• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I've been seeing the Burnout DS commercial on a lot recently...

Matlock

Banned
...and either they cleaned up the game's graphic quality, or it doesn't look all that bad. Goddamn you EA, don't make me interested in your games after I convince myself they suck. :(

Soul4ger

Oh my God, it looks so bad. I started howling with laughter when I saw the ads. Do they really have the gall to promote this game on TELEVISION?

Tenacious-V

Thinks his PR is better than yours.
Geeez, what shit...... This trash doesn't even belong on snes.....

Ugly, half assed glitchy job of worthless coding....

EA....

Mook1e

Soul4ger said:
Oh my God, it looks so bad. I started howling with laughter when I saw the ads. Do they really have the gall to promote this game on TELEVISION?
Watching the vids makes me think Sony paid for these commercials.
They're the best advertisements for PSP i've seen. :lol :lol :lol

Agent X

Gold Member
They have a commercial just for the DS version of the game? That's odd, because I never saw one for the PSP version.

ParkPace

Agent X said:
They have a commercial just for the DS version of the game? That's odd, because I never saw one for the PSP version.

I caught the DS commercial on MTV about 5 times last night.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Agent X said:
Either Nintendo is throwing in some money OR it's EA trying to push PSP (hey look, here's a DS game...but that "same game" is also on PSP and is like 1000000x better). Of course, BO3 and Revenge on the consoles are better than either version. Still, at least Legends PSP belongs in the Burnout series (as it looks, plays, and feels like Burnout). Legends DS isn't a Burnout game.

Matlock

Banned
dark10x said:
Either Nintendo is throwing in some money OR it's EA trying to push PSP (hey look, here's a DS game...but that "same game" is also on PSP and is like 1000000x better).

:lol

What the hell are you smoking? It doesn't discuss the PSP version at all, nor would any company do that intentionally.

'course, Nintendo's been throwing money at EA for quite a while--you usually see a good amount of EA ads ending with only the GameCube logo.

Andy787

Banned
I seriously don't know how Nintendo convinced EA to associate their games so closely with Nintendo's systems. Most of EA's game comercials, even Madden, have been ending with big GameCube logos, or logos of the GC, GBA, and DS, despite how in almost every case those respective games have sold, by far, the worst those three systems. And I only say "in almost every case" for when an N-Gage version of the particular game is available. Whether they threw money EA's way or not (which obviously they did), hurting your entire brand is much more detrimental than the few million you may have gained from making the deal.

Top Bottom