• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

It is fucking bonkers to me that there wasn't a special edition PS5 for Final Fantasy VII

jcorb

Like, is this not like the holy grail of Playstation RPG's? Releasing on Feb 29th, as well?

Jesus, it was such an obvious marketing opportunity. How the hell did they not jump on this? Hell, you could have just thrown the "meteor" logo on the controller, and maybe some vague "lifestream" design on the system, and called it a day.

Insanity. Pure insanity.

Celcius

°Temp. member
I was just thinking this the other day.
Same for FF16 as well.
Seems like Sony doesn’t do NEARLY as many special edition consoles as they used to. Is the spider man one the only ps5 special edition they’ve done?

jcorb

I would think particularly for FF7 diehard fans, I owned a PS4 so I obviously got part 1 (Remake). But there hasn't really been a "system-seller" sort of game on PS5 for me yet, but FF7 Rebirth definitely has me on the lookout for any good deals.

A special edition would have been an instant sale at full price.

Beer Baelly

Al Pachinko, Konami President
Final-Fantasy-Style-Xbox-Series-X-Skin-Sticker-for-Console-2-Controllers-Decal-Vinyl-Protective-Skins.jpg

Zathalus

PS5 special editions have been non existent basically. There is the Spider-Man 2 one and that's it?

Only a LE PS5 Niche-Man 2 edition and that’s it, and the extra plates and LE controller increased the price.

Why doing LE consoles when they can sell special edition faceplates for extra money?

PSYGN

I was just thinking this the other day.
Same for FF16 as well.
Seems like Sony doesn’t do NEARLY as many special edition consoles as they used to. Is the spider man one the only ps5 special edition they’ve done?

Sony has a huge hard on for Spiderman for some reason

cash_longfellow

Gold Member
Like, is this not like the holy grail of Playstation RPG's? Releasing on Feb 29th, as well?

Jesus, it was such an obvious marketing opportunity. How the hell did they not jump on this? Hell, you could have just thrown the "meteor" logo on the controller, and maybe some vague "lifestream" design on the system, and called it a day.

Insanity. Pure insanity.
PMdRLcf.jpg

//DEVIL//

I was debating if I should get the ps5 spider man edition or the slim last year.

Fucking dodged a bullet with that pos slim . At least my ps5 has value if I to resell it

Last edited:

jcorb

I was debating if I should get the ps5 spider man edition or the slim last year.

Fucking dodged a bullet with that pos slim . At least my ps5 has value if I to resell it

I haven't picked up a PS5 yet, so I've not really been paying much attention. Are the "slim" models worse in some regard?

RCU005

What's crazy is that this is the most customizable PlayStation EVER! and there has only been ONE special edition (Spider Man 2). Why hasn't Sony released more?

This gen is crazy and sucks so much in many ways.

Well then we can assume they wouldn't expect to make money off of it?

The times are a-changing, unfortunately.

Last edited:

xrnzaaas

My guess is that Sony wants all the money to themselves and since this is a third party exclusive they would have to share the profits.

Top Bottom