• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Iwata skipping E3 for health reasons - Polygon

Status
Not open for further replies.

R0ckman

You could see the stress was taking a toll on him in some of the directs honestly. I'm glad he's taking a break honestly.

Surely the digital event has been recorded at this point. If not, he can record his portion from his main office in Japan. Sounds like he's too sick to travel, but not sick enough to stop working from his Japanese office

Tripon

So, lots of Reggie and Bill Trinen, then.

I wonder if he's the primary speaker in the digital event. It's presumably recorded by now, right?

Get well soon.

I'm sure its already recorded by now. Sakurai and Miyamoto are going to run circles around game journalists looking at Nintendo stuff anyway.

RiggyRob

Get well asap, Iwata-san.

Trying to get the "lol so funny we are done here" first post just like any other neogaf member? I mean it wasn't funny, but c'mon, a lot of users do this shit.

It's one thing to do it for a games announcement/delay or someone leaving a studio, it's another thing when it's someone having health problems.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
お大事に, 岩田上.

Haunted

I assume the Direct is already pre-recorded, so that shouldn't have any real bearing on Nintendo's E3 presence.

random25

He probably got sick because of the preparation for the Digital Event presentation.

Would be somewhat weird without him having fun with the fans at E3 booths. Hope that Reggie, Miyamoto and the rest of the gang pick up the slack in Iwata's absence.

Bollocks

http://www.polygon.com/2014/6/5/5782832/nintendo-president-satoru-iwata-skipping-e3

Hope he gets better.

e3kings.jpeg
Which one is Iwata?

DryvBy

I respect his morals as a business guy. Take a pay cut to help your company? Okay, cool.

Get better, Iwata.

Currygan

at last, for christ's sake
Trying to shift a giant juggernaut into a new age must be stressful.
Is Nintendo still hemorrhaging money?

Reminds me of my Football club. The President when trying to restructure the debt of the club and make the club grow again, was prohibited to view the games due stress reasons.

Hopeful it's just that

the WiiU recently started turning a profit, the 3DS is doing it since September 2012. Nintendo as a company has lost money for the third year in a row. I suppose now that things are pretty much settled and this year will almost certainly see a return to black for the company his body told him to take a rest

the QoL research could have played a part on it, as well

Hope he gets better soon.

Thankfully the direct event doesn't have to be live. Nintendo megatons without the Iwata "direct" just wont' be the same.

Riki

So now all the journalists that cries about Iwata skipping E3 last year are vindicated!

Seriously I hope it's nothing serious. He's an amazing personality and him not being on any of the TreeHouse stuff will be sad.

I assume the Direct is already pre-recorded, so that shouldn't have any real bearing on Nintendo's E3 presence.

Iwata did a booth tour last year, and was present at a few conferences and roundtables. The plan was probably similar this year, particularly with the Treehouse stream and whatever.

He'll show up on the last day:

"I bet you all thought that I wouldn't be here. With our new Quality of Life device, I have made a quick recovery and improved my health by 666%. Please understand. Available next year for $200."

SJS

Noooooooo! Who's going to help me understand?

Cindy Gordon, perhaps?

"He's been instructed by his physician not to travel overseas in the immediate future, and so he will not be making the trip to Los Angeles," Nintendo vice president of corporate affairs Cindy Gordon said in an email. "Please understand that it is business as usual for Mr. Iwata, and he continues his normal duties as president of Nintendo Co., Ltd. while he remains in Japan. As always, he will be actively involved in all of Nintendo's activities at the show.

vinnygambini

Why are strippers at the U.N. bad when they're great at strip clubs???
The news saddens me; hopefully his health gets better moving forward.

Iwata will be reading blogs about Nintendo's E3 showcase on how positive it was and a smile will appear! Rightt?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom