• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

It's (apparently) National Superhero Day in the US! Who's you're favorite?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Grew up with Xmen, Wolverine was my favorite. Found Batman TAS and it was amazing. Big fan of Batman and the MCU now. Wish DCU could find a foot hold.

Ottaro

The greatest.

4bhPug1.jpg

hGwtS2y.jpg

My favorite hero is All Might from My Hero Academia. From episode 1 you realize that he puts up a front so that others feel safe as he himself is afraid of the fights he encounters

All Might

There isn't a single hero cooler then All Might. A true symbol of peace. Saving people with a smile telling them

Fear not! Why? Because I AM HERE!

GO BEYOND! PLUS ULTRA!!!!

ryseing

Moon Knight.

Has an awesome real name (Marc Spector), awesome look, and a fascinating origin. The split personality stuff is something that isn't too often addressed in mainstream superhero comics. Plus, he'd rather take a punch than dish one out.

I would kill for a Netflix miniseries with MK just crimesolving in LA.

If anyone has any non Ellis runs they'd like to recommend, please do. His short run is my main exposure to the character and I'd love to read more if there are any standouts.

Some Nobody

Lol define "superhero"

Right? Latest episode of DB Super even had Goku say it: "I didn't do all this to save the world. I just wanted to fight strong guys."

Dude's literally imperiled the planet a few times because he wanted to fight someone strong.

And my answer is either Iron Man or Green Lantern. Suits of armor are awesome and Green Lantern could make anything he imagined. The Most Powerful Weapon in the Universe? Yeah, I'll take that.

Really GAF? Y'all slipping

2443585-gaf+man.png

Supes will always be the top.

1. Superman - just what he is and should represent
2. Flash - due to the absurd speeds he can get and also because those races were for charity
3. Spiderman - just the overall coolness
4. Doom - overall badassness
5. Batman - just a peak human doing superhero things, don't mind me

90s kid and spiderman was my main guy since the start. Spiderman looked cool, Peter Parker had a personality I could relate to and as well as a message I could appreciate. Older brother was a wolverine man so you can bet it was a good day when spiderman and wolverine would appear together in the cartoon series.

SpaceWolf

Banned
I'm not a fan of how they turned Batman (and Bruce) kinda dickish in The New Batman Adventures.

I was mostly using that picture as a visual means of presenting my answer as Batman and Superman, but I can see your point.

Dickish Batman in The New Batman Adventures had his moments, though.

Batman leaps down from a rooftop, only to discover Catwoman sitting in the passenger's seat of the Batmobile parked on the sidewalk.

Catwoman: (Grinning) About time you got here!

Batman jumps into the driver's seat.

Batman: Let me guess...you needed a warm place to spend the night?

Catwoman: Kind of!

Batman: I know of one.

Catwoman smiles hopefully.

Batman: Jail.

Catwoman's smile drops just as the doors lock and the Batmobile speeds off.

jrush64

Banned
There's only one.

tumblr_ona9uspqV21ru2f8mo1_500.gif

I do like Flash, Superman, Supergirl, Wonder Woman the Xmen lineup from the 90's cartoon and probably SpiderMan. I don't know much about Black Panther, but I like him so far from what i've seen.

Batman owns them all though.

Batman

I watched TAS when I was a kid, but my introduction to comic Batman was Hush. I would have been around 12 when that came out. Whenever I think Batman, Jim Lee's Batman is the first one that comes to mind. That comic made him one of my favorite characters

F5tfSeO.jpg

Snaku

Banned
What's this generic superhero day shit? It's Masters of the Universe Day, god dammit. MOTU fans just can't have anything, huh?

img_55076mb85.jpg

jph139

It's always been between Superman and Spider-Man in my heart. Daredevil in the same wheelhouse.

Recently though I've been super into the "all-powerful contemplative bald guy" archetype. Vision. Silver Surfer. Martian Manhunter. And of course, Dr. Manhattan.

YWHwqH4l.jpg

Spidey. Especially when he's wise-cracking. I know he's the "with great power comes great responsibility" guy, and I love that. But it sucks when writers forget he's a wiseass once that mask goes on.

Superman would be my 2nd choice. Respect to the first, and still most iconic.

Go fuck yourself, Batman. Stop being a surly Iron Man, put the tights back on, and detect something, and we can talk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom