• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Italy refuses port entry of migrant filled ship, Malta also nopes out

As for andrespi's message about Italy, I don't deny there is a major issue with migration accumulating in Italy more than anywhere else. I can also say that there are much more people sleeping and panhandling in the streets in Paris than there used to be. It's definitely something that should be handled at EU level, and it comes with a lot of inconvenience (like trains full of freeloaders or areas overcrowded with people who don't speak the language). But I can't say it's "destroying the country from within", no more than the Calais jungle has been destroying France. There is a major issue, sure, but handling it as if we were at war against foreigners isn't the right way.

Oh I must have missed that part where Angela asked other EU countries before she opened the flood gates with her welcoming immigrants.

Alx

Yes you have to control it.

Well obviously you have to control migration in general, we always did and always will. What I mean is you don't solve the increase of religious extremism by being more strict on migration, because that's not the primary cause of it. (if anything, too strong a message against migrants could actually make things worse)
As a matter of fact I do agree that actions have to be done on respect of moral values, which is actually what most liberal governments have been doing in France (closing extremist mosques, forbidding external funding and unwanted imams, forbidding niqab in public places,...). Those are laws that apply to everybody, not only migrants.

Last edited:

ruvikx

Banned
Well obviously you have to control migration in general, we always did and always will. What I mean is you don't solve the increase of religious extremism by being more strict on migration, because that's not the primary cause of it. (if anything, too strong a message against migrants could actually make things worse)
As a matter of fact I do agree that actions have to be done on respect of moral values, which is actually what most liberal governments have been doing in France (closing extremist mosques, forbidding external funding and unwanted imams, forbidding niqab in public places,...). Those are laws that apply to everybody, not only migrants.

Your solution involves mollycoddling their 'feelings'. This doesn't work either. A large section of immigrant youths actually require the complete opposite, i.e. discipline. Yet to the 1968 liberal generation in charge of this country (& especially high immigrant percentage areas), that's not part of their vocabulary so they continue to treat these people like little children (handing them candy, basically, even when they behave badly) & chastise everyone who complains about their behaviour as a 'racist'.

Immigrants are a protected class in France & get all the backing from the media & political establishment, whilst the French citizens, French police & French firemen who directly deal with the immigrants in their areas are treated like sh*t - by both the political establishment & immigrants themselves. It's not even 'radical Islam' (or whatever people wish to call it) which is the main problem vis-à-vis everyday incidents, no, it's the fact there are gangs & thugs roaming around making everyone's lives miserable. That and of course social services are buckling under the pressure & wages are stagnating due to an overcrowded job market. Nearly 10% of the population is unemployed here (with many, many more not on the data because they've fallen off the grid), yet people believe we need more poor people? https://www.journaldunet.com/manage...-chomage-en-hausse-au-premier-trimestre-2018/

And then there's the terrorism which is absolutely a problem, but it often detracts from a whole myriad of problems which cannot be fixed overnight. Importing more immigrants will simply embolden all of them to never assimilate into our way of life & continue down the path towards recreating their homeland within ours. Hence, areas of this country are already not France anymore. The same is happening all over western Europe & I can only 'hope' we get a Hungarian/Polish style leadership before it's too late.

Dunki

Of course you also have to be more strict to migrants. Everyone who is for the sharia should not get into Europe. Everoyne who think ill of gays, jews etc should not get into Europe. To control this you also have to make sure not more of radical people get into Europe. And while this is the case in France it seems it is not the case in Germany the biggest islamic turkish organisation is holding military events here in Germany for their children so even in this regard it seems better in France

What I want is a system like in Canda few get in but they also got a future and proper integration.

Breakage

The continued acceptence of these migrants regardless of integration and resource problems will only drive more European nations to the right. I suspect people in Spain will eventually get fed up and follow Italy in their voting habits.

I'm convinced that people who continue to support mass migration despite its negative effects really want to see many parts of Europe turned into third world areas.
They don't value the peaceful lives they have and how difficult it was to achieve and retain it. They think the way of life they enjoy is the default state of mankind – that they can just get it back in an instant if their social experiment doesn't work out.

Perhaps it is down to post-war boredom, affluence, a hatred of white cultures etc who knows where this desire to make things worse comes from? But I have no doubt that the demographic changes will have lasting effects.

Last edited:

TheWatcher

Banned
Of course you also have to be more strict to migrants. Everyone who is for the sharia should not get into Europe. Everoyne who think ill of gays, jews etc should not get into Europe. To control this you also have to make sure not more of radical people get into Europe. And while this is the case in France it seems it is not the case in Germany the biggest islamic turkish organisation is holding military events here in Germany for their children so even in this regard it seems better in France

What I want is a system like in Canda few get in but they also got a future and proper integration.

The situation is no different in Canada I can assure you. There are barely any children of European origin in our schools, and there are many enclaves throughout the country. Also, much of our real estate is owned by the Chinese. And they say whites are privileged.

Last edited:

Dunki

The situation is no different in Canada I can assure you. There are barely any children of European origin in our schools, and there are many enclaves throughout the country. Also, much of our real estate is owned by the Chinese. And they say whites are privileged.

But your system is still far superior. We have new statistics and it says that 53% of Asylum seekers want to Germany and that they are getting accepted. Thats over 200k alone this year. It is just impossible to integrate even a small percentage like that. And its no wonder we have these enclaves with their own laws, language and culture. There are for example cafes Women are not even encouraged t go to anymore. Same in France. and I bet it is the same in Italy. We need to fight this and wee need to get rid of Merkel who is destroying the EU. Sadly we have no one who could replace her. So if America does not want Bernie we will gladly take him^^

Last edited:

TTOOLL

I believe this article from today is relevant for the topic.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/merkel-gets-ultimatum-on-immigration-challenge-1529324605?mod=e2tw

BERLIN—Chancellor Angela Merkel was handed a two-week ultimatum by her coalition partners on Monday to secure a European deal allowing German police to turn back some migrants at the border, a senior lawmaker said, potentially buying time to settle a standoff that has threatened to topple her government.

Horst Seehofer, Ms. Merkel’s interior minister and a party leader in her fragile coalition, has threatened to ignore a veto by the chancellor and forge ahead with a plan to turn back migrants already registered for asylum in other EU member states. Without a European deal, German police would go ahead, Hans-Peter Friedrich, a lawmaker for the Bavarian Christian Social Union wrote on Twitter after a meeting of his party’s leadership in Munich.

Dunki

cryptoadam

Banned
But your system is still far superior. We have new statistics and it says that 53% of Asylum seekers want to Germany and that they are getting accepted. Thats over 200k alone this year. It is just impossible to integrate even a small percentage like that. And its no wonder we have these enclaves with their own laws, language and culture. There are for example cafes Women are not even encouraged t go to anymore. Same in France. and I bet it is the same in Italy. We need to fight this and wee need to get rid of Merkel who is destroying the EU. Sadly we have no one who could replace her. So if America does not want Bernie we will gladly take him^^

Its because of geography. Refguees have to travel too far to get here while Europe is a stones throw away from Turkey. Trust me if Canada was geographically located where Germany or Italy were we would be getting the same amount of migrants and with Trudeau in charge he would probably have bested Merkel and been the first to swing the doors wide open.

Panda1

Banned
You sound racist! how dare you generalise based on data.

Top Bottom