trouble awhile ago but then I fixed it.
So an admin put my avatar back but did not give back my rights to change it. (I believe, it may have changed since)

LordAlu

Willy105 said:
Is mine fine? Or should I do something about it?
"80px × 80px (scaled to 90px × 90px)" - It's fine.

Guv_Bubbs said:
How is mine?
I had some trouble awhile ago but then I fixed it.
So an admin put my avatar back but did not give back my rights to change it. (I believe, it may have changed since)
"90px × 120px" - Yours is fine too.

Eurocult

alr1ghtstart said:
this isn't rocket science

you're right it's not. Just a junior hoping to not screw up over something so simple is all. Even though I was just over by one pixel, a slight adjustment fixed mine.

Interesting that you can't right click and check size using the Chrome browser. I double checked in Firefox.

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
Thunder Monkey said:
The voices told me I was being paranoid.
Well, my voices said that I wasn't interesting enough and ran off with a dead badger. :(

Anyway, aside from the juniors struggling, I see more people pushing the size limits using gifs rather than physical size nowadays, maybe I should stop checking every gif avatar when I see them.

Edit: And yes, I have a new avatar to celebrate the launch of Arcanum on GOG.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
I asked in the other thread, but could someone please fix my previous avy? It was always small. Thanks. :D

futuramafry.gif

alr1ghtstart said:
this isn't rocket science

In Firefox 3.5.7 you have to click "Properties" after right-clicking the image, there is no "View Image Info" option.

Still not rocket science, just figured I'd point it out :D

edit: regs, sinxtanx, sinny, your avatars are fine. But really it's not hard to check yourself.

You might want to change the message subject to be all caps. A lot of people ignore the stickies.

Most people probably violate this. That 90 pixel dimension is pretty small . . . I had to shave down my already pretty small avatar.

There is going to be a lot of bannings or loss of avatar privileges.

Jangaroo

Always the tag bridesmaid, never the tag bride.
Eurocult said:
you're right it's not. Just a junior hoping to not screw up over something so simple is all. Even though I was just over by one pixel, a slight adjustment fixed mine.

Interesting that you can't right click and check size using the Chrome browser. I double checked in Firefox.
You can check a file size and dimensions using Chrome. Right click --> Inspect Element --> Metrics. You aren't looking hard enough.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
jrricky said:
So how about letting me be able to have an avatar,pretty please?
Next time read the thread title and do what it says before you ask a question.

Top Bottom