• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Itagaki leaves Tecmo, sues Tecmo president

McBradders

NeoGAF: my new HOME
EverSoTrendy said:
Cute, no Just NG2, because than that would be a loophole.

To you maybe, and you know you're safe as these things only get iterated on, not ported.

Aint nobody round here -that- fucking crazy.

WickedLaharl said:
nothing happened? as expected, mass effect was ported to pc. until they announce a ps3 port you have no argument.

I doubt ME will go to PS3, although, the sequels definitely will.

Same with NG2.

I don't see how either could happen with Microsoft publishing, unless the publishing rights are bought off or something.

RyuHayate

godhandiscen said:
No, but if MS recruits Itagaki it makes sense that he would join a currently announced project. I doubt MS would invest in a whole new project just for Itagaki, at least not right off the bat, but then again iItagaki is the only man to whom I would give $20 Million right now to create the ultimate badass game.

At best, he would come in as a producer, but giving him a directorial role on an already announced project doesn't seem likely.

Dorfdad

Gold Member
How long before we see he is now somehow directly related to Microsoft???

Hes been hyping the shit out of the 360 for a while now so it seems illogical for him to go to a Sony house...

godhandiscen said:
I hear you, however, I think DOA reached its peak with DOA4. There is no better fighter "imo", and I can keep playing that for years to come.

Well, it definitely won't get any better without him, thats for damn sure.

And as far as the "I bet Microsoft picks him up" stuff goes....don't hold your breath peoples. Microsoft has proven time and time again this gen that they could care less about something like that...they proved that by letting EA pick up Bioware.

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
EverSoTrendy said:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=Xu2jcuqcIRA

Not at all, DOA4 still needs tremendous work, there's so many things wrong In this video I don't know where to begin, those were mid\high level players, (besides the shitty ayane) Mids that looks like lows, clipping, tech roll actually working once in a blue moon online etc.
I am a shitty player when it comes to fighters. I take the "fun" over the extreme depth when it comes to that genre. I know the game is broken and that many other games are far deeper, but I love the huge stages, the bouncing tits, the crazy story, and the impossible moves. I like the fact I can button mash and always pull crazy combinations. Thats just me.

Fady K

I never liked Itagaki as a person, I always personally thought he was very disrespectful among other things BUT im glad to see him stand up for himself and not allow corporate shit like this to happen. When the president himself makes you a promise and takes it back, you sue his ass. I hope he makes every yen he sues for.

Im definitely interested to see where he goes next, though this would be a no-brainer for Microsoft. There's no way he'd join Sony, that would be INSANE.

Lets wait and see the direction that Team Ninja will head through. Maybe theyll do even better than before, I just hope Hayashi doesnt leave as well.

EverSoTrendy said:
Cute, no Just NG2, because than that would be a loophole.

Maybe a Sigmafied edition of NG2, but NG2, I would agree with you, no chance most likely.

Amir0x said:
I like Ninja Gaiden, but Itagaki is such a goddamn tool already

Nolan.

RyuHayate said:
At best, he would come in as a producer, but giving him a directorial role on an already announced project doesn't seem likely.

Are we talking ninja blade? because if so the game hasn't been announced.

If Tecmo's lawyers could protect the company after Itagaki molested that female staffer, this one should be a peice of cake.

Maybe he knows exactly how much the company will settle for out of court so he is going for the same tactic.

PuppetMaster said:
If Tecmo's lawyers could protect the company after Itagaki molested that female staffer, this one should be a peice of cake.

Maybe he knows exactly how much the company will settle for out of court so he is going for the same tactic.

He was found innocent. In a court.

MrHicks

Banned
Ganondorfo said:
But serious now, what is ninja gaiden without itagaki

that's like

metal gear without hideo koijima
resident evil without shinji mikami
shenmue without yu suzuki
gears of war without cliffy

but I still hope that they still make great future ninja gaiden games without that sunglasses japanese MF.

isn't RE5 without shinji?
im pretty sure that game is gonna own

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
duckroll said:
Is this going to turn into a "I hope [unannounced game] is directed by Itagaki" thread now? I dunno, I have expectations of Ninja Blade based on Otogi and Otogi 2, it's nothing like the type of games Itagaki would make. What's next, Itagaki to direct MGS5? :p
I know! I know! He's going to do Pikmin 3! :lol

Blimblim

The Inside Track
Liara T'Soni said:
Well, it definitely won't get any better without him, thats for damn sure.

And as far as the "I bet Microsoft picks him up" stuff goes....don't hold your breath peoples. Microsoft has proven time and time again this gen that they could care less about something like that...they proved that by letting EA pick up Bioware.
There is a BIG difference between not buying Bioware (and Pandemic, don't forget they were under the same company), for the little sum of $860 millions, and not willing to put a few million bucks into Itagaki's new company.
I'm not saying MS is going to do it, because they definitely can be retarded like that, but the difference is just staggering.

godhandiscen

Blimblim said:
There is a BIG difference between not buying Bioware (and Pandemic, don't forget they were under the same company), for the little sum of $860 millions, and not willing to put a few million bucks into Itagaki's new company.
I'm not saying MS is going to do it, because they definitely can be retarded like that, but the difference is just staggering.
Yeah, I forgot about that. With MS you always have to be ready for the most unexpected move.

DC R1D3R

Banned
Blimblim said:

We'll see just how smart MS are with this news. Any serious company would have the deal locked down already.

godhandiscen

DC R1D3R said:
We'll see just how smart MS are with this news. Any seriuos company would have the deal locked down already.
Pretty sure Shane Kim will "reveal" during E3 the news about this industry veteran who just joined MS. :lol

Frank O'Connor

Prine

Banned
He keeps talking about his fans, all his fans are Xboxens. He also had nothing but good things to say about Peter Molenuex, who is a visionary working for MS. Makes perfect sense, I just hope he stays in Japan, joins up with MGS and starts directing them.

Its becoming more apprent that Tecmo have not been putting out new engines for next gen due to suits over there. Maybe with a new team of artists and engineers, Itagaki will pull out all the stops on his next game.

DaCocoBrova

Finally bought a new PSP, but then pushed the demon onto someone else. Jesus.
Should he be moving state-side, I hope he doesn't give the women here whatever he has.

For supplemental income, he could be the new ProActiv spokesperson, or something.

duckroll

godhandiscen said:
Also, how can you hope Ninja Blade be based on Otogi (magical realm) if it has been rumored to be more of a matrix/future type of game? Do you know something we don't?

The same way Metal Wolf Chaos is a modern day robot action game and is similar to Otogi? The theme and setting has nothing to do with it. The team is known for making action games with tons of speed, explosive attacks and tons and tons of destructable environments, filled with on-screen effects. I'm not interested in a deep combat system or difficulty in those games. Just lots of flashy explosions and cool destruction.

DevilWillcry said:
Didn't he just bash Kamiya and his works in a recent interview? I don't see how that would fly.
True - but I don't see freedom coming from any other developer/publisher out there.
And think of the instant sales of a joint Kamiya/Itagaki venture - instant buzz = instant sales.

I can dream, can't I?

Aggelos

duckroll said:
G) Join 1up
H) Join Microsoft
I) Start his own company
J) Become a mod at NeoGAF
K) Join Microsoft
L) Join GamePro

:lol :lol

Do you think that Itagaki will make appearances to the media without his sunglasses from now on????
I think that the sunglasses are Tecmo's property, thus they will keep'em.....:lol

DC R1D3R

Banned
godhandiscen said:
Pretty sure Shane Kim will "reveal" during E3 the news about this industry veteran who just joined MS. :lol

Frank O'Connor

LOL

you're a wicked, wicked man godhandiscen :]

duckroll said:
The same way Metal Wolf Chaos is a modern day robot action game and is similar to Otogi? The theme and setting has nothing to do with it. The team is known for making action games with tons of speed, explosive attacks and tons and tons of destructable environments, filled with on-screen effects. I'm not interested in a deep combat system or difficulty in those games. Just lots of flashy explosions and cool destruction.
Is it bad that I want Metal Wolf Chaos II?
After Otogi 3 of course.
Not at all realistic of me, but damnit, i have dreams!

VAIL

14 pages wow, anyway he is too full of himself and has burned a lot of bridges, he could probably go work at Epic.

DOA needed to die, as for NG I'm sure something will happen with it.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Blimblim said:

They might be asking themselves how far the Sakaguchi deals have got them, though... and Itagaki is not even a Sakaguchi, as much as he has his hardcore fans.

On the other hand, he seemed to mostly acquire a lot of his hardcore fans via his affinity to Xbox, and his xbox exclusivity (which was quite clever on his part because he became higher profile than he probably otherwise would have). So Microsoft might consider it important to 'xbox culture' to have him on board.

edit - I agree it's most likely he'll start his own studio, though. His ego at this stage probably wouldn't allow for anything less.

scarybore

I have just woke up and this has blown my mind. Hopefully he stays in the industry, despite that some would pan DOA because it has tits and Ninja Gaiden as it is hard as nails, I still enjoyed the games he has worked on.

He is also one of the most amusing and straight forward men in the industry and even if I don't always agree with him, we need more people like that.

Busty

Banned
His first post Tecmo project will be some licensed nonsense for Brash no doubt.

It'll be a PS3/360 game which will be licensed from TMZ.com that will include DOA-Extreme style mini games.

In it you'll play Linsey Lohan trying to run around a sandbox style Los Angeles getting hold of as much drink and drugs as you can in a strict time limit aided by your trusty Lesbian lover.

I believe the working title is BINGE-A-MAIDEN.

Top Bottom