• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

J.J. Abrams' Alcatraz (Jorge Garcia, Sam Neill, Sarah Jones)

Status
Not open for further replies.

strafer

Alcatraz, starring Jorge Garcia (Hurley!), Sam Neill (Jurassic Park, and the devil from Reaper, word) and Sarah Jones (Sons of Anarchy), is an action-thriller series about the reappearance of 302 inmates who went missing 100 years earlier. What happens when the nation's worst murderers, rapists, kidnappers and thieves reappear in the present day? Where did they go? Why are they back? And how can they be stopped? Those are just some of the mysteries Alcatraz will unveil.

Creepy island. Mysterious forces. Jorge Garcia. J.J. Abrams.

We are so in.

You?

Calling it now, they all died.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J_jAlFqvASU

I hate that these shows, and OT's always have "J.J. Abrams" tied to them, and prominent in the thread names even though he fucks off after two episodes

FoneBone

Why are you posting this thread now? The trailer's 5 months old, and the show doesn't even premiere until 2012. And there's already a thread.

Keyser Soze said:
I hate that these shows, and OT's always have "J.J. Abrams" tied to them, and prominent in the thread names even though he fucks off after two episodes
Yeah, it's kind of ridiculous. Especially given that he's been too busy working on films to have had day-to-day hands-on involvement with any of his TV shows since the first season of Lost.

ivysaur12

Banned
New trailer:

Here.

Confirmed for January.

Everything I've heard describes this is a trainwreck that was picked up because of Abrams. Been a bit of a mess behind the scenes, too, with the creator leaving over creative differences.

It's too bad this was picked up over the much better Locke & Key.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
I like it. Although handsome criminal is obviously going to be a good guy, because he's handsome. And a modern teenager is 100 times worse than a 1950s convict.

Previous

check out my new Swatch
So this show about about people who get lost in time on an island? Didn't he already make a show like that?

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Everything I've heard describes this is a trainwreck that was picked up because of Abrams. Been a bit of a mess behind the scenes, too, with the creator leaving over creative differences.

Not surprising. It looks terrible, but it's still on my radar because of the initial intrigue of the premise. JJ Abram's involvement (in anything) is totally meaningless. He has more stinkers than whatever-the-opposite-of-a-stinker-is under his belt. In fact, I tend to avoid anything/everything his name is attached to. I also dislike Jorge Garcia.

ivysaur12

Banned
Not surprising. It looks terrible, but it's still on my radar because of the initial intrigue of the premise. JJ Abram's involvement (in anything) is totally meaningless. He has more stinkers than whatever-the-opposite-of-a-stinker-is under his belt. In fact, I tend to avoid anything/everything his name is attached to. I also dislike Jorge Garcia.

Felicity, Alias, Lost, and Fringe are all good shows, though all of them have lost themselves in their later seasons. What About Brian was good, but too short to see if it had the longevity that many Abrams shows suffer.

Six Degrees and Undercovers were not good shows.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Felicity, Alias, Lost, and Fringe are all good shows, though all of them have lost themselves in their later seasons. What About Brian was good, but too short to see if it had the longevity that many Abrams shows suffer.

Yeah he does have some good TV series, but I was also referring to his films as well.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise

What?! This current season is pretty problematic, but Fringe only got good and then increasingly awesomer as the influence of Abrams, Orci and Kurtzman dissipated.

strafer

J.J. Abrams' Alcatraz Goes Viral

Premiering on FOX January 16th at 8:00pm ET, "Alcatraz" is the latest series from executive producers J.J. Abrams and Elizabeth Sarnoff ("LOST," "Deadwood") and, this morning, a mysterious package arrived at the offices of ComingSoon.net that contains a number of interesting clues as to the series' mythology.

Most notable among the items is a review of a book, "Inmates of Alcatraz," by Dr. Diego Soto (played by Jorge Garcia). Certain letters on the page are marked, spelling out "LEGENDS OF ALCATRAZ." At the moment www.legendsofalcatraz.com redirects to the official FOX site for the show, but that could change in the near future.

Pictures here

Zzoram

Girl is hot

Hurley is good

Didn't realize this was a TV show, thought it was a movie. Not sure if this will actually work as a 5+ season show. If this is a TV show, I really, really hope they already decided the ultimate explanation for what's going on and don't just make one up at the end that doesn't make sense.

Fry

Starts today, right?

Very interested, could it be the start of something special from JJ again?

chris121580

I'll give a shot. Wondering why almost nobody seems to care about this.

I don't think they did a very good job promoting it. I'm a huge JJ Abrams fan and had no idea about this until I heard an ad for it on the radio this morning. Will be watching for sure

mjc

Is this supposed to be any good? I think I'll DVR it unless I somehow get home earlier than expected.

I'll give a shot. Wondering why almost nobody seems to care about this.

Most of the buzz is negative, or lukewarm at best.

From what I've read it's basically a procedural. Add in people like Jorge Garcia who can't act and my interest level is basically at zero.

I'll be interested to see what kind of ratings it pulls though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom