• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jackbox Party Pack 2 |OT| Fibbage 2, Quiplash XL, Stuff - Xbone, PS3/4, PC, Android

ultron87

JPP2_BrandBits.jpg

25 bucks! Xbox One, PS4, PS3, Steam, Amazon Fire TV, or Google Play! Two new versions of old games and three new ones! Still play on your phone! Yeah!

What are the games? Let's Ask the Steam Page!

Fibbage 2 (2-8 players)
The runaway hit bluffing game with over 500 brand-new questions, more than 2x the original! Plus new features, like the deFIBrillator!

Earwax (3-8 players)
The hear-larious sound-effects game that will leave you up to your ears in laughter!
Cow moo? Huge explosion? Or tiny fart? Which to choose?

Bidiots (3-6 players)
The absurd art auction game where you draw right there on your phone or tablet. Outbid your opponents for weird art pieces – drawn by players themselves – and win this strangely competitive auction game! Don’t be a bidiot!

Quiplash XL (3-8 players)
The say-anything, gut-busting Quiplash XL, which includes everything in Quiplash, Quip Pack 1, AND over 100 brand-new prompts!

Bomb Corp. (1-4 players)
The bomb-defusing nailbiter of a party game! As interns at Bomb Corp., you must defuse random bombs in the office in order to keep your jobs. You’ll probably die, but it’ll be good work experience!

Fibbage and Quiplash should be aces and I'm willing to buy the box for more of each of those. I'm not convinced on Ear Wax. Bidiots kind of seems to miss the point and I'd rather just have more Drawful instead but maybe it can be cool? Teaching people to play it sounds a little tough. Bomb Corp looks fun in a Spaceteam kind of way, but might be a bit much for the party atmosphere I usually play these in.

Bidiots is really poor and misses the point of the "party" game entirely. There's way too many rules compared to the other games and strategy is non-existent because you have no idea what you're bidding on. Every game turns into people bidding all of their money on the first thing they can (because there's as good a chance as any that it'll be worth thousands since the game assigns values to the artwork randomly), then borrowing from the bank and bidding all of THAT money on the next item, then what feels like four weeks later, somebody is the winner. Great.

Bomb Corp is cool although it'll be a bit much for most parties. Good for when you've got just a couple of friends over though and VERY challenging to beat.

Earwax is really fun if you've got a group of people playing who have a similar sense of humour. Quiplash and Fibbage as good as ever. Even without Bidiots, the package is worth the money, I reckon.

Bummed I bought Quiplash XL already-- the game is a lot of fun but I would've held off had I known there was a second Party Pack in the works releasing relatively soon. I'm glad to see Jackbox branching out to different types of groups games like Bomb Corp. I would love to see some more devs in this space, leveraging existing smart devices for use in group games. So much fun.

Maybe when it's cheap or on sale.

YDKJ and Drawful were the big standouts in the original for me, without them it's hard to justify full price.

Just played some Bidiots via twitch stream. It's a lot of fun, but much more complex than Drawful. In a good way. There's a lot more 'game' to it, in that you're trying to manage money, bluff people into overbidding, and also figure out who knows what painting's value... while trying to figure out if the painting you're looking at is the one that actually matches the name.

It's really good. It's not as immediately wacky and zany as Fibbage or Quiplash but it's a really good game.

I had 6 people play this today and played all the games apart from Earwax. We loved all of them but most people were kind of done with Fibbage quite quickly. Bomb Corp is fantastic even with 2 people sharing a phone, that game gets fucking intense. Very happy with my purchase!

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
Hopefully the new games are able to be played over stream, since I don't have many
local
friends

It seems people don't understand how to properly play Bidiots, and then get frustrated blaming the game for not being fun.

The same way people play board games wrong and they never end.
Shit like in Uno where people draw cards until they get a match and end up with hands of dozens of cards. (READ THE FUCKING RULES. IT SAYS DRAW ONE FUCKING CARD THEN MOVE ON)
Or like in Monopoly with so many fucking house rules that the game goes on forever because of the inflationary currency.

border

It's heartbreaking that they aren't even going to bother fixing You Don't Know Jack. I guess we will have to keep playing the 360 version? Maybe it will be added to Microsoft's backwards compatibility list.

Hoping Bidiots still captures what made Drawful great.

Regardless, there's enough here where I am in day one. Love these games! Some of the most fun party games I've played in a long time.

ultron87

It's heartbreaking that they aren't even going to bother fixing You Don't Know Jack. I guess we will have to keep playing the 360 version? Maybe it will be added to Microsoft's backwards compatibility list.
I'm hoping they are planning a standalone version, since YDKJ can totally be it's own thing. They just need to have either controller support or tweak/replace the Jack Attack to deal with the input lag on phones.

Chairhome

Any details on the Google play version? I don't see it in the play store. I like the console version but playing anywhere may have advantages of its possible

So sad that there's no good new version of Drawful. That has been the hands-down favorite of everyone I've played Jackbox with.

Just got a chance to go through all the games via stream with some folks. I actually ended up liking Earwax and Bidiots a lot more than I expected. It's too bad that Bidiots is tricky with stream delay (and I played Bomb Corp. with text chat instead of voice chat which ended up being a bad idea lol).

I also wish that Jackbox 2 could check your Quiplash play data, because I ended up getting a good number of repeat prompts from standalone Quiplash. But it's been good overall!

Mista Koo

A question about the first one: Is there a way to play the PC version offline? I had problems with phones disconnecting.

mclem

I was at my parents a couple of weeks ago and Fibbage and Drawful from JPP1 went down an absolute bomb. Looking forward to trying this out!

(Lag was too great there for YDKJ to really work, unfortunately, which suggests to me I think Bomb Corp might be a no-no this time around. It's the more asynchronous games that work best)

dock

The lack of Drawful 2 makes this a harder sell for me. It is a regular party favourite at my house!

Being in Europe makes it tricky because a lot of the questions and references are so America-centric.

The lack of Drawful 2 makes this a harder sell for me. It is a regular party favourite at my house!

Being in Europe makes it tricky because a lot of the questions and references are so America-centric.

Yup, the games aren't very world wide friendly. Hopefully they move towards games that work beyond America in the future.

Speaking of Europe, what are the options for buying it in Europe? It's not up on Xbox One, and I haven't seen it on PSN.

mclem

My family cottoned on quickly that you need to 'write american' to fool people. I did get annoyed that sometimes it didn't recognise a hyphenated answer as correct, though.

deleted

A question about the first one: Is there a way to play the PC version offline? I had problems with phones disconnecting.

I guess since the phones connect over the jackbox website, it's not really possible.

I had lots of fun with the first one. We had a couch round of 5 people and randomly crashed Jackbox stream with little people in it. Most were a bit confused, because the total player count was above the total streamer count, but in the end, all had lots of fun.

It's a bit sad, that it isn't available in other languages than English though. The German versions of YDKJ were amazing and sadly not all my friends are fluent in English, so it's not so much fun to play these kind of games with them.

I want to buy my first party pack (hearing about it podcasts convinced me). Should I get the first or the second? I would love for the first to lower it's price...

ultron87

I want to buy my first party pack (hearing about it podcasts convinced me). Should I get the first or the second? I would love for the first to lower it's price...

I haven't played much of the second one yet, but the first one is a pretty great value and works with basically any group of people. Fibbage and Drawful are super easy to pick up and You Don't Know Jack is pretty great. The other two games are kind of stinkers, but eh.

The second pack seems like it would require people that are a little more specific. Bidiots and the Bomb game seem pretty game-ey and requires more strategy and Quiplash can be tough for some people because you need to be "funny".

ilium

Been playing Drawful with friends every sunday for a couple weeks now and having a blast!
Best game ever!

Will check out this pack but I don't think anything will come close to Drawful for us.

I'm a crazy, CRAZY I SAY, fan of You Don't Know Jack.... seeing a Jackbox Party Pack without it is so depressing.

Fibbage is awesome but I'll skip this for now.

Im not convinced with this 2nd one yet. The first one has Drawful and YDKJ which are better than every other game in both packs.

Quiplash is weak, Fibbage is okay. I'd say pack 1 is better because of the two best games being in it

JackEtc

Hmmmm....to buy on PS4 or Steam?

I bought the last one on my PS4, but I imagine bringing my laptop to a friends/relatives house would be WAY easier than that, right?

ultron87

Played a few of the games last night. Bomb Corp is actually pretty fun, it just isn't for the same kind of party as the Fibbage-ish games. It's tough to size things down to 4 people and change things up with everyone needing to pay constant attention and think things out. I feel like Bidiots is pretty similar in that regard.

So my friends and I had no problem playing the original jackbox through twitch streaming, but this one has a massive delay that is insurmountable. Any tips for optimizing an Xbox One stream? Is there another way I can stream from Xbox One without going through twitch?

RedToad64

Don't expect YDKJ 2011 to be backwards compatible. The game was delisted from Games on Demand when THQ went under.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Hmmmm....to buy on PS4 or Steam?

I bought the last one on my PS4, but I imagine bringing my laptop to a friends/relatives house would be WAY easier than that, right?

Probably. Although I wish they'd do an iOS version. Could run it on your iPad (and optionally AirPlay to TV). Maybe Apple TV will get it?

Was playing Fibbage XL last night with friends, had never played it before. Never laughed so much tbh, buying this pack was a no brainer once I saw it was out.

Dremark

Banned
When I saw this thread it was a must buy until I saw there was no You Don't Know Jack.

Gonna have to pass on this.

I'm hoping they are planning a standalone version, since YDKJ can totally be it's own thing. They just need to have either controller support or tweak/replace the Jack Attack to deal with the input lag on phones.

Man that input lag is real. I got the first party pack a few weeks ago and it's become a big favorite with my family and friends, until the Jack Attack where everyone gets frustrated by the lag.

This looks like it could be fun. Love fibbage and I've been a fan of spaceteam since it came out so the bomb game looks fun.

Top Bottom