• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Alcatraz: The thread of J.J. Abrams and DR. DIEGO “DOC” SOTO (aka Jorge Garcia)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Based on those photos, I'm assuming the series consists mainly of Sam Neill showing and/or handing files to people, and Hurley listening to the woman talk.

petethepanda said:
Based on those photos, I'm assuming the series consists mainly of Sam Neill showing and/or handing files to people, and Hurley listening to the woman talk.

Show of the forever right there. Seriously, that could be an awesome show.

Clevinger

Funky Papa said:
Abrams had nothing to do with Fringe sucking until really, really late into the show. That was Alex Kurtzman and Roberto Orci being terrible hacks as usual.

When exactly did Wyman and the other guy get control of the show? I'm kinda curious.

hamchan

Sam Neill is freaking awesome. He should be in the thread title too. I loved him in some space documentary where he was screwing around with the universe or something.

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
Replicant said:
At any rate, this is not based on real events, is it? I've been to Alcatraz tour and I don't remember hearing about 300+ people vanishing during one night.

How did this go 20+ posts with no one else quoting it?

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
^ No, that's the other show JJ Abrams is executive producing for next year, which also has loose police procedural elements. Person of Interest will be on CBS.

Clevinger said:
When exactly did Wyman and the other guy get control of the show? I'm kinda curious.
"Ability" was the last episode that had Orci and Kurtzman as executive producers. Then they became consulting producers, whatever that means. I don't think either of their names have ever been mentioned by anyone related to the show since.

Pinkner was onboard from episode 2 as an EP. Wyman came on as a co-EP on "Unleashed" at the very end of the S1, then was promoted to EP for S2.

Really, the first half of S1 is them struggling within the lame confines set up by the pilot (Olivia is a cold and dull FBI agent, her seeing the dead partner who may or may not have been a traitor, Peter has a mysterious past full of enemies, etc). Most of that crap was laid to rest by the time Orci and Kurtzman formally left, things really picked up at the very end of the season when a bunch of new creative forces came on. Wyman joined up, Akiva Goldsman decided to do some good genre work, and director Brad Anderson was briefly a producer and I think helped cement the show's aesthetic strengths.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
So, is this the official OT for this show? It starts tonight. Looks interesting IMHO, I'm hoping to get the chance to watch it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom