• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ISRO Chandrayaan 2 Moon Landing LIVE / ISRO loses contact with lander minutes before scheduled landing

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
If you mean incompleteness in the sense that all the space agencies are reluctant to film in space then yes.
You don't need space agencies to prove the Earth is round. All you need is two sticks, a friend, a telephone, and an understanding of trigonometry.

Or a telescope and a plane ticket to Australia.

greyshark

I don’t believe it like someone may believe in Jesus, that might be a better way of saying it.

Gotcha - so the answer to both my questions is yes?

Our current understanding of why the Earth revolves around the Sun is due to gravity, why do you think the heliocentric model is true if you have doubts about gravity?

Weilthain

Banned
Gotcha - so the answer to both my questions is yes?

Our current understanding of why the Earth revolves around the Sun is due to gravity, why do you think the heliocentric model is true if you have doubts about gravity?

It’s a working model that communicates well our perceived reality but I don’t believe that is what is actually going on.

Weilthain

Banned

Well it’s back full circle to the fake moon landings. If they aren’t even going to film current day moon missions I can’t even compare anything. I need to have faith they aren’t just lying.

The India mission was entirely cgi animations. As was Israel’s except one photo which I guess proves they went. It’s just not good enough for me. Why anyone simply believes them on good faith alone is beyond me.

greyshark

Well it’s back full circle to the fake moon landings. If they aren’t even going to film current day moon missions I can’t even compare anything. I need to have faith they aren’t just lying.

The India mission was entirely cgi animations. As was Israel’s except one photo which I guess proves they went. It’s just not good enough for me. Why anyone simply believes them on good faith alone is beyond me.

What do the faked moon landings have to do with gravity? You’ve said that you think the Earth revolves around the sun, but don’t believe gravity is an accurate representation of what’s really going on. Why do you think that?

Last edited:

Weilthain

Banned
What does the faked moon landings have to do with gravity? You’ve said that you think the Earth revolves around the sun, but don’t believe gravity is an accurate representation of what’s really going on. Why do you think that?

I’ve said I understand the heliocentric model but don’t necessarily believe it to be what is actually going on.

I’m not saying I think the earth revolves around the sun but gravity doesn’t exist.

Geez, I think the earth might be flat, I’m not an idiot.
i feel I need to point out that was a joke, before Thaedolus Thaedolus ‘s jaw hits the ground again. I don’t want to cause an injury

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
I’ve said I understand the heliocentric model but don’t necessarily believe it to be what is actually going on.

I’m not saying I think the earth revolves around the sun but gravity doesn’t exist.

But the bolded is what you said. You said you think the Earth revolves around the sun "AND" gravity doesn't exist.

Weilthain

Banned
But the bolded is what you said. You said you think the Earth revolves around the sun "AND" gravity doesn't exist.

I said I don’t believe the earth revolves around the sun.

But if it does, gravity is real because that explains how the earth spins around the sun.

Thaedolus

Well this thread has fizzled out now but the moon is still out there, waiting to be filmed again some day.

So here is a tune about the moon I made years ago.

I don't know if I believe in sound waves but found playing this youtube link to be pleasing to my ears. :p

Last edited:

mckmas8808

I said I don’t believe the earth revolves around the sun.

But if it does, gravity is real because that explains how the earth spins around the sun.

But like.......huh? How would you explain why we have different seasons (ie Spring, Summer, Winter, and Fall) throughout the year "without" the Earth going around the sun?

Last edited:

Joyful

seasons are cause the Earth is tilted at an angle slightly from the sun. just another of the many factors that makes true earthlike planets rare I imagine.like there are planets like Earth but do they have seasons and a kick-ass moon protecting them and causing tides, probably not.

anyway an easy way to prove the Earth is round is to have eyeballs. if you can see a horizon then that implies a curve. otherwise u would see further dummy

Last edited:

Weilthain

Banned
seasons are cause the Earth is tilted at an angle slightly from the sun. just another of the many factors that makes true earthlike planets rare I imagine.like there are planets like Earth but do they have seasons and a kick-ass moon protecting them and causing tides, probably not.

anyway an easy way to prove the Earth is round is to have eyeballs. if you can see a horizon then that implies a curve. otherwise u would see further dummy
You might want to look into horizon and perspective a bit more. You may learn something.

Last edited:

mckmas8808

Yep, but also because the Earth is traveling around the Sun every 365 days.

Weilthain

Banned
I think it’s weird that the moon and sun appear the same size in the sky but really the sun is 400 times bigger, and coincidentally 400 times further away making them only appear to be the same size.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Getting back to this too, do you not trust the Chinese footage of their moon landing?

Weilthain

Banned
Maybe, but there's little evidence for that. There is, however, lots of evidence that the Earth revolves around the sun. Are you familiar with the stories of Copernicus and Galileo, among others, and how they came to observe the evidence for this?
Yea apparently they were all high ranking Freemasons and they are all in on it.

I don’t buy the Chinese footage. I think it’s funny how all these current day missions are on the unobservable side of the moon and the South Pole. They are sneaky.

I got a new jumper today

hje0pyr.jpg

it stands for not a space agency

Last edited:

mckmas8808

Maybe, but there's little evidence for that. There is, however, lots of evidence that the Earth revolves around the sun. Are you familiar with the stories of Copernicus and Galileo, among others, and how they came to observe the evidence for this?

There's no maybe lol. The sun just doesn't revolve around the Earth.

Oh thank god. There's still new posts full of stupid being made for me to laugh my ass off.

Edit: It's unfortunate that India's probe lost contact and did a cannon ball onto the moon. I'm sure there's a lot of data gathered that will be useful to make their second attempt go much more smoothly. If there was any idiotic and foolish cost cutting done on critical components...actually every single piece of a probe bound for space. If there was any cost cutting was dumb to save money and use inferior components and parts, it's their own fault for doing so and fucking up the project and causing it to fail.

India better be smart, spare no expense and use the best tech and parts possible and make the chances of failure as small as possible.

Last edited:

Weilthain

Banned
I agree I hope they keep the data for future reference unlike nasa.

Next time they will totally land, and the camera on the robot inside will get to come out and show us things we can’t observe ourselves. You just have to believe!
6OqFgf9.jpg

Moon is out this morning, so beautiful.

Last edited:

greyshark

Here’s some more real footage.

You can tell it’s real because it looks so fake.

It's nice that you keep posting examples of things you don't believe, but you have yet to post any statements of what you actually believe to be true. While it's well within your rights to be skeptical about ideas, continually stating everything is BS is not a very interesting way to converse.

Weilthain

Banned
It's nice that you keep posting examples of things you don't believe, but you have yet to post any statements of what you actually believe to be true. While it's well within your rights to be skeptical about ideas, continually stating everything is BS is not a very interesting way to converse.
It’s implied that I don’t know or don’t believe anything. I’m open to all sorts of stuff but that horse shit video is too much.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Believe me I would have the best telescope money could buy if I lived in a place with clearer weather.
Sounds more like an excuse to not want to find the truth. You are open to the truth, you claim to say, but will not take even the most simple of steps to conduct easy observations or calculations to figure it out for yourself. These are the words of a knowledge seeker, but the actions of someone with his head buried in the sand.

It’s implied that I don’t know or don’t believe anything. I’m open to all sorts of stuff but that horse shit video is too much.
That second sentence is a contradiction. How can you be so open, yet dismiss a video based on your own knowledge base which is insufficient in expertise? You are confirming your own biases based not on evidence, but your feelings.

The video looks real to me. That's what the moon looks like.

Weilthain

Banned
Sounds more like an excuse to not want to find the truth. You are open to the truth, you claim to say, but will not take even the most simple of steps to conduct easy observations or calculations to figure it out for yourself. These are the words of a knowledge seeker, but the actions of someone with his head buried in the sand.

That second sentence is a contradiction. How can you be so open, yet dismiss a video based on your own knowledge base which is insufficient in expertise? You are confirming your own biases based not on evidence, but your feelings.

The video looks real to me. That's what the moon looks like.

Are you trying to confuse me?

Its a belief thing. I was taught the same things as you and I understand the same things a you, I just don’t believe/ accept them as the definitive proof.

Especially when they don’t film in deep space since 1972.

Last edited:

Weilthain

Banned
Uhh, no. What do you mean? I don't think there's anything confusing about what I wrote. It seems like a clear response to what you said.

But I can clarify if there's something that's confusing you.
YOur going to have to excuse me just now it’s beer time I Edited

Edit : fuck me

Last edited:

greyshark

I am not intending to imply that you don't know or don't believe anything - you just haven't shared with us what you do know or believe. And if you're unwilling to do that (while at the same time continuing to post things you don't believe), where is the opportunity for productive discussion?

Weilthain

Banned
I am not intending to imply that you don't know or don't believe anything - you just haven't shared with us what you do know or believe. And if you're unwilling to do that (while at the same time continuing to post things you don't believe), where is the opportunity for productive discussion?

What more do you want me to say? I think the earth may be flat, space travel as we know it is all just a big hoax, secret societies control the world etc.

I think there might be a creator, I don’t think the Big Bang theory is the true origin story of the universe. I don’t necessarily believe in evolution and the history of the human race as taught to us. I think a lot of our history is just fake/rewritten.

Not sure if I believe in aliens, I heard some weird stuff about aliens.

Last edited:

Weilthain

Banned
In your own opinion, what do you think your reaction is when we challenge your world view?
I like seeing what other people think. Mostly I laugh, the best responses are the people that to me, seem like they haven’t really thought about it much before and are doing so for the first time.

That’s really fun to read because they are having to ask themselves questions. They usually just call me dumb or whatever that’s ok we are all someone’s child I don’t let it bother me.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
I like seeing what other people think. Mostly I laugh, the best responses are the people that to me, seem like they haven’t really thought about it much before and are doing so for the first time.

That’s really fun to read because they are having to ask themselves questions. They usually just call me dumb or whatever that’s ok we are all someone’s child I don’t let it bother me.
Okay, but what about having your world view challenged, specifically?

Top Bottom