• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

It All Began With... Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep |OT|

Jerk

Banned
Mr_Brit said:
How hard are these reports to collect and is the final chapter a proper sized experience or is it literally just a throwaway 2 minute cutscene epilogue that I can watch on youtube instead?

Played the game on GBA and thought it was terrible, nearly put me off the whole series.

Then finish BBS and be happy that you have played the best (only good?) KH game.

Also, the reports are really easy to get; nothing that necessitate you running around and hunting for shit.

Jigsaw said:
it's just as terrible on ps2,but the cutscenes are awesome and reverse rebirth is infinitely better

I suppose....

It probably has the least-shitty in the series though.

Jigsaw

Banned
Jerk 2.0 said:
I suppose....

It probably has the least-shitty in the series though.

the whole random aspect of the game sucks,you get through the worlds without problems and out of nowhere comes a boss and kicks your ass with 8 or 9 value cards which you can't do shit against because you only could find/buy value cards of 6 or 7

also,spamming nothing than sonic blade and 0 cards during the last half of the game isn't fun at all...it's the only kh i played on beginner and even that was frustrating as hell

Jerk

Banned
Jigsaw said:
the whole random aspect of the game sucks,you get through the worlds without problems and out of nowhere comes a boss and kicks your ass with 8 or 9 value cards which you can't do shit against because you only could find/buy value cards of 6 or 7

also,spamming nothing than sonic blade and 0 cards during the last half of the game isn't fun at all...it's the only kh i played on beginner and even that was frustrating as hell

I really had no issues with the game and actually thought it to be a bit too easy. I suppose if you found it too difficult, that experience would color your view of it.

Fuu said:
Dude, I know it's nothing major but spoiler tags, there are even some that are playing through all the games right now. I for one was surprised by
the game having a scene that happens after KH2 in the secret video
and I liked not knowing it would be there.

Fixed.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Fimbulvetr said:
Thanks. About what you said,
I also thought it was weak that she was ok with being left behind, she can use a keyblade too after all. Maybe it has to do with the request in the letter and Riku isn't going either? Or maybe she just wants to go back to studying and doesn't care that much about this saving the worlds business, lol.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Boy, RemoteJoyLite really blows with this game. At first it was just crashing the game if I went to save with the cable plugged in, but after a few more worlds, now it's crashing the game if I go to save with the plugin enabled at all :/

Fuu said:
I also thought it was weak that she was ok with being left behind, she can use a keyblade too after all. Maybe it has to do with the request in the letter and Riku isn't going either? Or maybe she just wants to go back to studying and doesn't care that much about this saving the worlds business, lol.

Seriously.

Also, notice that
the Oathkeeper she gave him is slightly different from the first one.

quick question: do all characters level up at the same time or do they expect you to grind for each character? I'm playing as Terra first and doing all this crap again for the other two would suck.

Fuu said:

I don't think this is much of a spoiler but
isn't the letter just detailing what Mickey wants you to do in Coded? I don't think Riku shows up in that game but I could be wrong.

Stumpokapow said:
Boy, RemoteJoyLite really blows with this game. At first it was just crashing the game if I went to save with the cable plugged in, but after a few more worlds, now it's crashing the game if I go to save with the plugin enabled at all :/

Hasn't been a problem for me.

Jerk

Banned
Linkzg said:
quick question: do all characters level up at the same time or do they expect you to grind for each character? I'm playing as Terra first and doing all this crap again for the other two would suck.

Separately.

Just play the game normally and you should have no problems.

Terra's final boss is the only one that may require grinding based on difficulty, your deck and how good you are.

cosmicblizzard said:
I don't think this is much of a spoiler but
isn't the letter just detailing what Mickey wants you to do in Coded? I don't think Riku shows up in that game but I could be wrong.

I'm pretty sure that
Coded happens before that scene and the events of that game are what cause him to write the letter. If you're wondering; everyone in that game save for Mickey, Donald, Goofy, and Jiminy are data copies made from Jiminy's Journal.

Linkzg said:

You should never have to grind in this game.

They even had the courtesy to provide a few of each character's ultimate skills in treasure chests and the sticker collection.

Phenomic

Jerk 2.0 said:
Separately.

Terra's final boss is the only one that may require grinding based on difficulty, your deck and how good you are.

So you're saying that Aqua's and Ventus's final bosses are easier? I'm on proud and for the life of me I can't even get remotely close to killing Terra's final boss. I'm level 32 on everyone. I don't really want to grind all that much more so then I have I'm getting to the point where this game needs to be finished. Loved it but I've got more things to beat and even more stuff is coming out within like two weeks.

JWong

Banned
Jerk 2.0 said:
Separately.

Hmmm that may be good for me. I grinded heavily on Terra trying to collect everything, but when it came down to the ice cream part, I gave up and finished his story.

Glad to hear that it won't be bad on Ven and Aqua because Terra's last boss was pretty tough if I wasn't high level.

Fimbulvetr said:
I'm pretty sure that
Coded happens before that scene and the evnts of that game are what cause him to right the letter. If you're wondering; everyone in that game save for Micker, Donald, Goofy, and Jiminy are data copies made from Jiminy's Journal.

Well that makes a lot more sense. I'm really curious to see how that will transition into KH3D and why Sora and Riku have their KH1 designs.

Jerk

Banned
Fimbulvetr said:
You should never have to grind in this game.

True.

Hell, I think I only ever used an item once, and that was only to check to see if they were consumables.

Though in retrospect, one or two battles would have been much less frustrating had I been using them.

Jerk 2.0 said:
Separately.

yeah, that's a pain in the ass. It's more of taking away useful abilities I've been building up.

hopefully each person's story is short and it isn't as much of a pain as it seems.

cosmicblizzard said:
Well that makes a lot more sense. I'm really curious to see how that will transition into KH3D and why Sora and Riku have their KH1 designs.
Twist: KH3D Riku is actually a clone of Sora, KH3D Sora is a clone of Riku.

Phenomic

Maybe someone could answer about Melding Commands. How come I can only meld certain commands that I have almost at random. At first I thought they had to be max leveled to meld but now I'm trying to create
Renewal Block and both Curaga and Block are not usable to meld despite them both being max level and the two things needed to craft the upgrade

Phenomic said:
Maybe someone could answer about Melding Commands. How come I can only meld certain commands that I have almost at random. At first I thought they had to be max leveled to meld but now I'm trying to create
Renewal Block and both Curaga and Block are not usable to meld despite them both being max level and the two things needed to craft the upgrade

I have that same problem when I'm trying to create Action Commands(I.E. I have the right components but the game won't let me). Maybe you need something before you can fuse those. :/

Edit: According to the internet you need a copy of an action command before you can meld it. So just buy one from a moogle I guess.

Peff

Phenomic said:

For Action Commands to be melded, you need to have two units of the one you want to meld. Fortunately you don't need to level those up at all, so just buy another in any moguri shop.

Phenomic

Hmm I guess that makes sense given it actually worked. Where is a good place to level up abilities to help make other abilities? I need like Second Chance, Once More a few other things I think would help.

Edit : Thinking about the worst part of this game. I hate Melding Commands. It really just to me defeats the purpose of fun in leveling abilities for me. I take the time to find spells which some you don't come by very often or I spend precious money to buy one. Why in gods name would I level up two Blizzara's for someone like Terra, I never used magic on him at all. He wasn't suppose to be the mage in the game. Now I have little Munny and I have to go find two copies of the spell from random enemies, level them up which alas doesn't take that long luckily but then I have to destroy them and I can't use them later.

Phenomic said:
Hmm I guess that makes sense given it actually worked. Where is a good place to level up abilities to help make other abilities? I need like Second Chance, Once More a few other things I think would help.

The big round room in Deep Space does well for me...

Jigsaw

Banned
Phenomic said:

peter pan's hideout is the best place imo,it takes like 5 seconds to clear the room

Tranced Shadow said:
The big round room in Deep Space does well for me...

Actually the Docking Bay/Launch Bay whatever with the giant grate works best since the jelly-fish like enemy gives massive growth bonuses.

If you're Terra then the cave on Skullrock Island(Never Land) is best.

JWong

Banned
Phenomic said:
So you're saying that Aqua's and Ventus's final bosses are easier? I'm on proud and for the life of me I can't even get remotely close to killing Terra's final boss. I'm level 32 on everyone. I don't really want to grind all that much more so then I have I'm getting to the point where this game needs to be finished. Loved it but I've got more things to beat and even more stuff is coming out within like two weeks.
Level 47 with 2 curaga's.

I found Sonic Blade to be the best against him. I had 4 Sonic Blades.

Phenomic

JWong said:
Level 47 with 2 curaga's.

I found Sonic Blade to be the best against him. I had 4 Sonic Blades.

You're kidding right? I have to grind almost 20 levels to beat this game? Yeah, I'm fairly sure I'm not going to finish it then.

Peff

Phenomic said:
You're kidding right? I have to grind almost 20 levels to beat this game? Yeah, I'm fairly sure I'm not going to finish it then.

No you don't, at all. The final boss is easily beatable at around level 30. You only need two commands if you are melding a red command, the blue ones only need to be (nearly) maxed out. For that boss, it's mostly about dodging him well, but Ars Solum is a good help. Search around Neverland while you have some new commands equipped and find the treasure chest that has it.

Phenomic

Peff said:
No you don't, at all. The final boss is easily beatable at around level 30. You only need two commands if you are melding a red command, the blue ones only need to be maxed out. For that boss, it's mostly about dodging him well, but Ars Solum is a good help. Search around Neverland while you have some new commands equipped and find the treasure chest that has it.

I've actually got that spell and everytime I try to use it he just interrupts me and I die. It goes good damage but well. I dunno now I can at least get him half way but the meteors just one shot me not sure how to dodge them. There was one time I actually managed to get past them but then he used something else when I was far away from him and he also one shot me lol.

Peff

Phenomic said:
I've actually got that spell and everytime I try to use it he just interrupts me and I die. It goes good damage but well. I dunno now I can at least get him half way but the meteors just one shot me not sure how to dodge them.

Are you using the Shotlocks? You are completely invulnerable during those, so if you choose one that is easy to use like Flame Salvo you should be able to both dodge and deal a lot of damage.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Good news everyone, the RemoteJoyLite saving crashes are fixed in version 0.20a. I was using version 0.19.

Random shots from Aqua's campaign, I don't feel any of these are "spoilerish":

Aqua-1.png
Aqua-2.png

Aqua-3.png
Aqua-4.png

Aqua-5.png
Aqua-6.png

Aqua-7.png
Aqua-8.png

Aqua-9.png
Aqua-10.png

Phenomic

Peff said:
Are you using the Shotlocks? You are completely invulnerable during those, so if you choose one that is easy to use like Flame Salvo you should be able to both dodge and deal a lot of damage.

You can't shotlock during meteors, he teleports and it breaks the connection, that or I just am terrible at doing it.

Peff

Phenomic said:
You can't shotlock during meteors, he teleports and it breaks the connection, that or I just am terrible at doing it.

Hm, you have a bit of time to get a few target marks before he teleports, those can probably keep you alive. Second Chance, Once More and Renewal Block are definitely helpful too. Also, yeah, this is the boss most people have trouble with out of the three stories.

Phenomic

Peff said:
Hm, you have a bit of time to get a few target marks before he teleports, those can probably keep you alive. Second Chance, Once More and Renewal Block are definitely helpful too. Also, yeah, this is the boss most people have trouble with out of the three stories.

Yeah I think I'm going to have to get Second Chance and Once More just will take some grinding, doing it once is fine but then I have to do it with Ventus as well. Not sure how easy it is to get some of the stuff to drop off those elemental enemies since I don't really want to blow all my money on unnecessary things. It's funny because he's honestly not really that hard to kill it seems. Damage dealt to him comes pretty easy there's just a few moves where you get in one bad spot and you're instantly dead and I currently have no way to remedy it.

It's these damn meteors I have literally no way to avoid them.

JWong

Banned
Phenomic said:
Haha, sorry I didn't make it clear. I was at the point where it was easy for me to beat him in one try.

Phenomic

JWong said:
Haha, sorry I didn't make it clear. I was at the point where it was easy for me to beat him in one try.

You should just give me your clear file. Really irks me right now that I don't have the time until Tuesday to get what I need to beat him and kick his ass.

Ezalc

I'm on Aqua's story right now, I finished the other two. And I'm level 21 I think. I'm going against vanitas in peter pan's world. I'm probably going to grind only to get the cool skills and etc. Either way, I gotta say I loved seeing Zack in all the stories since I like him a million times more than cloud. Also Zack gets all the bitches, first Aerith and Tifa then Aqua. Just sayin' but damn man, dude has game.

a1j2h5

Neo Member
Finished Terra's and Aqua's story.
Just starting out Ven's.
I like how well completing every character story makes the overall story so much better! :D

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
cosmicblizzard said:
Strange. I was using 0.19 as well and didn't have any problems.

I was using 0.19 on a PSP-1000 (the only other plugin enabled was Screenshots), and the game hung the PSP at any save point. Switching to 0.20, problem solved! :D

Ken Masters said:
is this coming to ps2 or ps3? if so I'll just wait

Nothing is coming to PS2, and no it isn't coming to PS3. They've also already announced a 3DS Kingdom Hearts and it isn't this game, so it's not going to be ported there. If you want to play this game, here's the place to play it.

Stumpokapow said:
I was using 0.19 on a PSP-1000 (the only other plugin enabled was Screenshots), and the game hung the PSP at any save point. Switching to 0.20, problem solved! :D

Ah, okay. I have a 2000 so that could be it.

I just made all of those upgraded action commands.

Fire Wheel was awesome. I also got Renewal Barrier, Ice Slide, and Homing slide but then the PSP nub decided to break. So now I have to wait until I get a new one in the mail before I can play again. :/

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
cosmicblizzard said:
Ah, okay. I have a 2000 so that could be it.

I noticed that the v0.20 changelog included a "lower memory usage" thing. Could it be that BBS + the operating system memory usage from the OS save game prompt + the plugins caused the PSP to crash from lack of memory? That'd explain why the crash doesn't occur on the 2000 (extra memory) and why it's solved by v0.20 (lower memory usage), as well as why the crash didn't initially occur for me on the world map (potentially different assets or memory usage versus the in-game levels)?

I'd be interested in seeing if anyone else could replicate my crashes. Anyway, enough derailing the thread, yay for stupid video games!

Peff

Stumpokapow said:
I noticed that the v0.20 changelog included a "lower memory usage" thing. Could it be that BBS + the operating system memory usage from the OS save game prompt + the plugins caused the PSP to crash from lack of memory? That'd explain why the crash doesn't occur on the 2000 (extra memory) and why it's solved by v0.20 (lower memory usage), as well as why the crash didn't initially occur for me on the world map (potentially different assets or memory usage versus the in-game levels)?

I'd be interested in seeing if anyone else could replicate my crashes. Anyway, enough derailing the thread, yay for stupid video games!

I've been getting some screenshots too with a 1000/0.19 and yep, every time I went to save with RemoteJoyLite on the game would freeze before even loading the images for the save files. I'll have to try 0.20.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Peff said:
I've been getting some screenshots too with a 1000/0.19 and yep, every time I went to save with RemoteJoyLite on the game would freeze before even loading the images for the save files. I'll have to try 0.20.

Make sure when you upgrade to 0.20 that you remember to replace both the executable in Windows and the PRX on the PSP, you can't mix and match versions.

Top Bottom