• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ITT: We post screens that showcase the visual charisma lost by modern Simpsons

Status
Not open for further replies.
Razorskin said:
Black Smithers bothers me the most in that one episode, Homer's Odyssey.

Between this and his portrayal in the Simpsons Arcade game, his character really confused me until I was older. I was also confused by Wiggiums hair changing color from black to blue.

markot

Banned
Milpool said:
sh9Nm.jpg

"Surely there's no harm in laying in the middle of a public street..."
I love that the parade that crushes him is for 'Hannibal crossing the Alps'.

Homer: “Owww look at me Marge, I'm making people Happy! I'm the magical man, from Happy Land, who lives in a gumdrop house on Lolly Pop Lane!!!!...... By the way I was being sarcastic...”

Anyone got the GIF of that?

Natetan

Satyamdas said:
Doesn't bother me in the slightest. Little jerks need to be taken down a peg.

"We flushed your sin sticks down to hell!! Smokers are jokers, smokers are jokers!"

Is your source reliable?

2774432998_1843364653.jpg

We welcome you to the neighborhood sing fa la la la laa, la la la la la la. From now on you'll be history, you'll be his-you'll be his-you'll be history!

Clydefrog

MonkeyKnuckle said:
Homer: “Owww look at me Marge, I'm making people Happy! I'm the magical man, from Happy Land, who lives in a gumdrop house on Lolly Pop Lane!!!!...... By the way I was being sarcastic...”

Anyone got the GIF of that?

sarcastic homer is the best :D

Marge: Tomorrow night, it might be nice to go out for dinner.
Homer: Tomorrow night? Friday? Pork chop night? Marge! We haven't missed pork chop night since the great pig scare in '87!
Lisa: Hm. Friday night. Pork chops. From cradle to grave, etched in stone and God's library somewhere in heaven...
Homer: Okay, okay, where do <you> want to go?
Lisa: Anywhere but hamburgers, pizza, or fried chicken!
Homer: Fine! We'll go to Mars!

Shaneus

The intro to Homer vs. the 8th Commandment is so awesome.
"Hi, Zothar the Adulterer. The wife sends her regards."

I'll say it again, it's so easy to overlook just how early the show it its stride. Season 2 is fucking fantastic.

G-Fex

Shaneus said:
Speaking of season 2:
post-255423-1225371304.jpg

"PS. Please forgive the lateness of my reply."

Love that episode, especially when Homer keeps finding the paintings marge did then finds the one with her and ringo getting married "MAAAAARGE!"

Shaneus

I don't know whether he's exaggerating his accent at all, but when he says "I hung it on me wall!" I near-piss myself laughing. It's just perfect.

Another S2 cap:
7f19_1.jpg

More asbestos! More asbestos!

I love how sickly Martin looked towards the end of the election, lol. Another good one:

"Gabbo's kind of language has no place on or off TV. And that's my two cents."

0Grpg.jpg

"Heh, that ought to hold those S.O.B.s."

I got a question:

In "The Last Exit to Springfield" McBain says "Ice to see you" in the short clip at the beginning. That episode aired in 1993. I recently heard that Arnold Schwarzenegger says the same thing in the Batman movie that aired in 1997. So did the producers of the Batman movie really get that line from the Simpsons? Or was it just a coincidence? I mean McBain is obviously a parady of Arnold.

Clydefrog

Professor Beef said:
I love how sickly Martin looked towards the end of the election, lol. Another good one:

"Gabbo's kind of language has no place on or off TV. And that's my two cents."

0Grpg.jpg

"Heh, that ought to hold those S.O.B.s."

one of my favorite moments :D

Natetan

ghostofsparta said:
I got a question:

In "The Last Exit to Springfield" McBain says "Ice to see you" in the short clip at the beginning. That episode aired in 1993. I recently heard that Arnold Schwarzenegger says the same thing in the Batman movie that aired in 1997. So did the producers of the Batman movie really get that line from the Simpsons? Or was it just a coincidence? I mean McBain is obviously a parady of Arnold.

35506_384x288_generated__oA7cr51kfE67vtUqv675lw.jpg

ghostofsparta said:
I got a question:

I never made the connection myself, so it was probably a coincidence. Besides, it's such an easy pun to make.

Edit: Fuckin' LOL @ Nate

Satyamdas

Banned
ghostofsparta said:
I got a question:

Boy, I really hope somebody got fired for that blunder.

So I took my dog to the vet today to get his annual shots and thought of this.

"Don't worry boy, we'll get you a new dog. One with an unTWISTable stomach!"

Gigglepoo

HomerDaydream.jpg

Homer: When it comes to compliments, women are ravenous blood-sucking monsters always wanting more... MORE... MORE! And if you give it to them, you'll get plenty back in return.
Bart: Like what?
Homer: I'll tell you when you're older.

WastingFood.jpg

Scott: Coming up next, a new fad that's sweeping the nation -- wasting food.

WeekendGuy.jpg

Kent: And now my exclusive interview with His Holiness, Pope John Paul II

Murkas

One of my favourite quotes:

Skinner: Well, that was wonderful. A good time was had by all. I'm pooped.
Chalmers: Yes, I should be go-od lord, what is happening in there?
Skinner: Aurora Borealis?
Chalmers: Aurora Borealis? At this time of year? At this time of day? In this part of the country? Localized entirely within your kitchen?
Skinner: Yes.
Chalmers: May I see it?
Skinner: No.

The whole episode was legendary.

smurfx

get some go again
This is a thousand monkeys working at a thousand typewriters. Soon, they'll have written the greatest novel known to mankind. (reads one of the typewriters) "It was the best of times, it was the blurst of times"?! you stupid monkey! (monkey screeches) Oh, shut up.

Satyamdas

Banned
smurfx said:
This is a thousand monkeys working at a thousand typewriters. Soon, they'll have written the greatest novel known to mankind. (reads one of the typewriters) "It was the best of times, it was the blurst of times"?! you stupid monkey! (monkey screeches) Oh, shut up.
Blurst of times is so fucking good.

PX0kn.jpg
Pa1eP.jpg

Homer: Can't they get a pole for that sign?
Bart: It's a hitchhiker, Homer.
Homer: Oooh, let's pick him up!
Marge: No, what if he's crazy?
Homer: And what if he's not? Then we'd look like idiots.

iEtEo.jpg
PGbXG.jpg

Larry: Oh this is some party. If it gets any livelier, a funeral's gonna break out.
Mr. Burns: Quiet, you. Nobody likes a comedian.
Larry: Geez, come on dad. We got company. Make with the yakkety yak yak.
Mr. Burns: Ohhh, yakkety yak y-- [to Homer] You, foodbag. Do you have a son?
Homer: Yes sir I do.
Mr. Burns: And is he a constant disappointment? Does he bring home nitwits and make you talk to them?
Homer: Oh all the time! Have you ever heard of this kid Milhouse? He's a little wiener who-
Mr. Burns: Fascinating. Goodnight!

tFNKX.jpg
Jidkx.jpg
zrnRv.jpg

Marge: What're you doing in the basement? It's like you're hiding out down here.
Homer: Hiding out? Pfffft. Marge, you've been reading too hideout books.
Marge: And what's that hitchhiker doing here? Is every drifter we meet going to move in with us?
Homer: Of course not. We'll decide that on a drifter-by-drifter basis.

tVwkb.jpg
o8eoy.jpg
wb7VF.jpg

Lisa: He's not a drifter, mom. That's Mr. Burns' son, Larry.
Bart: He's great at pointing out everyone's foibles.
Larry: Hey, how ya doin? Ooooh look at your hair! What happened, you saw yourself in the mirror?
Bart: He's kidding mom. But seriously, I'd love to have hair like yours. I just can't get the zoning permits.
Lisa: Hey that reminds me, mom. Buckingham Palace called, they want their hat back.
Marge: Mmmmmm.
Larry: Hey kids, how 'bout a hand for your mom. She's alright!
Everyone [applauding]: Yeah mom! Woohoo mom!
Marge: Ohh, yeah. Thank you.

ne6m6.jpg

Lisa: Hey, I think I got a Pai Gow!
Bart [groans]: Ahh, I hate Pai Gow. Can't we just play Quang Jong??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom