• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Itagaki leaves Tecmo, sues Tecmo president

Draft

You missed my point, it is a wannabe but he looks down on it really. He praises the game he just finished creating a the superior version, an evolution but failed to deliver and he was working on the same formula of his pervious title.
What is this, a fucking haiku?

edit:

Also:

:lol

duckroll

krzyspc said:
Every review I had read so far, and see no indication of otherwise.

Okay, so I guess we can disregard your opinion since you haven't played it. Thanks for your contribution anyway.

krzyspc

Banned
duckroll said:
Okay, so I guess we can disregard your opinion since you haven't played it. Thanks for your contribution anyway.

Np, I mean who even believes what pretty much every reviewer is saying, they were paid to discredit his name by the president of tecmo.

And it isn't my opinion you are disregarding, it is that of people who played it, I am just a proxy.

duckroll

krzyspc said:
Np, I mean who even believes what pretty much every reviewer is saying, they were paid to discredit his name by the president of tecmo.

And it isn't my opinion you are disregarding, it is that of people who played it, I am just a proxy.

Are you going to continue being a dick? Because maybe you didn't notice but lots of us are actually playing the game too. Which means we actually have an opinion on the game, unlike you.

krzyspc

Banned
duckroll said:
Are you going to continue being a dick? Because maybe you didn't notice but lots of us are actually playing the game too. Which means we actually have an opinion on the game, unlike you.

I'll stop being a dick, and I do have an opinion which I would consider less bias then most you.

Oh if it matters I will playing the game later today, with low expectations.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
jarrod said:
Miyamoto's still pretty involved with the big EAD games... he was with TP, Galaxy and Wii Sports/Fit at least. The ones he really isn't (Wii Play, Mario Kart) have also arguably been less well received by critics.

Likewise, Itagaki was pretty involved with Gaiden DS going by interviews. He was hands off on Sigma largely, but there's obvious reasons for that.

He helped out with MK Wii

krzyspc said:

Fuck you, we already know the reviewers opinions, so shut the hell up or go play the game.

You don't have a point to make, so why are you even posting?

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
proposition said:
Also, :lol for the people who are like 'well he is slagging off NG:S and it's better than his own NG2!'. So Hayashi adds like, new swords with half a moveset, and a few new enemies and areas, and suddenly it's entirely his game like Itagaki didn't mastermind anything?

Awesome revisionism there dudes.

Wasnt Hayashi behind the battle system and AI in NG...you know, the features it is most lauded for?

krzyspc said:
I'll stop being a dick, and I do have an opinion which I would consider less bias then most you.

Less biased? By your own admission, you haven't even played the fucking game. And where are these horrible reviews you keep referring to anyway? 1UP's B-? IGN's 8.7/10? The 82% cumulative rating on Metacritic? Seriously. Just stop.

krzyspc

Banned
DimmuBurgerKing said:
Less biased? By your own admission, you haven't even played the fucking game. And where are these horrible reviews you keep referring to anyway? 1UP's B-? IGN's 8.7/10? The 82% cumulative rating on Metacritic? Seriously. Just stop.

How about you stop looking at the number and start reading the reviews.

icecream

Public Health Threat
krzyspc said:
Don't be so conceited. Just because you have a more negative opinion of the title hardly makes you more critical than someone who is positive of the game.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
krzyspc said:

How they mostly all state that the combat is the best of the best but its generally too hard for them to beat fiends and control the camera?

icecream said:
Don't be so conceited. Just because you have a more negative opinion of the title hardly makes you more critical than someone who is positive of the game.

Dude, clearly actually playing the game has made you completely biased towards NG2 and oblivious to the game's many flaws. I humbly suggest that you stop playing and instead read every written review you can find on this game, in order to educate yourself on your own flawed judgment. :p

clashfan

krzyspc said:

How about YOU start playing the game instead of just reading about it? Or you can't form your own opinions and have to base your opinions on someone else's?

Another person to add to my ignore list...

Probably a good thing at the end of the day. I'd like to see what Itagaki can do without recycling so much. I think his recent games are hurt over the deja vu sensations they deliver than anything else.

I really hope that through some strange circumstances Itagaki ends up at Valve. That way he and Gabe could team-up for interviews so amazing that they break the entire internet in half, also he could make games there.

Ariexv

krzyspc said:
The fact of the matter is if you've played NG1 and have to chose between Sigma and NG2 which are you better off getting? The Ripoff Port down by some1 w/ 1/10 Itagaki's talent? or the actual Sequel?

Spoo

Finally got my copy :D

Almost finished with Stage 3. So far, I'm really impressed. I don't really see the camera as being any more difficult in this game than it was in the Black or Sigma. If you tune the camera speed in the options, it's not difficult to work with.

The battle system here is definately improved. The emphasis placed on dismemberment makes combat both insanely fast paced and somewhat strategic -- it forces you to play in a much different manner than in the others.

My only problem with the game is that it seems to be a lot easier now with the health areas. I'm playing on Warrior, and so far I think I've only died about 6 times (almost always on bosses) legitly.

People who think this game is even remotely bad or fails to live up to the the first game should really give it a chance; there's no backtracking (yet), and the combat here is amazing. :)

edit: Yikes! Thought this was the official thread cuz there's so much bitching going on in here :) Oh well, works out okay I think.

Ariexv said:
The fact of the matter is if you've played NG1 and have to chose between Sigma and NG2 which are you better off getting? The Ripoff Port down by some1 w/ 1/10 Itagaki's talent? or the actual Sequel?
You need to lend me your teaspoons sometime.

Ariexv said:

Ripoff port....

....that doesn't make a damn lick of sense.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
HomerSimpson-Man said:
Ripoff port....

....that doesn't make a damn lick of sense.

"someone with one-tenth Itagaki's talent."

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
The Faceless Master said:
Hayashi = Dyack

anyone can follow a well laid out blueprint
What? What blueprint is Dyack following? Specially what "well laid out" blueprint?

duckroll

Suburban Cowboy said:
he is referencing Twin Snakes, which only MGS purists lament as a bad game

Not a bad game sure, but everyone laments it as a weak port. Way weaker than Sigma even. It has -nothing new- in terms of content. :)

[Nintex]

I knew the departure of Itakagi would be bad for Tecmo but I didn't expect their stock to drop right away. I guess Itakagi really was the only one at Tecmo capable of directing/producing games. I don't know if anyone at Tecmo can take his place.

_tetsuo_ said:
actually, what I would like more than anything from Itagaki would be a Berserk game. It's right up his alley.
Kildace said:
God just the thought of this makes me hard.
You know what? This would truly be awesome. Itagaki should definitely consider doing this, because he's very much the man for the job.

HK-47 said:
Wasnt Hayashi behind the battle system and AI in NG...you know, the features it is most lauded for?

With the direction of Itagaki. Also Itagaki was entirely responsible for doing the AI on both Alma forms. He mentions it in several reviews before NG release. Might want to catch up on your info.

duckroll

Renji Zabimaru said:
With the direction of Itagaki. Also Itagaki was entirely responsible for doing the AI on both Alma forms. He mentions it in several reviews before NG release. Might want to catch up on your info.

I'm not sure why that's a good thing though.... :lol

Hayashi is a talented guy, but I think his actual game design philosophy is just too different from Itagaki. You can see from the Rachel missions in Sigma and NG Dragon Sword, that Hayashi is more interested in giving the player more variety and a "different experience" as opposed to sticking to a concept and focusing on it. I guess Hayashi's style works better on the mainstream and more casual gamers, but considering how Dragon Sword sold, it doesn't seem like that audience cares for Team Ninja games in the first place. Hayashi has also expressed interest in the Wii, so who knows how that'll pan out.

duckroll said:

:lol actually I'm not so sure either. But then again, she was the only boss in the game that actually gave me problems, especially that damn 2nd form.
fucking bitch on Master Ninja is an ass
. Almost broke my controller several times on both forms.

karasu

_tetsuo_ said:
actually, what I would like more than anything from Itagaki would be a Berserk game. It's right up his alley.

Well, so long as he wouldn't ruin the story by digging into the very depths of cheese and poor taste as he often does. The gameplay would probably be ace though.

duckroll

karasu said:
Well, so long as he wouldn't ruin the story by digging into the very depths of cheese and poor taste as he often does. The gameplay would probably be ace though.

Without cheese it wouldn't be an Itagaki game. Better for him to work on less serious stuff than try and tackle Berserk imo. The worldview is not really something that fits his style.

Blimblim

The Inside Track
karasu said:
dante2.jpg

duckroll said:

Hayashi is a talented guy, but I think his actual game design philosophy is just too different from Itagaki. You can see from the Rachel missions in Sigma and NG Dragon Sword, that Hayashi is more interested in giving the player more variety and a "different experience" as opposed to sticking to a concept and focusing on it. I guess Hayashi's style works better on the mainstream and more casual gamers, but considering how Dragon Sword sold, it doesn't seem like that audience cares for Team Ninja games in the first place. Hayashi has also expressed interest in the Wii, so who knows how that'll pan out.

Whilst what Hayashi did in Sigma was questionable (Pretty sure Itagaki mentions he was deeply involved in the development of A.I. in Gaiden) it's assumed that he was the leading force behind DoA3.1/2 which is considered the best in the series by many of the series hardcore fans. So whilst it might not be all that great for Ng, it would be very good for DoA.

duckroll

Spirit of Jazz said:
Whilst what Hayashi did in Sigma was questionable (Pretty sure Itagaki mentions he was deeply involved in the development of A.I. in Gaiden) it's assumed that he was the leading force behind DoA3.1/2 which is considered the best in the series by many of the series hardcore fans. So whilst it might not be all that great for Ng, it would be very good for DoA.

Errr, he was? Hayashi is just a planner in DoA3. Hiroaki Matsui (Chief Director) and Katsunori Ehara (Game System Designer) are the driving forces behind DoA3. They're directors on NG2 too.

Top Bottom