• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Italy refuses port entry of migrant filled ship, Malta also nopes out

iBuzzati

Japan is literally dying because the youths are not having kids.

Barring a dramatic shift in immigration policy, the country faces a steady decline in numbers until not long after the year 3000, when the last Japanese in the world will pass away.

When a sovereign nation stabilizes to the point where the natives won't have kids, foreigners will do it for them.

There will be no "new Africa, etc." Africa is its own continent; Middle East is its own region. Just like North America did not become "new Britain, new France, new Spain" even when white people came over and foisted themselves upon the indigenous people.

"Indigenous Japanese people will dwindle to non-existence in 1000 years, so we must ensure that happens even earlier like it did when the white man 'foisted himself' upon the indigenous Ameri-Indian."

Last edited:

iBuzzati

Why would it happen earlier?

He's saying Japanese people are on track to completely die off in the future and are not replacing themselves and therefore, "foreigners will do the job for them". Immigration will not ensure the survival of the Japanese people, just like Spain conquering South America did not suddenly give rise to millions more Spanish people. This is not rocket science.

Last edited:

Kadayi

Banned
Fears of overpopulation are unfounded. A hoax.

The world has enough resources to sustain everyone.

Utter BS. Get an education you fraud. Honestly, I don't know how you're able to even look at yourself straight in the mirror given some of the garbage you spew here. The world doesn't have remotely enough resources to sustain itself given our out of control population growth and present levels of supply and demand are only maintained by a global infrastructure whose mainstay is a limited resource, that we are a long way from being able to effectively replace. If you had half a clue about present levels of global population density you might comprehend this reality, but of course, you seemingly can't think beyond your own national interest.

I find it hilarious that once the suggestion is that the US of all places should do its part in taking migrants, the discussion is off the table. Ironic given current events in the middle east since WWII are almost all in large part a result of the US governments perpetual meddling in the area (often at the behest of either Saudi Arabia or Israel). Yet somehow this is 'reparations' that Europe is due.....

Last edited:
Oh like Ethiopia (for example) which lurches from one famine to another whilst its population total explodes to completely unsustainable levels? Meanwhile, your Japan statistics are hilarious, considering your projection is based on 1000 years at current birthrates. I'm sorry, but there reaches a point where a conversation is no longer possible when faced with such bizarre opinions as yours.

You highlight famine in that country as a "gotcha" but you're not as smart as you think you are. 13 million children in America are at risk of going hungry. Compared to the 15 million Ethiopians. So either America is ****-tier, or Ethiopia is doing fine.

Additionally, any famine in any given area of the world means nothing when I say there are enough resources for everyone. America imports more than any other country, we have larger serving sizes than any other country (and thus, are the fattest), and we waste more than any other country. When one region undergoes a famine, food/aid could be sent, but like I said already, greed triumphs.

you do realize that if you replace the Japanese with non Japanese people the Japanese are still going to die out right? foreigners just replace the native population, they don't magically turn into Japanese people
also
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Spain

If a Pakistani woman immigrates to America and becomes a citizen, she is a dual-citizen. America does not become "New Paki" when this happens, but the culture she brings now becomes part of American culture.

Change is good.

Stagnancy is bad.

New Spain is like Great Britain. I have already mentioned imperialism and post-colonialist in this thread.

The chickens are coming home to roost.

iBuzzati

Y

If a Pakistani woman immigrates to America and becomes a citizen, she is a dual-citizen. America does not become "New Paki" when this happens, but the culture she brings now becomes part of American culture.

Change is good.

Stagnancy is bad.

New Spain is like Great Britain. I have already mentioned imperialism and post-colonialist in this thread.

That's not how it works in Japan - government policy and polls show a united coalescing of perception - the Japanese overwhelmingly see their nation as an expression of their ethnic identity. It's not even remotely like how you're describing nationality. You have a very Ameri/Eurocentric view of what constitutes a nation-state and national identity, and what you're doing is what you folks call, "cultural imperialism." You're leveraging a normative morality of what it means to be "Japanese" over a people that never acknowledged that "change is good". My question to you is, why are you so motivated to subvert the expectations and desires of a people thousands of miles away on a remote island? You have no stake in the problems of Japan nor do you have any experience or accreditation in solving their problems.

"The chickens are coming home to roost"? Why are all your posts implying a motivation in anger and revenge? It's confusing because I thought your immigration "solutions" were meant to help the nation, not hurt it. Maybe this whole immigration schpiel is a guise for a kind of contempt that you feel? Try to let things go, man. My countrymen and my neighboring countrymen were tortured, brutalized, and enslaved by African Moors for 400 years, yet I feel no compunction or need to whistle the "chickens home to roost", as you say.

Dunki

You highlight famine in that country as a "gotcha" but you're not as smart as you think you are. 13 million children in America are at risk of going hungry. Compared to the 15 million Ethiopians. So either America is ****-tier, or Ethiopia is doing fine.

Additionally, any famine in any given area of the world means nothing when I say there are enough resources for everyone. America imports more than any other country, we have larger serving sizes than any other country (and thus, are the fattest), and we waste more than any other country. When one region undergoes a famine, food/aid could be sent, but like I said already, greed triumphs.

Change is good.

Stagnancy is bad.

Change is good too much immigration is not.

Or would you call this here good.

1. Many schools in Germany have no a immigartion percentage of 80-90%
2. Therefore the education level has sunken drastically
3. Many schools are follow now the law of the Islam. And this is not a joke. Young boys tell women how they have to dress in school. They are threatening Jewish chidlren at earliest as elemtry school with cuttiong of their heads.
4. Jewish people are offically not advised to wear their Kippa in Berlin.
5 The percentage of child marriges and circumsition on girls have risen.
6. The overall climate is terrible right now in Germany and this goes for every side, every nation etc. Tukish people hate germans, right wing people hate immigrants, Antifa ahates everyone they do not agree with.
7. Rescue people getting now attacked by doing their job.
8. Almost every day we have mass brawls due to family clan disputes
10. There are now places for women they should NEVER EVER go to at night alone. This was not a thing 10 years ago.
11. We have places the post does not deliver to anymore because it has become to dangerous
12. The younger generation of Tuks have been radicalized many wish even for sharia law as law of the land-
13 There are places which have their own laws and justice system based on the Sharia.

And I could go on and on. What you need to understand that the people the US gets are nothing like the ones we have now. US or Canada are chosing what they want to get. We get while also good people also every TRASH imaginable
We had cases of Trans people getting attacked in Dortmund in which these people wanting to stone them. What you are talking about has NOTHING to do with the problems Europe is now facing.

Kadayi

Banned

You know that "going Hungry" isn't remotely on the same level as actual famine right? With famine, It's not a case of there being plenty of food to feed people, but the poor not being able to afford it, but there just not being enough food to feed people at all?

That's your argument for there being enough resources to go around? US citizens are fat, therefore everything is grand? Are you fucking kidding me.

bunk-the-wire.gif

What do you mean by that...everything you are is a result of what's come before you both good and bad. You must suffer from some serious self-loathing if your entire mindset is to see everything burn down.

Enosh

she becomes an american citizen yes, if she went to Japan she would also become a Japanese citizen, but she wouldn't become Japanese, just like a mouse born in a barn isn't a horse

and again, there we have it, it's about revenge, always remember just how much they hate you and want you dead

TTOOLL

Japan is on pace to literally go extinct because of its nationalist lean. Can't even replace it's own population.

Culture in America is not monolithic, so when one speaks of nationalism, they are ostensibly talking about the white imaginary.

You gotta be kidding me.

That's not how it works in Japan - government policy and polls show a united coalescing of perception - the Japanese overwhelmingly see their nation as an expression of their ethnic identity. It's not even remotely like how you're describing nationality. You have a very Ameri/Eurocentric view of what constitutes a nation-state and national identity, and what you're doing is what you folks call, "cultural imperialism." You're leveraging a normative morality of what it means to be "Japanese" over a people that never acknowledged that "change is good". My question to you is, why are you so motivated to subvert the expectations and desires of a people thousands of miles away on a remote island? You have no stake in the problems of Japan nor do you have any experience or accreditation in solving their problems.

"The chickens are coming home to roost"? Why are all your posts implying a motivation in anger and revenge? It's confusing because I thought your immigration "solutions" were meant to help the nation, not hurt it. Maybe this whole immigration schpiel is a guise for a kind of contempt that you feel? Try to let things go, man. My countrymen and my neighboring countrymen were tortured, brutalized, and enslaved by African Moors for 400 years, yet I feel no compunction or need to whistle the "chickens home to roost", as you say.

Because you didn't read what I said about Japan the first time, let me quote myself:

I don't really care about solving Japan's problems. I mentioned the as an poignant, example the end-game to nationalism in a modernized, industrial nation, that didn't even need to purge foreigners because there aren't that many: it's not sustainable, and the population of the country is literally dying.

If "The chickens are coming home to roost" isn't palatable to you, perhaps "What you so, so shall you reap" is more agreeable, and you can focus on God instead of me.

she becomes an american citizen yes, if she went to Japan she would also become a Japanese citizen, but she wouldn't become Japanese, just like a mouse born in a barn isn't a horse

and again, there we have it, it's about revenge, always remember just how much they hate you and want you dead

A Japanese citizen is Japanese just as an American citizen is American.

But it appears that you believe in second-class citizenship. Noted.

iBuzzati

The laws in Japan, as far as I know, are not set up to discriminate between Ethnic Japanese and non-ethnic Japanese citizens. That criticism may hold water in some places (Israel, South Africa, Zimbabwe, etc) but in Japan, there are no "second-class citizens" in the eye of the law. That said, you think the idea of a Japanese person doesn't exist? Like, ethnicity is an ephemeral concept based on where your feet are standing at the moment? Because all Enosh is saying is that ethnicity and nationhood are inextricably linked in Japan by an acknowledged notion of identity - with no implication about the government treating people differently based on ethnicity like say, South Africa or Zimbabwe.

Last edited:

oagboghi2

I just don't see how this is sustainable. Europe can't take in everyone and its already cracking under the weight of this migrant crisis. At one point this better life isn't going to be that much better anymore if this continues.

And how many able bodied young men are these countries losing! These countries are going to have difficulties as well. Young able bodied men are the bedrock of any country.
It's a part of this story that isn't touched upon. Those countries are going through a literal brain drain.

oagboghi2

Change is good.

Stagnancy is bad.

13 million children are going hungry in the country with the highest level of childhood obesity......

Kadayi

Banned
If "The chickens are coming home to roost" isn't palatable to you, perhaps "What you so, so shall you reap" is more agreeable, and you can focus on God instead of me.

What is this weird obsession of yours with this idea that present-day people are somehow accountable to other present-day people for things that happened outside of their lifetimes or their forefathers? Your interpretation is off.

Let's correct some things for you here, firstly it's not "So", it's "Sow" as in the planting of seeds. Secondly, its a commentary on the idea of how you conduct yourself in life in your interactions will come back to you. It's not some something that extrapolates to ideas of nation-state when it comes to accountability, least of all for events that occurred long before most people were born.

Last edited:

iBuzzati

It's a part of this story that isn't touched upon. Those countries are going through a literal brain drain.

Yep. I read an article in NYT about a year ago that noted that 53% of Moldovan doctors have left the country in 4 years. Can you imagine losing half of your entire nations doctors in 4 years? Eastern Europeans and Africans aren't stupid, they're just in an infinite flux of lost talent. Worse, Over 25% of all Nigerian doctors have left the country to work in the US and the UK. They have only about 10 percent of the physicians its population size requires practicing in the country. Extrapolate these numbers to other high-skilled labor professions. A common bigoted notion repeated in Italy that Southern Italians were dumber than Northern Italians because of the wealth disparity, but when all a qualified person has to do is get in a car and drive an hour or two north to make twice as much money, what do you expect? Some people in America have daily commutes that are as lengthy a traversal as the geographical disparity of wealth disparity in Italy. There is a macro-level cost to mass immigration that people don't address.

The irony is that people on the left will accuse anti-immigration policies as systemically racist and oppressive, and yet they are one of the few ameliorating forces that ensure more national equity in post-colonial global capitalism. Investors don't gamble on the emerging markets because they know that there is an inherent liability with these kinds of predictable exoduses.

Last edited:

oagboghi2

Yep. I read an article in NYT about a year ago that noted that 53% of Moldovan doctors have left the country in 4 years. Can you imagine losing half of your entire nations doctors in 4 years? Eastern Europeans and Africans aren't stupid, they're just in an infinite flux of lost talent. Worse, Over 25% of all Nigerian doctors have left the country to work in the US and the UK. They have only about 10 percent of the physicians its population size requires practicing in the country. Extrapolate these numbers to other high-skilled labor professions. A common bigoted notion repeated in Italy that Southern Italians were dumber than Northern Italians because of the wealth disparity, but when all a qualified person has to do is get in a car and drive an hour or two north to make twice as much money, what do you expect? Some people in America have daily commutes that are as lengthy a traversal as the geographical disparity of wealth disparity in Italy. There is a macro-level cost to mass immigration that people don't address.

The irony is that people on the left will accuse anti-immigration policies as systemically racist and oppressive, and yet they are one of the few ameliorating forces that ensure more national equity in post-colonial global capitalism. Investors don't gamble on the emerging markets because they know that there is an inherent liability with these kinds of predictable exoduses.
The left doesn't care about the countries they are leaving. They want power, and they know that these immigrants coming in represent power in the future. Those doctors,engineers,etc etc leaving the middle East and Africa will likely retain those titles again, and once they are settled in will see the left as their political home for the rest of this life.

In California, we called Democrats who supported open borders as "importing future voters" as far back as 25 years ago, and we were right. I see the same thing happening in Europe.

The migrants will come in, people will fight back for a while, but eventually they will give up, and the new migrants will have children who vow allegiance to the left. Nevermind their old country is completely fucking dead.

Any other talk about nationalism or birth rates or whatever is nonsense.

Last edited:
I don't really care about solving Japan's problems. I mentioned the as an poignant, example the end-game to nationalism in a modernized, industrial nation, that didn't even need to purge foreigners because there aren't that many: it's not sustainable, and the population of the country is literally dying.

-Europe is a continent, not a culture

-White is not a culture or ethnicity, but a race.

In the Americas, we witnessed Irish, Italian, Polish, German, etc etc etc people immigrate here at the end of the 19th century and the beginning of the 20th. They overwhelmingly gave up their ethnic identities to take on the fabrication of whiteness, as white = good, everything else (especially black) = bad.

White supremacy is American Nationalism. There is no legitimate defense for it.

I agree that Europe is not a culture, because it's too big to be a culture. It's made up of many cultures.

However, "white" is a skin color. It's a generalization of many races. Kind of like when you hear the words "brown people" these days. But white Americans and black Americans have both a culture and an ethnicity. The idea that children of Irish, Italian, Polish, German, etc immigrants no longer have a culture or ethnicity because they decided to mix together is absurd. It's like saying you put a bunch of ingredients in a pot, so now the pot is empty. No, there's just a new thing there.

A quick wikipedia definition:

An ethnic group, or an ethnicity, is a category of people who identify with each other based on similarities such as common ancestry, language, history, society, culture or nation.[1][2] Ethnicity is usually an inherited status based on the society in which one lives. Membership of an ethnic group tends to be defined by a shared cultural heritage, ancestry, origin myth, history, homeland, language or dialect, symbolic systems such as religion, mythology and ritual, cuisine, dressing style, art, and physical appearance.
It's why I feel the term "African American" is usually quite inappropriate. People who live in the US shouldn't have a qualifier put on the word American. Black people who live in America are every bit as much of Americans as white people.

White supremacy is American Nationalism. There is no legitimate defense for it.

There's no defense for white supremacy, but that can be a very different thing than American Nationalism. I would think any sane and non-racist view of whatever American Nationalism is would absolutely include black people. How could it not? It wouldn't make any sense to suggest otherwise, not that racism makes sense. But xenophobia is just a possible negative result of nationalism, not a requirement.

Another wikipedia definition:

Nationalism is a political, social, and economic system characterized by the promotion of the interests of a particular nation, especially with the aim of gaining and maintaining sovereignty (self-governance) over thehomeland. The political ideology of nationalism holds that a nation should govern themselves, free from outside interference, and is linked to the concept of self-determination. Nationalism is further oriented towards developing and maintaining a national identity based on shared, social characteristics, such as culture and language, religionand politics, and a belief in a common ancestry.[1][2] Nationalism, therefore, seeks to preserve a nation's culture, by way of pride in national achievements, and is closely linked to patriotism, which, in some cases, includes the belief that the nation should control the country's government and the means of production.[3]​

"We're doing just fine on our own, and we don't want you people in our country" is nationalism.

"Welcome to America, where we're self-governed and don't rely on outside help" is also nationalism.

Last edited:

Michele

you.
Wow, this thread is getting a bit popular.

I'm saying this because I'm one of the Italian peoples, I live in Italy. So, this issue might not be as serious for you in other countries, but for us Italian that's serious issue. Like, they messed up there.

JordanN

Banned

Change is good.

Stagnancy is bad.
I digress.

Have you heard of the term "assimilation"? Do you know why this word exists?
There's a good reason to fear open borders and mass immigration. Because not everyone who moves to another country is willing to follow or adopt the norms of it and instead, follow their own customs.

And when you have these incidents happen in great numbers, you end up with what are essentially foreign enclaves but on native soil.

Japan will always be Japan because its people share a long history together and absolutely care about seeing what's best for their country. Does this mean that anyone who moves to Japan wont share such values? No.
But you're living in fantasy land if you believe a Tokyo that was only 30% native Japanese and 70% foreign ethnic group, wouldn't be an entirely different city.

As a real example, in Canada, there already exists certain enclaves which differ from the rest of the country. As a result, it has brought new levels of friction that never existed before when the country was 90% or more European.
British Colombia literally has to pass laws about what languages can be displayed.
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/richmond-signs-chinese-english-1.4150456

Do you think Japan ever has to worry about passing laws worrying about whether Japanese will continued to be spoken as a language? No. So why should Western countries have to start giving up their demographics that influences that?

Last edited:

TrainedRage

Banned

LOL you're serious aren't you? Having citizenship does not make you ethnically part of that country. So if I go live in China for a few months I'm considered Chinese? Like I can put that on my resume and applications, that i'm Asian now? You know how ridiculous that sounds right?

Kadayi

Banned
No. So why should Western countries have to start giving up their demographics that influences that?

I think the answer is some nebulous idea of 'payback' payback for what exactly isn't entirely clear though. The presumption seems to be that it's because of colonialism, despite the fact that the migrant crisis is really the result of US Governments meddling in the Middle East since WWII as a means to prop up the Oil/Dollar hegemony. But yeah, Europes somehow accountable because of *reasons*.

Last edited:

JordanN

Banned
Why are y'all so obsessed with ethnicity?
I'm not obsessed, outside of opposing the double standards of which group of people are allowed their own nations and who isn't.
Quite clearly, my Canada example proves the threat of demographic changes and its affects on society are quite real.

None of this should make me "racist/white nationalist/bad faith" when you look at a country like Japan and no one seems to mind that Tokyo is 99% Japanese. Yet how come only European countries have to give up their homogeneous status?

Last edited:

Famine is not caused by greed. It's caused by people who don't provide enough value to sustain themselves. Humans are part of nature just like everything else.

Adapt or die.

bucyou

you guys are arguing with a special kind of crazy that was extreme enough to get banned on that other site

zumphry

Banned
I'm not obsessed, outside of opposing the double standards of which group of people are allowed their own nations and who isn't.
Quite clearly, my Canada example proves the threat of demographic changes and its affects on society are quite real.

None of this should make me "racist/white nationalist/bad faith" when you look at a country like Japan and no one seems to mind that Tokyo is 99% Japanese. Yet how come only European countries have to give up their homogeneous status?

nobody wants to move to japan

JordanN

Banned
The Inuit/First Nations are in a bad state, huh?
Now imagine when both Canadian & Inuit are in a bad state because there are no borders to protect either group?
You need to start thinking more through with your arguments.

nobody wants to move to japan
And why do you think it's like that?
It can't be becuase the country has nothing to offer. Japan is the 3rd most prosperous nation in the world.

Last edited:

MrRogers

Be aware, moderation is not fond of these type of negative contributions. So all the participants in the thread consider carefully what you share in this topic. Thank you.
Jesus, ive never seen a bloodier curb stomp than the one phoenix dark just recieved. He got banned at reeee and probably went back to the whore..? that reee reject board, cant remember its name. To suck his thumb, and go "can you believe those NASIZss!"

Ive traveled to Europe consistenty over the last 15 years, and anyone who doesn't have their head up their ass, can see that mass migration is destroying it from within, and every year the pace ramps up.

Last edited:
ive never seen a bloodier curb stomp than the one...

Could you please not do that. I've enjoyed having an actual debate and conversation with Phoenix and several other posters who I disagree with, and I'd like this forum to have a wealth of opinions. There's no reason to be disrespectful.

Alx

Ive traveled to Europe consistenty over the last 15 years, and anyone who doesn't have their head up their ass, can see that mass migration is destroying it from within, and every year the pace ramps up.

Eh, I've lived in Europe for the last 40 years and visited most of its countries, and I can tell you that's not true. Sure there are some issues that are correlated to migration, but migration isn't even the main factor for it. International politics are a much more direct cause, and will target local population and migrants alike. It's not about the flow of refugees, but the spread of hateful ideologies through different media,

ruvikx

Banned
Eh, I've lived in Europe for the last 40 years and visited most of its countries, and I can tell you that's not true. Sure there are some issues that are correlated to migration, but migration isn't even the main factor for it. International politics are a much more direct cause, and will target local population and migrants alike. It's not about the flow of refugees, but the spread of hateful ideologies through different media,

Are you kidding me? Areas of our cities & towns which used to be pleasant, crime free zones have been literally taken over by large communities of people who don't even speak the language. They also practice a foreign religion, dress (literally) in foreign clothes & do not make any effort to assimilate. They're also by & large on welfare, so the entire "it's good for muh economy!" excuse also flies out the window.

You say 'hateful ideologies' are the cause, but let me tell you: walking in Toulouse, Marseille, Beziers, Castres etc has become more dangerous than ever before. Even the smaller rural areas are now getting a dose of 'diversity' in its ugliest form. It's the new wild west here, except without the freedom. I've heard so many make the same claim (i.e. Europe is still safe!), yet in all our cities women are getting raped at disgusting rates, people are mugged, attacked, hate is growing on all sides (tensions between ethnicities, religions & political sides is at an all time high) & as icing on the cake, Europe's countries are losing their actual culture & identity.

It's not good for anyone involved & has become the antethisis of respectful relations between the world's peoples, i.e. nations existed for a reason: people need their own space & land in which their society reflects their own mindsets. Cramming everyone into a small area in western Europe is insane.

Kadayi

Banned

Dude, please. Islam doesn't integrate. That's the plain truth of things. If you'd studied the religion, you'd realise it's inherent to the teachings., and isn't merely the result of fundamentalism being on the rise. As far as belief systems go it isn't sympatico with western liberalism and its adherents have no interest in participating in the democratic process beyond using it as a means to promote and legitimize their own archaic ideology.

Last edited:

andrespi

What? No absolutely not. I've lived in Italy (born in it) my whole life (and traveled extensively across europe and outside europe) and migration is the main cause; anyone who denies it is blind.

I mean my parent's house now is worth nothing because the area has been devasted by crime mostly committed by migrants; lost track of how many times houses have been robbed or destroyed (and 60% of times they have been arrested they were migrants) in the last 10 years. When I was younger (we are talking like 15-20 years ago) I think I heard only once of houses robbed like that between my extended family, unlike now that has become normal to have houses robbed.

The area in front of our train station is full of African drug dealers and at night it's so dangerous nobody goes there alone. When i was young (14-16 years old) I remember clearly I used to go alone at all times and there were no drug dealers.

Half of the bars and small restaurants in town have closed, replaced by kebab shop mostly run and visited by migrants (50% of times I visited them, they often don't even speak italian); some of the clients of those kebab barely even speak italian.

Between my family and close friends I think they have been robbed of their bags dozens of times (people get close to you while walking and then snitch your bag and run away) in the last 8-10 years. Every single time it clearly was an african migrant. I'm not talking about pickpocketing (which was common and always happened even when I was young), but forcefully removing your bag while walking or biking which is a lot worse and was not a common occurence in the north many years ago, while now it's the new "normal".

The neighborhood just adjacent to mine where I live has become a cesspool because they converted an old military base in a shelter specifically for migrants. Crime and robberies are rampant and drug dealing has become common ever since they opened it, but sure let's keep telling ourselves that it's a coincidence that those two things happened at the same time.

I live in the north of Italy, but in the south it's even worse. My grandparents and aunts live in a small town in the south and it's even worse (I often go to visit them). The trains connecting the small town to the closest large town are always full of immigrants who don't pay the tickets. Once they even unleashed a full fight with station employees about this. Got really scared that time. This is a small town (less than 10K people), unlike the one where I live in the north, where until 10 years ago it was virtually crime-free (when i was young my family used to leave the house door unlocked or open when at home so neighbours and relatives could come in during the day anytime to visit; I'm not joking! they did it for real! Now they don't do anymore), and I remember it clearly whenever I visited them during summer in my youth years. Just last month my father (who was there to visit) got harassed by an immigrant in front of the supermarket asking for the coin inside the shopping cart. Many years ago, this was rare; sure it happened also in those times but not with the frequency it happens now.

This is even without talking about the women in the city centre who goes full covered with nikab/burqa with which we shouldn't be ok with this practice; I mean we are in the west, people must be recognizable when in public places. Never seen them in person when I was a child, now it's absolutely normal when walking in the city centre.

Or shocked by the fact that christmas songs have been taken away, because they offend their muslim students. I'm atheist, but even I recognize the catholic roots in Italy, and a lot of people are still fervent catholics in the south. i was shocked when I heard that some schools have stoppped those songs because they offend muslims, in a few cases after request by the local muslim community. Absolutely crazy. Nobody is forcing their children to sing christian songs, but I don't see why you can't allow others to sing them or to assemble a nativity scene.

Last edited:

Alx

Dude, please. Islam doesn't integrate. That's the plain truth of things. If you'd studied the religion, you'd realise it's inherent to the teachings., and isn't merely the result of fundamentalism being on the rise. As far as belief systems go it isn't sympatico with western liberalism and its adherents have no interest in participating in the democratic process beyond using it as a means to promote and legitimize their own archaic ideology.

Well I'm taking France as my reference since it's my own country, and as a matter of fact the one with the largest Muslim community, mostly because of its colonial history.
The thing is, there has been constant immigration from Muslim countries since the 60s. Islam extremism itself has mostly been an issue since the 90s, end even more clearly so since 2000. Why so ? Not because of people entering the country, but because of external political/military groups spreading their propaganda around the world, and trying to find an echo in the local populations. They're mostly fueled by events happening in other countries (Algeria, Israel/Palestine, Iraq, Syria, Lybia,...)
So yeah sometimes those ideas spread through people entering the country, but more often they do through internet, preachers and word to mouth. I'm pretty sure social networks have much more impact on the phenomenon than migration. As a consequence a lot of extremist behaviour is observed among locals, whose parents or grandparents may have been migrants, but who were born and raised locally. Those are actually easier targets, because they're often living in poor conditions (one of the major failures of the country), and are happy to find someone pretending to care about them.

As for A andrespi 's message about Italy, I don't deny there is a major issue with migration accumulating in Italy more than anywhere else. I can also say that there are much more people sleeping and panhandling in the streets in Paris than there used to be. It's definitely something that should be handled at EU level, and it comes with a lot of inconvenience (like trains full of freeloaders or areas overcrowded with people who don't speak the language). But I can't say it's "destroying the country from within", no more than the Calais jungle has been destroying France. There is a major issue, sure, but handling it as if we were at war against foreigners isn't the right way.

ruvikx

Banned
Well I'm taking France as my reference since it's my own country, and as a matter of fact the one with the largest Muslim community, mostly because of its colonial history.
The thing is, there has been constant immigration from Muslim countries since the 60s. Islam extremism itself has mostly been an issue since the 90s, end even more clearly so since 2000. Why so ? Not because of people entering the country, but because of external political/military groups spreading their propaganda around the world, and trying to find an echo in the local populations. They're mostly fueled by events happening in other countries (Algeria, Israel/Palestine, Iraq, Syria, Lybia,...)

The numbers - small at first - ensured those new arrivals in the 1960's had to assimilate to a certain degree just to get along (it was still barebones, i.e. merely linguistic assimilation), likewise the welfare state wasn't as massive & easily abusable as it is now ergo the flood wasn't too great. Yet, as their numbers grew so did their propensity to simply replicate their North African social structure within France. It's a matter of numbers & as they grow, France no longer influences their culture & social outlook.

Also, any evident hateful ideologies were not imported later, no, they arrived with them & gestated within the banlieues where no one dares go anyone. Voilà, that's all. No-go areas are everywhere & entire sections of cities have been literally colonized & conquered by a foreign people who survive on welfare paid for by white French taxpayers. C'est pas normal.

It's also not just a religious issue but something far more serious, i.e. we're talking about populations far, far behind Europe in terms of enlightenment who're 'expected' to get along as soon as they land here. I mean hallo? Europe had centuries between the so called 'dark ages' & modern times in which the enlightenment era & other secular, liberal ideas spread progressively through the continent. Yet these modern liberals believe they can throw sub-Saharan Africans & Muslims into 2018 western Europe & suddenly they'll behave & think the same as us... via skipping hundreds of years of cultural evolution.

It cannot work.

Alx

The numbers - small at first - ensured those new arrivals in the 1960's had to assimilate to a certain degree just to get along (it was still barebones, i.e. merely linguistic assimilation), likewise the welfare state wasn't as massive & easily abusable as it is now ergo the flood wasn't too great. Yet, as their numbers grew so did their propensity to simply replicate their North African social structure within France. It's a matter of numbers & as they grow, France no longer influences their culture & social outlook.

The population of foreigners from North Africa actually peaked in the 70s, and had been stable or even decreasing for a while.
etrangers-residant-en-france.jpg

Dunki

So yeah sometimes those ideas spread through people entering the country, but more often they do through internet, preachers and word to mouth. I'm pretty sure social networks have much more impact on the phenomenon than migration. As a consequence a lot of extremist behaviour is observed among locals, whose parents or grandparents may have been migrants, but who were born and raised locally. Those are actually easier targets, because they're often living in poor conditions (one of the major failures of the country), and are happy to find someone pretending to care about them.

As for A andrespi 's message about Italy, I don't deny there is a major issue with migration accumulating in Italy more than anywhere else. I can also say that there are much more people sleeping and panhandling in the streets in Paris than there used to be. It's definitely something that should be handled at EU level, and it comes with a lot of inconvenience (like trains full of freeloaders or areas overcrowded with people who don't speak the language). But I can't say it's "destroying the country from within", no more than the Calais jungle has been destroying France. There is a major issue, sure, but handling it as if we were at war against foreigners isn't the right way.
IS it a war? No of course not but it i not a small issue or should just be put away. And if you mentioning Calais you can not say that this is not a HUGE problem when Trucker are getting daily attacked by violent immigrants while the police just watches maybe arrest them for a few hours and then they are back to terrorize these people.

And I will say it again. These are not refugees they have NO RIGHT to get asylum they are not fleeing from war. ANd because of this we need to close our borders and make a statement that oyu hav no chance of getting into Europe. like this. As long as Europe will accept people they will come over and over again.

Last edited:

ruvikx

Banned
The population of foreigners from North Africa actually peaked in the 70s, and had been stable or even decreasing for a while.
etrangers-residant-en-france.jpg

What are these joke numbers? Insee once again going full #fakenews just to downplay a massive problem. Just back in 2008, there were nearly 12 million foreign born immigrants & their descendants in this country (a number which has ballooned since): http://worldpopulationreview.com/countries/france-population/

France Immigration
Like many of its neighbors, France represents a huge attraction for immigration and when statistics were released in 2008, it was reported that 11.8 million foreign born immigrants and their immediate descendants were residents in the country; a figure which accounted for around 19% of the total population of the time.
Exact figures in relation to this are slightly hampered by the fact that it is illegal for the French state as an entity to compile statistics when it comes to race and ethnicity. Data in relation to this is therefore supplied by independent agencies such as INED and INSEE.

The whole Syria 'refugee' farce was even more insulting, i.e. when hundreds of thousands of Muslims & blacks landed here without anyone asking "hey, are you actually Syrian?", because that would be racist!

Pro-tip: some of us use our own eyes & the actual content of the news (whether from left or right wing outlets) means nothing because we can see the reality on the ground for ourselves. I mean FYI, North Korea's government deem their own economy 'great' & country full of happiness. Macron & co are cut from the same cloth, i.e. liars.

Alx

IS it a war? No of course not but it i not a small issue or should just be put away. And if you mentioning Calais you can not say that this is not a HUGE problem when Trucker are getting daily attacked by violent immigrants while the police just watches maybe arrest them for a few hours and then they are back to terrorize these people.

I think I said it already but I can repeat it : yes it is a problem and something has to be done. But the statement that "it's destroying the country from within" is wrong and only fuels other hatreds (hence the rise of far right in Europe), that won't do anything to solve the real issues.

What are these joke numbers? Insee once again going full #fakenews just to downplay a massive problem. Just back in 2008, there were nearly 12 million foreign born immigrants & their descendants in this country (a number which has ballooned since): http://worldpopulationreview.com/countries/france-population/

Keyword : "and their descendants". Descendants of migrants are full citizens. I'm one myself and am nothing but French, born and raised.
And indeed descendants of migrants are targeted by foreign propaganda, hence why the issue is in the latter and not migration itself.

Last edited:

ruvikx

Banned
I think I said it already but I can repeat it : yes it is a problem and something has to be done. But the statement that "it's destroying the country from within" is wrong and only fuels other hatreds (hence the rise of far right in Europe), that won't do anything to solve the real issues.

Keyword : "and their descendants". Descendants of migrants are full citizens. I'm one myself and am nothing but French, born and raised.

In which case you're an exception, not the rule. I often see this cited as a reason 'why' everything is peachy & okay, i.e. "I know a friendly immigrant/son of immigrant who works hard, therefor immigration is good!". Such people cannot see the forest for the trees. For each & everyone (yourself presumably) who assimilates & blends into France, boom, there's a mass who have zero intention of doing so. No amount of policymaking or money spent on them to make them 'adapt' will fix this problem (haven't you noticed the situation is worsening & every socialistic law passed by successive governments never works in those communities?).

Here's the crux: they make a choice not to adapt, i.e. they're not victims of foreign propaganda but merely alien to Europe's people & way of life. They're happier in their own comfort zone based upon their own identity. That's fine, but only if they're back in their own homeland. As it stands, it's a colonization which we're paying for with our own (high) taxes.

It's especially sick insofar as they're not grateful at all & are on the contrary extremely aggressive & hostile towards us, i.e. the native population who pays their welfare & endures torrents of abuse from the establishment when we 'dare' complain.

Last edited:

Dunki

I can nothing say about France but I can speak of Germany and here is does.

Level of education is drastically falling
HUGE housing problems,
No Kindergarten spots
Law of Islam is becoming common on German School yards
radicalisation of society in all aspects. Left, right, and religious
Rescue people getting attacked constantly
mass brawls every day

And so on. So yes it slowy destroys the Country how it was. We know have an immigration percentage of 30 percent School are mostly immigrant children. Wait 30 years and if this goes like now and we would have sharia law I am not joking. But thankfully through this pushback right now this is the worst case scenario that will not happen.

If all we need to follow Austria in terms how to fight the radical Islam in Europe.

Last edited:

Alx

In which case you're an exception, not the rule. I often see this cited as a reason 'why' everything is peachy & okay, i.e. "I know a friendly immigrant/son of immigrant who works hard, therefor immigration is good!". Such people cannot see the forest for the trees. For each & everyone (yourself presumably) who assimilates & blends into France, boom, there's a mass who have zero intention of doing so. No amount of policymaking or money spent on them to make them 'adapt' will fix this problem (haven't you noticed the situation is worsening & every socialistic law passed by successive governments never works in those communities?).

Here's the crux: they make a choice not to adapt, i.e. they're not victims of foreign propaganda but merely alien to Europe's people & way of life. They're happier in their own comfort zone based upon their own identity. That's fine, but only if they're back in their own homeland. As it stands, it's a colonization which we're paying for with our own (high) taxes.

It's especially sick insofar as they're not grateful at all & are on the contrary extremely aggressive & hostile towards us, i.e. the native population who pays their welfare & endures torrents of abuse from the establishment when we 'dare' complain.

I'm not saying all other descendants of migrants are like me, except that they were also born and raised in France. So the issue isn't a migration one, since they didn't migrate. You don't solve that issue by controlling migration, but by understanding why some people choose to follow foreign influence rather than local culture to which they've been exposed all their life.
Hostility against migration is actually counter-productive, because one of the key arguments of hateful propaganda is "they don't care about you and hate you for who you are", which actually becomes true if we start considering all descendants of migrants as "potential destroyers of our country". It's the old and tried "us versus them" mentality that can only make things worse with time, closing communities and fueling stereotypes and hatred.

iBuzzati

What? No absolutely not. I've lived in Italy (born in it) my whole life (and traveled extensively across europe and outside europe) and migration is the main cause; anyone who denies it is blind.

I mean my parent's house now is worth nothing because the area has been devasted by crime mostly committed by migrants; lost track of how many times houses have been robbed or destroyed (and 60% of times they have been arrested they were migrants) in the last 10 years. When I was younger (we are talking like 15-20 years ago) I think I heard only once of houses robbed like that between my extended family, unlike now that has become normal to have houses robbed.

The area in front of our train station is full of African drug dealers and at night it's so dangerous nobody goes there alone. When i was young (14-16 years old) I remember clearly I used to go alone at all times and there were no drug dealers.

Half of the bars and small restaurants in town have closed, replaced by kebab shop mostly run and visited by migrants (50% of times I visited them, they often don't even speak italian); some of the clients of those kebab barely even speak italian.

Between my family and close friends I think they have been robbed of their bags dozens of times (people get close to you while walking and then snitch your bag and run away) in the last 8-10 years. Every single time it clearly was an african migrant. I'm not talking about pickpocketing (which was common and always happened even when I was young), but forcefully removing your bag while walking or biking which is a lot worse and was not a common occurence in the north many years ago, while now it's the new "normal".

The neighborhood just adjacent to mine where I live has become a cesspool because they converted an old military base in a refugee for migrants. Crime and robberies are rampant and drug dealing has become common ever since they opened it, but sure let's keep telling ourselves that it's a coincidence that those two things happened at the same time.

I live in the north of Italy, but in the south it's even worse. My grandparents and aunts live in a small town in the south and it's even worse (I often go to visit them). The trains connecting the small town to the closest large town are always full of immigrants who don't pay the tickets. Once they even unleashed a full fight with station employees about this. Got really scared that time. This is a small town (less than 10K people), unlike the one where I live in the north, where until 10 years ago it was virtually crime-free (when i was young my family used to leave the house door unlocked or open when at home so neighbours and relatives could come in during the day anytime to visit; I'm not joking! they did it for real! Now they don't do anymore), and I remember it clearly whenever I visited them during summer in my youth years. Just last month my father (who was there to visit) got harassed by an immigrant in front of the supermarket asking for the coin inside the shopping cart. Many years ago, this was rare; sure it happened also in those times but not with the frequency it happens now.

This is even without talking about the women in the city centre who goes full covered with nikab/burqa with which we shouldn't be ok with this practice; I mean we are in the west, people must be recognizable when in public places. Never seen them in person when I was a child, now it's absolutely normal when walking in the city centre.

Or shocked by the fact that christmas songs have been taken away, because they offend their muslim students. I'm atheist, but even I recognize the catholic roots in Italy, and a lot of people are still fervent catholics in the south. i was shocked when I heard that some schools have stoppped those songs because they offend muslims, in a few cases after request by the local muslim community. Absolutely crazy. Nobody is forcing their children to sing christian songs, but I don't see why you can't allow others to sing them or to assemble a nativity scene.

It's bad. And what's worse is when you try to explain your experiences, people like T theignoramus thumb their nose at you and tell you that you're scapegoating or that you're not perceiving things as they truly are. Patronizing from the comfort of another country, reaffirming the idealistic confirmation bias via a few Google searches while everyone here suffers for it. It's despicable. Anyway, it looks like all of us are in this together, in the same boat, dealing with it - Italians, French, German, etc. Hope you're hanging in there, man.

Last edited:

Dunki

I'm not saying all other descendants of migrants are like me, except that they were also born and raised in France. So the issue isn't a migration one, since they didn't migrate. You don't solve that issue by controlling migration, but by understanding why some people choose to follow foreign influence rather than local culture to which they've been exposed all their life.
Hostility against migration is actually counter-productive, because one of the key arguments of hateful propaganda is "they don't care about you and hate you for who you are", which actually becomes true if we start considering all descendants of migrants as "potential destroyers of our country". It's the old and tried "us versus them" mentality that can only make things worse with time, closing communities and fueling stereotypes and hatred.
Yes you have to control it.

And you also have to control every Mosque you have to abolish every Mosque that is financed by other countries like Turkey, Saudi ARabia, Iran etc. You only have to use Imans who were trained in Europe. You also need to make them liberal. Women are not sitting in the back even have differen entrances. EVERY man who demands that his wife should walk behind him should not be allowed to stay here. EVERY person who dienies their daughter to go oon school trips not allowing them to swim together with boys etc. has no right to stay here. FAmilies who force their daughters to marry some guy have no right to stay here. And of course the moment you do something like stealing, like robbery, rape, sexual assault etc. You should be deported in less than a week.

If you want to stay in the EU you have to follow OUR rules and laws. You have to accept that women are equal, that gays are equal and something I noticed more and more of becoming a big pproblem that jewish people are equal. If we want to get rid of hatred we need to establish a more western Islam with western morals and standards otherwise there will be always conflicts. And people who do not agree with these standards are free to go to Turke, Saudi Arabia, Iran etc. IF you do not act very strict right now its getting worse and worse we already have many communities living even outside of our laws in Germany (following sharia law). The only way to solve these issues is a no tollerant policy regading radical Islam.

Last edited:
Top Bottom