• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

It's that time of year-time to watch Home Alone again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dalek

Time for the holidays and my favorite tradition: watching holiday movies including my favorite - Home Alone.

Watching it again with my daughter-The movie gives hints to Kevin's troubled mind. He steals a toothbrush from that nice lady and then never makes up for it. He has hallucinations that his furnace comes to life and speaks to him. Then he sets up a series of sadistic traps in his home to lure two unsuspecting vagrants in and then torture them.

Polka, Polka, Pol-ka...

tumblr_mn4njx6TlK1s5ruqso1_500.gif

My favorite time of the year!

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Home Alone is one of those movies that I watched as a kid so many times that it is permanently imprinted into my brain. Every line, every scene.

And the video game was hard as fuck. I never figured it out as a kid. I remember staying home sick from school and switching back and forth between that and Madden.

Amory

Home Alone 1 is amazing. The other 2 are awful

Even as a 10 year old kid, watching Home Alone 2 I was like man, you are truly awful parents to have let this shit happen again. Also could you maybe help the homeless woman that protected your kid from a couple of murderers while you neglected him

Linkura

We have a series of Christmas films we watch at least once a year. When my sister was a kid she watched Home Alone at least once a day.

In my family, it's A Christmas Story. Every fucking year at my great aunt's house on Christmas Eve. She doesn't do the parties at her house anymore and instead at a restaurant because she says she's too old to host them. :(

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.

Even as a 10 year old kid, watching Home Alone 2 I was like man, you are truly awful parents to have let this shit happen again. Also could you maybe help the homeless woman that protected your kid from a couple of murderers while you neglected him
Contrary to popular belief, there are only two Home Alone movies.

Dalek

Home Alone is one of those movies that I watched as a kid so many times that it is permanently imprinted into my brain. Every line, every scene.

And the video game was hard as fuck. I never figured it out as a kid. I remember staying home sick from school and switching back and forth between that and Madden.

I was making dinner for my kid while she was watching the opening-I was in there listening to it and I was responding to every line word for word. It's part of my DNA at this point.

jroc74

Phone reception is more important to me than human rights
I for the life of me will never understand why Home Alone is considered a Thanksgiving movie. Its set during Christmas.

But with each passing year Christmas starts getting started earlier n earlier it kind of makes sense.

I saw Christmas decorations out before Halloween hit. Usually its sometime before Thanksgiving.

Home Alone 2 is a better movie in every regard. It's the rare example of a sequel that just rehashes the original, and actually improves upon it in the process. I'll probably end up watching it no less than three times over the next month.

jstripes

Banned
Wait, people watch Home Alone once a year? Every year?

I remember seeing it in the theatre, then my parents buying it for us on VHS the next year, and maybe seeing it twice since then.

But since being on NeoGAF, I've learned that people have odd traditions with movies. Really obsessive traditions.

d00d3n

Home Alone is pointless after its nostalgia inducing soundtrack was used in the superior Harry Potter movies.

Damn straight it was, I had the Dos version and could never get enough traps ready in time. Shit still seemed compelling as hell to my then kid self, access to the whole house with all the interlocking parts seemed really cool at the time. Wouldn't mind more trap oriented games.

whats wrong with 2? also I never got to see part 3.

Gremlins is my go-to Christmas movie. Watched it a few days ago, I've definitely seen it more than 20 times and I still love it.

Bgamer90

Banned
Home Alone 2 is a better movie in every regard. It's the rare example of a sequel that just rehashes the original, and actually improves upon it in the process. I'll probably end up watching it no less than three times over the next month.

Disagree. Home Alone 2 has better traps but the first movie is far more entertaining.

jobrro

Seems a little early. I don't think I have seen HA3 ever, and only saw HA1 and HA2 a couple times within years of their release.

Usually watch Elf though.

AP90

And the Santa Claus, elf and Die Hard Obviously...

Yippie-kai-yay M********* Amirite?

Edit: Lethal weapon as well!

Home Alone
Christmas Vacation
A Christmas Story
A Muppet Christmas Carol
White Christmas
The Holiday
Elf
Earnest Saves Christmas
Die Hard

I Amays watch these every year in December

All he wanted was a dam cheese pizza. The movie is the end result of a yourh's fragile mind that has reached his breaking point. Will wait for the R rated directors cut.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom