• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

It took over 3 years, but the men of Dead or Alive 5 finally got some swimsuits!

Not sure why it was thread-worthy, but yeah, last time they got swimsuit DLC was in February 2013. They don't necessarily need more swimsuits but they certainly needed more costumes.
Why not have a thread? There's been one for every single trailer for DoAX3.

And the stuff the guys got in 2013 wasn't swimsuits, it was MMA gear. Maybe Team Ninja thought it was comparable, but it wasn't. This is the first true swimwear for the guys.

You know that won't happen. There's not even the full female cast in Xtreme.
Never say never.

Until the men utilize Soft Engine 2.0, they will never be able to match the ladies. Where's the wetness meter for men? The muscle giggle?

We need it now, Team Ninja. DLC for DOAX3.

This, this, this. The guys need some of that Soft Engine action, pronto.

It's about gosh diddly darn time this happened, though. We're getting there, slowly.

Eolz

Who's the last character?

New character introduced in Last Round iirc

Why not have a thread? There's been one for every single trailer for DoAX3.

And the stuff the guys got in 2013 wasn't swimsuits, it was MMA gear. Maybe Team Ninja thought it was comparable, but it wasn't. This is the first true swimwear for the guys.

Never say never.

I mean it would be fun, but there has been this discussion in several threads already. Won't happen in 3, and I doubt they're making a 4 before a long while. But yeah, putting them in X as well as the rest of the cast would have my support.

Just surprised for the thread, since it's just DLC, not really something for a new game.
Looking forward to see them finally announce new male characters for 6, since they already implied it was the only way for them to introduce new ones.

Dead or Alive 5 Last Round has $604.84 on DLC on Steam...

http://store.steampowered.com/app/311730/

It's cheaper on console thanks to the three season passes ;)

Loona

Who the hell tattoos some stupid molecular structure? That's the nerdiest thing i've ever seen, jesus.

Hopefully that's like the vodka molecule or something.

Story-wise Rig is related to the mad science side of DoA which involves clones and stuff, so it's not surprising.

It's a shame that the UFC game is a better Xtreme Beach VolleyBall for men than this.

DoA5 did release an MMA-theme DLC pack for the guys: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hnYddbwzhAc

The Costume Pack 9, the fighter Pack, to be specific: http://teamninja-studio.com/doa5/us/dlc.html

Not too different from the new one, although now gloves aren't as involved, and the shorts have colors and hearts on them.

is this marie-rose counterpart?

He's been around for longer, so it's more like she's his counterpart.

Then again, he's the only male character you can put glasses on - that's a default feature for the girls, but they saw fit to make him the male exception.

orioto

Good Art™
DoA5 did release an MMA-theme DLC pack for the guys: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hnYddbwzhAc

The Costume Pack 9, the fighter Pack, to be specific: http://teamninja-studio.com/doa5/us/dlc.html

Not too different from the new one, although now gloves aren't as involved, and the shorts have colors and hearts on them.

No what i meant was the UFC game on next gen consoles is clearly 15 years ahead in term of realistic rendition of a male body :) The muscle elasticity, the skin shaders, the light, the models...

When do you guys think we'll see DOA 6?
there's going to be a DOA 6 right?
Probably not for a while yet. There's still (at least) one more character being released for DoA 5 next month, so I imagine they'll probably continue supporting the game via DLC until the end of this year, if not a bit longer.

I mean it would be fun, but there has been this discussion in several threads already. Won't happen in 3, and I doubt they're making a 4 before a long while. But yeah, putting them in X as well as the rest of the cast would have my support.

Just surprised for the thread, since it's just DLC, not really something for a new game.
Looking forward to see them finally announce new male characters for 6, since they already implied it was the only way for them to introduce new ones.
We still don't know the general DLC structure for X3, so I'd still say it's quite possible. I can't imagine that they won't add anymore characters to the game, because it's a micro-transaction goldmine, and as evident by DoA5, it's not something they're gonna shy away from.

Of course it'll almost certainly be focused almost exclusively on the female characters, but I think adding a guy or two as DLC would be feasible, and would be a great way to introduce the concept while still making it opt-in, so those that don't care for it can forgo buying the DLC, while people that would enjoy have the option. It would also be great PR for the game.

If Team Ninja is wise they'll get in on this on the forefront, because if they don't, some other developer will. Equal opportunity fanservice is the future, so why not utilize that fact?

IvorB

Did they all do a full body shave before the shoot? :-( Oh well, better than nothing I guess. At least the swim trunks are nice and not some extreme speedo type stuff that you would normally see.

Can you imagine?

RcBvkuA.jpg

Dee Dee

Still no firm buttocks shots... haha, I keep going into these "look, a sexy dude in a video game!" threads just to be disappointed over and over. I need to get back to playing Picross...

Griss

Team Ninja will add visible 'packages' when they add camel toe and visible nipples to the ladies. Which is to say... never.

I'm surprised Team Ninja doesn't realize how much adding dudes to something like DOAX3 would probably find them a great additional audience.

DR2K

Banned
I'm surprised Team Ninja doesn't realize how much adding dudes to something like DOAX3 would probably find them a great additional audience.

They just started adding butts to women. Give them time.

Game needs realtime erection physics.

They'll figure it out eventually. When they decide to do it themselves, or when some other company beats them to the punch.

mao2

I think they realize that if they actually did that, they'd piss off a majority of their existing fans. It would be better if they made a separate DOAX Sausage Edition instead for those interested in the male characters.

Golnei

I think they realize that if they actually did that, they'd piss off a majority of their existing fans. It would be better if they made a separate DOAX Sausage Edition instead for those interested in the male characters.

I think they're also fairly hesitant to divert any attention from the established audience they've cultivated. Regardless of whether it's in a separate game or added to an existing one, focusing more on the men would necessitate a smaller range of options for the female characters, which they've clearly positioned as the primary draw of both the main series and Xtreme games - abandoning their current fans to chase after an unproven demographic can't be a smart move, even if it could work out better for them in a best-case scenario of questionable likelihood. They probably will continue to give male characters costume packs here and in the eventual DOA6, but they'll remain an afterthought.

I think majority is exaggerating, but frankly anyone that would have an issue can deal with it. No one is advocating adding male characters to the detriment of the female centric content, but in addition to it.

DoA will undoubtedly always highlight their female characters first and foremost, but including the male characters as well is not some affront to cheesecake loving gamers everywhere. While I'd love to have a separate male only edition of the game, it's hardly feasible at this stage under the DoA moniker, as the name carries a lot of preconceived notions. That's why offering it as an add-on to the current games makes the most sense because it acclimates the general fan base to the concept, while drawing in new players by conveying that the series has something to offer for other gamers as well. (And believe it or not, DoA does have a female and gay male fan base to drawn on already, and this would only bolster it.)

Top Bottom