• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

It;s Time For...Nutella Ice Cream!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marvel

could never
NO

WHY WAS HORSE BANNED.

There is no justice. Damn.

Yeah seeing his old funny posts is making me sad. Don't see anything worth banning him for in his history. Unless he was in a PM war or something lol.

Oh and fucking YUM at this ice cream... wish I had it where I live :(

codhand

images

GungHo

Single-handedly caused Exxon-Mobil to sue FOX, start World War 3
What GungHo said. They're more East Coast though. At least I don't think I've ever seen one out here in Utah.

I've seen one here in Houston. It was paired up with a Cinnabon. It's since closed. I know there are a three more in town... one on its own and two more inside Schlotzky's Delis... which are gross.

Ugh. I like Nutella as a substitute/compliment to peanut butter, but I am getting sick and fucking tired of everyone trying to treat nutella like it's some god tier desert or form of chocolate. Keep that shit out of crepes, cakes and ice cream. It's not that good. It's a poor man's version of milk chocolate.

Dereck

Ugh. I like Nutella as a substitute/compliment to peanut butter, but I am getting sick and fucking tired of everyone trying to treat nutella like it's some god tier desert or form of chocolate. Keep that shit out of crepes, cakes and ice cream. It's not that good. It's a poor man's version of milk chocolate.
pl6yR59.gif

Dr.Acula

Banned
Nutella is like the unhealthiest thing ever. I keep trying to tell Europeans this but they think I'm insane and tell me that peanut butter is bad for you aaaaarrrrgggh

Nikodemos

I made this today, turned out pretty damn good! It didn't taste like Nutella as much as I thought it would.
I think it would work better if you were to separate the eggs and only use the whites. Yolks add too much 'egginess'. Also, maybe a pinch of baking powder to counter the loss of fluffiness when folding the beaten whites with the nutella.

Vlad

I made this today, turned out pretty damn good! It didn't taste like Nutella as much as I thought it would.

Nutella's weird like that when baking, I've noticed. A while back, I had some old bananas, so instead of doing the usual banana bread thing, I looked around for some other interesting recipes. I found one for banana-Nutella bars, which were basically banana brownies with a Nutella swirl. The recipe called for a non--specific amount of nutella, basically "to taste".

So, of course, I put a rather generous amount in that pan. 30 minutes or so later, out it comes, and even the bites that had quite a bit of Nutella in them still didn't have a whole lot of flavor.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Nutella is like the unhealthiest thing ever. I keep trying to tell Europeans this but they think I'm insane and tell me that peanut butter is bad for you aaaaarrrrgggh

It's basically sugar and oil with some hazelnuts added, there has even a lot of controversy over its marketing as a 'hazelnut spread' recently.

I was in Rome last week, near the Vatican (forgot the street name, but right beside a Metro entrance) there is a well known gelato place. I ordered 1 cone gelato with 1/2 Nutella and 1/2 pistachio.. I WAS FLOORED.

I was literally floored how good this gelato was, the Nutella was incredible. I needed to sit down for about 5 minutes and really absorb all deliciousness.

DrSlek

I was in Rome last week, near the Vatican (forgot the street name, but right beside a Metro entrance) there is a well known gelato place. I ordered 1 cone gelato with 1/2 Nutella and 1/2 pistachio.. I WAS FLOORED.

I was literally floored how good this gelato was, the Nutella was incredible. I needed to sit down for about 5 minutes and really absorb all deliciousness.
If you're ever in Rome again, check out Flor. Best gelato I've ever had.

I think it would work better if you were to separate the eggs and only use the whites. Yolks add too much 'egginess'. Also, maybe a pinch of baking powder to counter the loss of fluffiness when folding the beaten whites with the nutella.

Oh, I guess I wasn't clear, but I actually liked the taste of it a lot. The recipe worked out great.

sarcastor

okay i just baked the flourless cake and it tastes like a spongy brownie. I wish i had some nutella ice cream to put on top :(

14381087689_d928514722_b.jpg

This, everyone, is an incorrect opinion.

Rikkun

Yeah, here it's been on sale for 20 years.

Also, for all the Nutella haters, yeah it's not that good since they use palm oil (?) instead of cocoa butter. If you can, try the Novi one. And in the US the formula for Nutella is different.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom