• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jackbox Party Pack 4 |OT| Jack's back with an even better box

Messiek

DMgnAZkVAAA7W4S.jpg

Developer: Jackbox Games
Publisher: Jackbox Games
Price: $24.99
Platforms: Apple TV(4th gen up) / Amazon Fire TV / Android TV / Bundle Stars / Mac App Store / NVIDIA SHIELD / PS4 / SWITCH / STEAM(PC/MAC) / XBONE
Release Date:
  • Apple TV and PS4 : Oct 18th
  • Steam and Switch: Oct 19th
  • XBONE: Oct 20th

It’s the fourth collection of go-to party games from Jackbox Games! The biggest and fourthiest addition to this storied party game franchise features not five but FIVE AND A HALF crowd-slaying games!
Play using your phones, tablets or computers. No extra controllers needed!
Plus EVEN MORE features just for streamers!
NOTE: The game is local multiplayer but can be enjoyed over streams with remote players.

Fibbage 3 (2-8 players)
The blanking fun sequel with all-new question types and the game mode Fibbage: Enough About You where you guess the weird facts about your friends.
54 seconds on 'Fibbage 3'

Survive the Internet (3-8 players)
The web-based frame game where you twist your friends’ “online” comments in hilarious ways.
63 seconds on 'Survive the internet'

Monster Seeking Monster (3-7 players)
The spooky date-a-thon where you message and date fellow monsters with special powers.
73 seconds on 'Monster seeking Monster'

Bracketeering (3-16 players)
The deranged debate match where you place smart bets on stupid arguments.
63 seconds on 'Bracketeering'

Civic Doodle (3-8 players)
The one-up art game where you compete to improve the town murals.
56 seconds on 'Civic Doodle'

Have fun! :)

Playing this on Saturday with my friends, really looking forward to it. Fakin' It from Jackbox 3 was a big hit with our crew.

DrLazy

I love jack box party packs. I know I'll probably get this one for my next party or family gathering. Any reviews on this year's pack? I felt like 3 wasn't as good as 2. Of course you can't go wrong with more Fibbage.

Messiek

I love jack box party packs. I know I'll probably get this one for my next party or family gathering. Any reviews on this year's pack? I felt like 3 wasn't as good as 2. Of course you can't go wrong with more Fibbage.

OpenCritic score for the game is 81. I'll include reviews on the OT.
From what I've seen and played, this pack is just as good as the last ones if not better.

FenDozer

I've been watching the weekly streams. These games look like a big step down from 3 (which I LOVE). These games just don't appeal to my group of friends TBH.

All of that being said, I'll almost certainly still buy it

hotcyder

How do Jackbox Party Packs work?

If you want to play online does every player need to own a copy of the game, or is there some kind of web instancing so only one person needs a copy?

PaulLFC

Going to pick this up at some point too go with packs 1-3.

A bit disappointed Jackbox rejected the idea of some sort of hub / launcher for starting all of their games from, though. Given how many games there are between all packs now it would have been useful.

mclem

As I mentioned in the 'best Jackbox games' thread, I and a bunch of (mostly) British gameshow enthusiasts will be playing and streaming this (probably interspersed with other things) on Saturday evening.

Might have more than one GAFfer, too, I think there's more crossover between gameshow-GAF and Bother's Bar than just me!

mclem

How do Jackbox Party Packs work?

If you want to play online does every player need to own a copy of the game, or is there some kind of web instancing so only one person needs a copy?

The game software acts as the host; each player needs a device with a standard web browser (which they connect to https://jackbox.tv/ for free) and a view of the host's screen (be it through a stream or in person) to participate. You only need the one instance of the software itself.

I mostly play Jackbox in a group of 4... these games don't look like they'd be best with 4 though. Hoping that it is more fun in practice once I get my hands on it though.

Between this and pack 3 though I've got the big three now (Fibbage, Quiplash, Trivia) so I'm pretty happy overall. Going out to play this tomorrow.

No love for Drawful?

Of all the jackbox games, drawful is the one that's had me and several of my friends in legitimate tears of laughter, but then a great part of the joy is that one of them can't draw to save themselves and their scribbles are almost indecipherable :p

Lijik

the most surprising part was playing in a small enough group that Survive the Internet added an AI player, and it was actually able to hold its own for most of the rounds

in something like quiplash its always obvious who picked the quip for me button cus the pre-written jokes are always too non sequitur to work. here the AI was in the lead for half the game because his jokes blended right in and actually fit our comments almost every time

Excelsior

monster seeking monster really does not seem good

don't like how Enough About You has the same final round (each player gives 1 truth and 1 lie) every time you play

Bracketeering should really allow for custom input/ questions, and apparently doesn't check for duplicate answers between players

by now this company should just have a Masters Edition or offer it as a sort of Hub (i.e. pay $25, choose 5 of the games across the different packs) - shouldn't have to switch between them

think Drawful 2 should have been included - why make standalone games?

but I will give it a whirl anyway!

Sober

Had 1-3 on my PS4, planning to get this and 1-3 again on the Switch cause it makes it easy to bring around.

Also yeah Drawful 2 being standalone is really odd and I'd wish they'd bundle it. But hopefully it'll also come to the Switch as well.

TI82

Banned
Fibbage 3 and internet are the good games so far, played with 4 players so maybe the others shine with more players.

Would love a drawful update with the Civic art drawing engine though. Looks a lookout better

SS4Gogita

Henshin!
Roomies and the girlfriend and I played this last night. The Monster dating game is the only one I'm iffy on playing multiple times, I think that one would only be good with new people.

Everything else was awesome, especially Civic Doodle. I normally hate the drawing games but this one was funny as hell. Bracketeering is cool but I think it's going to be one of those that's much better if you have like a dozen people.

Survive the Internet was also fun as hell. Overall I like 4 a lotttttttt better than 3, but I'll still go back to 3 for Trivia Murder Party, if nothing else.

Ferrio

Banned
The Monster dating game is the only one I'm iffy on playing multiple times, I think that one would only be good with new people.

Why? It's the type of game you really don't know how to play until you've played it once. Reminds me of the Werewolf games but you're trying to fuck instead. I'm guessing it's not going to be very popular because it's the most complex of the games I've seen.

Why? It's the type of game you really don't know how to play until you've played it once. Reminds me of the Werewolf games but you're trying to fuck instead. I'm guessing it's not going to be very popular because it's the most complex of the games I've seen.
I've watched a lot of people streaming this game on Twitch the past week and all the games seem to getting played an equal amount. MSM might even be the most popular game.

Not feeling the lack of more 2-player games.
I can't think of a single Jackbox game that's fun with just 2 players. Not even YDKJ.

My family has played a lot of Jackbox, and we were all so excited to try this, but it's the weakest entry in the series for us. It's not all bad; Fibbage 3 and Civic Doodle were the hits. Nice to have new questions for Fibbage, seems like a good set. I like Civic Doodle a lot more than the T-Shirt game from the last box, but I wish the timer was a little longer, and I don't like the randomized tiebreaker rule.

Sadly, this pack isn't nearly as good for three players as any of the other packs. You have to play with a bot when you only have three players in Survive the Internet and Monster Seeking Monster, and it completely ruins those games to have a bot in there spewing out random crap. I understand why it's needed for Monster, but the bot in Internet is awful - such a bummer to get a random bot response on that perfectly witty answer you came up with, or have the bot win the round - and it doesn't seem necessary to me. That one seems like it could be a lot of fun with another person, though, and I'll try MDM again when I have the right group.

Bracketeering crashed every time we tried it (PS4 version), so I'm not sure how that one is yet.

We will be back when Bracketeering is patched and we have a fourth player handy, but I don't see us spending as much time with this pack when it's just the three of us. I really hope they find a way to get the bot out of Internet.

Excelsior

My family has played a lot of Jackbox, and we were all so excited to try this, but it's the weakest entry in the series for us. It's not all bad; Fibbage 3 and Civic Doodle were the hits. Nice to have new questions for Fibbage, seems like a good set. I like Civic Doodle a lot more than the T-Shirt game from the last box, but I wish the timer was a little longer, and I don't like the randomized tiebreaker rule.

Bracketeering crashed every time we tried it (PS4 version), so I'm not sure how that one is yet.

Bracketeering also crashed every time for me (PC).

Totally agree: weakest pack so far.

Really not feeling Monster Seeking Monster. Between the complexity of the rules, ambiguity of the texts, random "abilities"..... Just didn't work. Plus the fact that our group was made up of 3 married couples just made it awkward. Not since Bidiots has there been an entry this bad

Anustart

Testing out tonight with just the wife and me and Survive the Internet seems like it'll be awesome for tomorrow nights party. Bracketeering didn't seem bad, couldn't really gauge msm. Lot's of freezing/crashing on pc here as well.

None of these are really jumping out at me rather than another Fibbage.

These go on sale pretty quickly, and often. Will gladly wait for at least half off for this one.

Sp3eD

0G M3mbeR
You guys are missing out then. Monster dating monster and bracketeering were amazing on my stream tonight. So much fun. Can’t wait to play tomorrow night.

Top Bottom