• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Itagaki leaves Tecmo, sues Tecmo president

Crovax33

godhandiscen said:
OMGWTF! Dude you so want to buy NG2 that you are reading this thread. You see, just get the game, I promise, you wont regret it.

I don't want to buy it because I'm going on vacation right after graduation. If you'll buy it for me I'll let you have it after I graduate and leave and you finish mass effect :D I'll even chip in a little =P

godhandiscen said:
I made this thread, you are just shitting on it.

I am shitting on nothing.
I made a statement in response to a statement and instead Itagaki's little concubine felt the need to make some half assed personal attack.
This thread doesn't even have anything to do with NG2 itself, it is about Itagaki leaving.

As to the topic at hand, I do not know how Japan works but is it possible to find any kind of records as to when he filed a grievance?
It would just be interesting to know how long ago and which interviews were done after.

Draft

OokieSpookie said:
I made a statement in response to a statement and instead Itagaki's little concubine felt the need to make some half assed personal attack.
This thread doesn't even have anything to do with NG2 itself, it is about Itagaki leaving.
I assure you my full ass was used.

Anything less would shame both of us.

Aruarian Reflection

Chauffeur de la gdlk
Draft said:
Hypothetically speaking, the only yawn produced during a Ninja Gaiden 2 session is by your girlfriend after watching you play for 6 straight hours, and before you command her to bring you a beer and a sandwich.

Hypothetically speaking, of course. Because of course you don't have a girlfriend.

Hilarious :lol :lol

krzyspc said:
STFU you're wrong!

:lol :lol :lol

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
OokieSpookie said:
I actually asked for this long ago. However the thread became into a "NG2 coming to PS3" announcement of sorts.

Also, Crovax, maybe I'll get NG2 IF I have money left when I come from my wife's place this weekend.

Gotta save great game for the summer drought.

Kunan

gconsole said:
I don't think so. Shinji left Capcom because of they close Clover Studio. Why would him get mad if the ported version make the game sale 3 times better?
He DID say he would CUT HIS OWN HEAD OFF if RE4 didn't remain exclusive for gamecube. I mean, closing down Clover was huge but he was already pissed with them.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shinji_Mikami

Exempted said:
Itagaki should join Platinum, so he can work on MadWorld and Bayonetta.
Except he just dissed them just last week, saying Bayonetta's director makes shallow games.

PJX said:
But isn't that every sequel to the original in a series.

DMC 2-4 = DMC in a new setting
Final Fantasy 2-12 = Final Fantasy in a new setting.
Mario 2-Galaxy = Mario 1 with new setting
Sonic 2 - Sonic and the Secret Rings = Sonic 1 in new settings.

And that applies to every franchise. And beforeyou come in saying, "But they added stuff to each sequel", so did Ninja Gaiden 2 also. That's a really weak argument you just gave as to why you don't want the game. I hate when people use that weak ass argument to hate on a game.
you could argue Devil May Cry, but the rest of those are ridiculous. They change their gameplay between each iteration MUCH more than NG2 did. Good lord, I'm guessing you've played none of those. I could barely even begin to call Mario 1, Mario 2 and Galaxy even the slightest bit the same game.

godhandiscen said:
I actually asked for this long ago. However the thread became into a "NG2 coming to PS3" announcement of sorts.

Also, Crovax, maybe I'll get NG2 IF I have money left when I come from my wife's place this weekend.

Gotta save great game for the summer drought.

While a possibility exists for a NG2 Sigma type thing, the reality is that Itagaki has to have some kind of royalty type thing in the fine print for the game and even if they did a Sigma version he would see a payday of some sort from it which if this is going down as the press makes it feel Tecmo would not want to give him.

OokieSpookie said:

You responded to a post about the thread by "hypothetically" shitting on the game you and they haven't played...

Draft said:
Hypothetically speaking, the only yawn produced during a Ninja Gaiden 2 session is by your girlfriend after watching you play for 6 straight hours, and before you command her to bring you a beer and a sandwich.

Hypothetically speaking, of course. Because of course you don't have a girlfriend.

:lol :lol :lol

Draft said:

slam dunk.

Draft said:
It's not Itagaki's fault you are too poor for multiple systems.

Maybe you should worry less about games and more about getting a job that pays well enough to afford all of Team Ninja's classic games.

Nice comeback. Look, just because I don't want three systems under my TV and dislike the 360 enough that 2 games won't justify its purchase doesn't mean I'm broke. Unlike Itagaki my company actually pays me. :lol

So should I take it from the personal attacks you've no real points left to make, like citing reasons why Itagaki isn't a twat or why it isn't a good idea for Tecmo to dump him?

Tain

draft_post.jpg

Gokurakumaru said:
Nice comeback. Look, just because I don't want three systems under my TV and dislike the 360 enough that 2 games won't justify its purchase doesn't mean I'm broke. Unlike Itagaki my company actually pays me. :lol

So should I take it from the personal attacks you've no real points left to make, like citing reasons why Itagaki isn't a twat or why it isn't a good idea for Tecmo to dump him?

You don't want personal attacks? You come into a thread for a developer you obviously dislike (obviously because his games aren't on your precious system), you insult him, you make completely asinine remarks as to his importance for the company, and now you're even making cracks about how he doesn't get paid.

There is a REASON why the game is called "Dead or Alive". It's because Tecmo would bellied up if it wasn't for Itagaki and his franchise, which whiny little bitches like you loved until it went exclusively to Microsoft's playground. You slobber over his games, and you have the audacity to be a berade the guy.

So, try to tone down the literary-vomit. No one wants to read more of your crap.

godhandiscen

Vast Inspiration said:
You don't want personal attacks? You come into a thread for a developer you obviously dislike (obviously because his games aren't on your precious system), you insult him, you make completely asinine remarks as to his importance for the company, and now you're even making cracks about how he doesn't get paid.

There is a REASON why the game is called "Dead or Alive". It's because Tecmo would bellied up if it wasn't for Itagaki and his franchise, which whiny little bitches like you loved until it went exclusively to Microsoft's playground. You slobber over his games, and you have the audacity to be a berade the guy.

So, try to tone down the literary-vomit. No one wants to read more of your crap.
Is this true? I heard something like this, that the company depended on the success of DOA 1 back then and hence the name, much like FF 1 in the old SquareSoft days.

kay

Tecmo responds (roughly translated)

Tomonobu Itagaki, an employee of our company (Hereafter, it is said, "This company member") sent the retirement dated July 1 on June 3, 2008 for the news organization, the institution of the lawsuit from which the payment of the contingency fee to our company and the payment of compensation money to our company and the President and Representative Director of our company were requested, and the reason.

The conclusion of the appeal hearing of the sexual harassment lawsuit in which this company member had taken part as a person concerned is received as for our company, when it had explained the details, this company member had one-sidedly instituted this lawsuit though it had urged for this company member to follow our rule and to concentrate on the duty in in-house.

There is a contingency fee system that follows a prescribed decision procedure besides a regular bonus by our company. Our company has paid the contingency fee to the this company member including the DOA4 project every year. The contingency fee on which this company member insists is the one besides the above-mentioned contingency fee system, and doesn't have the resolution decision to admit such a content, and this is a story in the former manager age, and, to begin with, a one-sided complaint.

Moreover, the claim on compensation money to our company and the President and Representative Director is the one (the one, and no conversation by the this company member's distortion) to make the matter on which it doesn't make remarks grounds.

Our company refrains from this lawsuit that this company member instituted this lawsuit has refrained from a foreign announcement on the other hand with the big problem though it caught because it is the one by a personal reason. This company member's however not only making an own fact of this lawsuit institution public but also the this company member in the statement sentence made the statement public to public relations when the staff of Team NINJA that was our development studio multiplied a lot of time and it developed by one person of me it as for the game title that had put one's heart.

What the statement sentence intended anyway this time is clarified though this company member's act concerned is extremely regrettable with the course of time.

It is an act of the damage of our social credit and position by an announcement by a personal of this time reason different from one-sided and the fact, and disadvantaging it to related all of you of the stockholder, the employee, and the customer, etc. including the customer.

On the other hand, Team NINJA of our development studio has already operated the new title line. I will endeavor to give all companies including Team NINJA and to deliver an attractive title.

I apologize sincerely for a customer, a stockholder, and related all of you of the dealings externals having troubled you, and please continue and support it. <end>

Not all sentences make sense but you can get most of it. Basically, they aren't happy about how he handled this and are already moving on without him.

godhandiscen said:
Is this true? I heard something like this, that the company depended on the success of DOA 1 back then and hence the name, much like FF 1 in the old SquareSoft days.

Yep. Just like Final Fantasy. It was in some old retrospective or interview or something like that.

godhandiscen

kay said:
Tecmo responds (roughly translated)

Tomonobu Itagaki, an employee of our company (Hereafter, it is said, "This company member") sent the retirement dated July 1 on June 3, 2008 for the news organization, the institution of the lawsuit from which the payment of the contingency fee to our company and the payment of compensation money to our company and the President and Representative Director of our company were requested, and the reason.

The conclusion of the appeal hearing of the sexual harassment lawsuit in which this company member had taken part as a person concerned is received as for our company, when it had explained the details, this company member had one-sidedly instituted this lawsuit though it had urged for this company member to follow our rule and to concentrate on the duty in in-house.

There is a contingency fee system that follows a prescribed decision procedure besides a regular bonus by our company. Our company has paid the contingency fee to the this company member including the DOA4 project every year. The contingency fee on which this company member insists is the one besides the above-mentioned contingency fee system, and doesn't have the resolution decision to admit such a content, and this is a story in the former manager age, and, to begin with, a one-sided complaint.

Moreover, the claim on compensation money to our company and the President and Representative Director is the one (the one, and no conversation by the this company member's distortion) to make the matter on which it doesn't make remarks grounds.

Our company refrains from this lawsuit that this company member instituted this lawsuit has refrained from a foreign announcement on the other hand with the big problem though it caught because it is the one by a personal reason. This company member's however not only making an own fact of this lawsuit institution public but also the this company member in the statement sentence made the statement public to public relations when the staff of Team NINJA that was our development studio multiplied a lot of time and it developed by one person of me it as for the game title that had put one's heart.

What the statement sentence intended anyway this time is clarified though this company member's act concerned is extremely regrettable with the course of time.

It is an act of the damage of our social credit and position by an announcement by a personal of this time reason different from one-sided and the fact, and disadvantaging it to related all of you of the stockholder, the employee, and the customer, etc. including the customer.

On the other hand, Team NINJA of our development studio has already operated the new title line. I will endeavor to give all companies including Team NINJA and to deliver an attractive title.

I apologize sincerely for a customer, a stockholder, and related all of you of the dealings externals having troubled you, and please continue and support it. <end>

Not all sentences make sense but you can get most of it. Basically, they aren't happy about how he handled this and are already moving on without him.
I don't know if I understand it, but it seems like there was a change in management, damages the company took because of the sexual scandal, and other reasons why Tecmo believes they have paid everything they owe to Itagaki. Can anybody translate the original text?

godhandiscen

So its says Tecmo payed the "contingency" fee, but not the bonus. Did Itagaki really earned the bonus? Thats the question now.

pulga

Banned
Draft said:

Aaaand he's down for the count. :lol

jarrod

Banned
Yoboman said:
1. Itagaki hadn't held that position for quite awhile
2. If you're comparing that, you might as well compare it to when Kojima was Vice President of Konami
3. I wouldn't even put head of consumer R&D at Tecmo above running Kojima Productions
4. On par with Miyamoto?:lol
It was a comparable within each company hierarchy, not a direct comparison. Which you'd know if you'd actually read what I was responding to rather than rush to defend your sacred cow.

Also, Kojima was never "Vice President of Konami". And it's been about a year since Itagaki was "demoted" it seems (that detail had escaped me in the harassment suit news).

AAK

So the girl had the last laugh in the end. She sued Itagaki for sexual harassment and that was the root to all of this.

erlim

yes, that talented of a member
Itagaki will surely get a development team at microsoft after all of this, and probably make a game exactly like ninja gaiden.

AkuMifune

Banned
Our company getting sued by this employee is huge problem... the reasons for making this lawsuit public are self-centered. What's more, this employee is filing this suit for himself and making it seem like he alone is responsible for the development of the game titles the rest of the Team Ninja staff had poured its heart into.

Team NINJA is currently working on a line-up of new titles. All of Team NINJA is starting to work together on interesting new game titles.

So basically: Itagaki is self-centered, not the cause of Gaiden's success, and Team Ninja rolls on.

I'm down with that.

Top Bottom