• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jaffe on GOW3 - "Looks like a painting come to life"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guled

Ariexv said:
I'm not saying they're bad looking games, but they don't compete w/ Gears or Banjo (imo) though they're definitely pretty far above average.
if your saying that PoP and ME can't compete with Banjo in graphics then you really need your eyes checked. I'm not joking, really go see a doctor.

Ariexv

Guled said:
if your saying that PoP and ME can't compete with Banjo in graphics then you really need your eyes checked. I'm not joking, really go see a doctor.
From a technical standpoint? No they aren't as good. From an Artistic standpoint? That's arguable since everyone has different tastes.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
The Take Out Bandit said:
I hope not, SFIV looks like shit.

screenshot_3737.jpg

The Take Out Bandit
Working on my PhD:
Playa Hating Degree

Kaako

Felium Defensor
subtlesaysigh said:
Umm, a little back on topic here...have they announced just who's directing GoW3 yet?? And what's Cory Barlog up to now?
I'd like to know this as well. I think it's probably someone from the original GOW game, but not exactly sure. I thought Cory joined Jaffe's group with Dylan and the rest of the crew.

J-Rzez

Big year for graphics whores next year on the PS3. Killzone 2, GT5, GoW3(maybe?), hell, inFamous looks pretty good even though it's a sandbox game, and Uncharted 2 (hopefully!).

I'm sure GoW3 is probably going to look killer the way they have their set pieces designed. The last GoW2 was capable of possibly being passed off as a next-gen (now gen) launch title to some.

Ariexv said:
I'm not saying they're bad looking games, but they don't compete w/ Gears or Banjo (imo) though they're definitely pretty far above average.

Have you really looked at POP? I haven't played it or anything, but from what I've seen it looks pretty damn good.

Guled

Ariexv said:
From a technical standpoint? No they aren't as good. From an Artistic standpoint? That's arguable since everyone has different tastes.
so your saying from a technical stand point that PoP and ME can't compete with Banjo. You really do need your eyes checked
Prine said:
Yep. Some incredible set pieces of epic scale. Sony fans wont agree but wait till the GOTY awards are announced. Guarantee Gears 2 will clean up
Crysis Warhead

Prine

Banned
Kyoufu said:
Gears 2 is the best looking game of 2008?

Is it really?

Yep. Some incredible set pieces of epic scale. Sony fans wont agree but wait till the GOTY awards are announced. Guarantee Gears 2 will clean up

Ariexv

Poimandres said:
Have you really looked at POP? I haven't played it or anything, but from what I've seen it looks pretty damn good.
Yep, it's a for sure day one for me(I'm pissed off we don't get a bundle like Europe does here in the U.S) it looks amazing, but i think I would put Banjo and gears above it, I guess maybe my wording was a little off since I don't think any game so far(bar crysis) this gen has "blown away" the competition.

Guled said:
so your saying from a technical stand point that PoP and ME can't compete with Banjo. You really do need your eyes checked

Crysis Warhead
Ok maybe "can't compete" was a tad strong to use, but if you absolutely have to order the games from best looking to worst I think Gears and Banjo would edge out the competition.

As for Crysis Warhead, Did the original Crysis stop Uncharted from winning any graphical awards?

tfur

VindicatorZ said:
I would say Dead Space is more impressive graphically to me for this year.

I agree. EA needs to move away from UE3, and use the Dead Space engine on future projects.

davidjaffe

The Fucking MAN.
Jesus fucking Christ.

Some of you guys are just nuts man.

Has my little blog post- wherein (by the way) I trumpeted the greatness of BOTH a PS3 title AND a 360 title- really bothered enough people that they are back on this 'my console, your console' thing? I mean, what the hell? Can some of you people just get beyond it?

It's a stupid fucking console. You made a choice- or your mummy and daddy made a choice- and bought you a fucking console to play games on. If you really waste ANY MORE energy giving a fuck about which console is better/best/etc...it's like: man, one day you will look back and go: How did I spent more than 5 seconds thinking about that crap? Hell, my LIVING is determined by how well consoles do and I don't spend 5% the time some of you guys/gals do thinking about this.

God of War 3 looks amazing- STUNNING. One of the best games I've ever seen. And yes, I've seen Crysis. It's a totally different thing. Both are amazing. Gears plays and looks amazing too. There is ROOM for that in the world. Lot of talent in my business, thus, lot of great games. Live with it. Or don't. Whatever.

Also, as to the way I look:

a- please post a more current picture. That was a few months after the hell that was directing GOD OF WAR. No time for the gym, no time for hair cuts. No time for anything. Tends to happen when you commit to something you love and give it your all. One day if you get a job that demands more of you than making sure the customer's paper doesn't land in the sticker bushes you may know what I mean.

b- Please post your picture so we can fuck with it in photoshop and make fun of it. I'm sure you're a real looker.

c- And not to go there, but I just believe in pure honesty so I have to tell the truth: your mother didn't think I was so ugly last nite. But then again, my cock was firmly in her throat and she was probably not looking at my face. But when I gave her the 10 spot afterwards, I could have sworn she made eye contact with me and she told me to, 'Come back again anytime' so my looks could not have bothered her that much, right?

d- Oh, and when you see her next, please tell her my cock is starting to turn a strange shade of green. Should I be worried? I guess that's what I get from getting a blow job from a woman who kind of looks like the Hulk. Shit, what does that say about me?!?

Talk later-

David

davidjaffe said:

a- please post a more current picture. That was a few months after the hell that was directing GOD OF WAR. No time for the gym, no time for hair cuts. No time for anything. Tends to happen when you commit to something you love and give it your all. One day if you get a job that demands more of you than making sure the customer's paper doesn't land in the sticker bushes you may know what I mean.

b- Please post your picture so we can fuck with it in photoshop and make fun of it. I'm sure you're a real looker.

c- And not to go there, but I just believe in pure honesty so I have to tell the truth: your mother didn't think I was so ugly last nite. But then again, my cock was firmly in her throat and she was probably not looking at my face. But when I gave her the 10 spot afterwards, I could have sworn she made eye contact with me and she told me to, 'Come back again anytime' so my looks could not have bothered her that much, right?

d- Oh, and when you see her next, please tell her my cock is starting to turn a strange shade of green. Should I be worried? I guess that's what I get from getting a blow job from a woman who kind of looks like the Hulk. Shit, what does that say about me?!?

uh david

i think the words "hook, line, and sinker" apply here

hell, i don't think even he was expecting a catch this big

Crayon

davidjaffe said:

this is what i call pro.

Guled

davidjaffe said:
Jesus fucking Christ.

Has my little blog post- wherein (by the way) I trumpeted the greatness of BOTH a PS3 title AND a 360 title- really bothered enough people that they are back on this 'my console, your console' thing? I mean, what the hell? Can some of you people just get beyond it?

It's a stupid fucking console. You made a choice- or your mummy and daddy made a choice- and bought you a fucking console to play games on. If you really waste ANY MORE energy giving a fuck about which console is better/best/etc...it's like: man, one day you will look back and go: How did I spent more than 5 seconds thinking about that crap? Hell, my LIVING is determined by how well consoles do and I don't spend 5% the time some of you guys/gals do thinking about this.

God of War 3 looks amazing- STUNNING. One of the best games I've ever seen. And yes, I've seen Crysis. It's a totally different thing. Both are amazing. Gears plays and looks amazing too. There is ROOM for that in the world. Lot of talent in my business, thus, lot of great games. Live with it. Or don't. Whatever.

Talk later-

David
davidjaffe
The Fucking MAN.

Anyway, I know you probably won't answer this but are they planing GoW3 for release next year or 2010, or do you not know?

davidjaffe said:
Jesus fucking Christ.

Talk later-

David

Hahahaha, yessss...I win.

...love your games, bro.

Kaako

Felium Defensor
davidjaffe said:
Jesus fucking Christ...
Amen to that! But you should just ignore the joke poster. I agree with the sales age bullshit though, GAF has a fetish when it comes to that shit. It's good to be concerned, but most are just obsessed when it comes to that.
Also, please tell us more about GOW3 if you can.

itxaka

Defeatist
mountain_duwe said:
Surprised? No.

Disappointed? ...

:(

Did you expect something else in a forum where there are a lot of jaffe lovers that take everything from him as the words of god?

Now I'm dissapointed in you.

Fake edit: See?

Kittonwy

Banned
davidjaffe said:
Jesus fucking Christ.

Talk later-

David

Chillax jaffe chillax.
Indifferent2.gif

Tiduz

Eurogaime
davidjaffe said:
Jesus fucking Christ.

Talk later-

David

OH MY FUCKING GOD
EPIC :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

:bow

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
Crisis said:
David Jaffe posts here so quit trolling him lest he loosen your mother's twat.
:lol Looks like you called it.

What painting would you say GoW3 looks like, David? That would make for much more interesting conversation than that poster's mom.

Madman

Well, at least this thread went better then the other two.

So Jaffe, how close does the real GoW3 look to the E3 trailer?

Brofist

davidjaffe said:
Jesus fucking Christ.

Talk later-

David

oh snap

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Shit, bro, don't waste time on *juniors* of all people. They're the zombies that stream in when a Boomer vomits on you. One shot kills.

EviLore said:
Shit, bro, don't waste time on *juniors* of all people. They're the zombies that stream in when a Boomer vomits on you. One shot kills.

booooooooooooo this was fun

lol you actually called him "bro"

Private Hoffman said:
By Far my favorite industry insider on the boards.

this is probably more insulting than anything the banned guy said

davidjaffe said:
Jesus fucking Christ.

Talk later-

David

davidjaffe
The Fucking MAN.
:lol :lol :lol :lol

By Far my favorite industry insider on the boards.

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
Jesus fucking Christ.

Has my little blog post- wherein (by the way) I trumpeted the greatness of BOTH a PS3 title AND a 360 title- really bothered enough people that they are back on this 'my console, your console' thing?

BINARY GAF - it's one or the other, you MUST PICK A SIDE!! :(

Lot of talent in my business, thus, lot of great games. Live with it.

i actually wonder if people saw the blood/sweat/tears that goes into games on both X360/PS3 that maybe they'd be more appreciative and enjoy gaming :/

I get from getting a blow job from a woman who kind of looks like the Hulk. Shit, what does that say about me?!?

.... was this over a Ban(ner) bet or something?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom