• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jaffe on GOW3 - "Looks like a painting come to life"

Status
Not open for further replies.

vilmer_

WickedLaharl said:
the very best looking parts of dead space only look as good as the very worst looking areas of gears 2

Listen, I know my graphixxx... As constricted as console graphics are :p

Dragon

Banned
kylej said:
Because one of the most public figures in the industry posts on internet message boards about shoving his cock in the mouth of some guy's mom. Jaffe's blog reads like a 12 year old's first journal entry. Douche chills and wahjah don't even begin to describe how embarrassing this shit is.

That guy's mom is pretty hot.

I guess I too would be mad if I were back to making Twisted Metal games again.

Well no, I don't know many people around here that would be angry creating video games, so I don't agree with your piss poor argument. Why don't you get off your soapbox and laugh? It's just silly shit.

Confucius say: Don't take life seriously, you never get out alive. Or was that Van Wilder? I always get the two confused.

MidiSurf

Banned
Gears 2 is indeed best looking console game of the year. But not by a large margin... Also God of War 3 should be looking better it's 09/2010 title.

davidjaffe

The Fucking MAN.
Because one of the most public figures in the industry posts on internet message boards about shoving his cock in the mouth of some guy's mom. Jaffe's blog reads like a 12 year old's first journal entry. Douche chills and wahjah don't even begin to describe how embarrassing this shit is.

I guess I too would be mad if I were back to making Twisted Metal games again.

Ok, I'll bite.

It's rainy outside, holidays are here, and I'm working while listening to Vince Guaraldi Trio's Chucky Brown Xmas album.

So I'm chilling as I sit, work on the game, and peek at the net every so often...so:

...embarrassing for who? Let me explain something to you: I have no use for what society says is acceptable. Can you get your head around that? I don't give a clown's fuck if you think the way I talk is embarrassing. I think the fact that you- clearly- walk around trying to adhere to a bunch of arbitrary societal rules is embarrassing. And why do you do it? Probably for no other reason than perhaps that is the way you were raised and you never bothered to question it. Or perhaps you DID decide to question it, colored a little bit outside the lines, and in doing so got your ASS handed to you and ran back into your cave, never to poke your head out again.

Granted, you have a picture mocking Palin as an avatar, so you can't be all bad :)

But dude, I gave up years ago playing a role for people. I get excited, I swear sometimes. Other times, I don't. But my blog is my blog. I can be all PR trained if you really want that (actually I can't). But I'd prefer to represent the way I feel on my blog. What with it being my blog and all.

Oh and by the way, I happen to fucking LOVE the Twisted Metal series. I was proud to have worked on the ones I worked on and IF we are making another, I would be just as proud.

I find it funny how kylej says there can never be a Spielberg-esque game maker, like there aren't people in Hollywood who say stupid shit in public and are well known because of that.

oboro56.jpg

Like this?

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Spielberg wouldn't give you the time of day and Jaffe just fucked your mother. Frankly I'd say you're a persona non grata among the creative types :lol

TheBranca18 said:
Dude he likes Disgaea

i decided on this username and avatar(s) b/c i watched the anime. i barely played disgaea before tossing it aside for better things.

i even tried to play it again this year (on psp) and just couldn't do it. but yeah the series sure does have piss poor graphics.

God of War (1), was the best thing Jaffe has ever touched. He started one of the biggest franchises and characters from last gen, and he's going to claim to not be the least bit biased... He may not be a "fanboy", but come on. Anyway, I think he's just going to get a bunch of shit from forum nerdrage when they finally do show some gameplay and it's not quite the second coming. Although, I could be wrong. It could literally, "look like a painting come to life". That truly be awesome.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
Enojado said:
Jaffe, don't ever change. Seriously, epic post that had me laughing so hard.
I was going to say the same thing.

davidjaffe said:
But dude, I gave up years ago playing a role for people. I get excited, I swear sometimes. Other times, I don't. But my blog is my blog. I can be all PR trained if you really want that (actually I can't).
:lol
A+ thread, would read again.

davidjaffe said:
Let me explain something to you: I have no use for what society says is acceptable. Can you get your head around that? I don't give a clown's fuck if you think the way I talk is embarrassing. I think the fact that you- clearly- walk around trying to adhere to a bunch of arbitrary societal rules is embarrassing.

Graaaah! You all laugh at me because I'm different? Well I laugh at YOU because you're all the same! Conformists!

My blog is my Bat Cave! It's not open to criticism. It's not for you.

In closing: fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck look at me cursing!

and thus I rebel! SOCIETY CAN'T HOLD ME

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
timetokill said:
Graaaah! You all laugh at me because I'm different? Well I laugh at YOU because you're all the same! Conformists!

whiteninja_suave.png

DrPirate

Banned
Ariexv said:
Are you seriously trying to say that doesn't look amazing?

As someone that owns the game, I'll just say that that screenshot is actually pretty ugly compared to the rest of the game...You REALLY could have found a nicer screenshot. The stone textures on the left do look like crap, as do the floor textures. Only the character model stands out.

Firstly, the whole game looks a shit ton better in motion, and secondly, one again: the picture you posted is really bad....

MisterHero

Well I can't say I expect GoW3 to progress any further because of its chosen genre (if it's a great gameplay system why break it) so maybe the graphics and presentation will blow some minds

timetokill said:

:D:D:D

David: Not that you'll care, but you came off a little preachy on that last one. I much prefer the "your mother sucked my c*** while I ate a sammich"-line of retaliation against these trolls, you sexy motherf***er. :lol

And if you glance at this post...I know you aren't going to answer anything specific, but I just have a fairly general question that I hope you might be able to answer generally without giving anything away in terms of specifics, or making your publisher squeal like a pig:

Are "small games" still the focus of your company now? I know you just HAD to do TM:H-O (good job BTW) but I thought the whole point of you going in this new direction was to be able to do more releases, more frequently, kinda like the output we've seen from PixelJunk. I know TM:H-O diverted you guys, but it's been a year and a half since Calling All Cars... Without going into specifics, can you tell us whether you have reconsidered the "small games" initiative, and have a fire in your belly for doing some "full-blown" title again, or is the small games thing still the central idea and you guys just haven't released anything yet because you aren't done? Or has the "larger" scope of some of the newer PSN titles like Wipeout HD made you modify your plans at all, and reconsider what you want to do with a "small" game?

davidjaffe

The Fucking MAN.
Pristine-for now, we have modified our vision for the kind of games we are making.

We want to get back to small games for PSN sometime in the future as we enjoyed that experience. But right now, we've set our sites on something much bigger than we had planned to create when we started ESP. That is why the new game is taking so long to hit.

Thanks for the interest!

David

davidjaffe said:
Pristine-for now, we have modified our vision for the kind of games we are making.

We want to get back to small games for PSN sometime in the future as we enjoyed that experience. But right now, we've set our sites on something much bigger than we had planned to create when we started ESP. That is why the new game is taking so long to hit.

Thanks for the interest!

David
:O I guess nothing at E3 then since you did say a while back that the title was only shown internally at Sony. Ah well, looking forward to whatever you guys are working on!

DrPirate

Banned
dragonlife29 said:
Very interesting thread...:lol

WHAT!? Someone else has a Markus avatar!?

Someone else likes New Blood? <3

Even though the game got to wtf-levels of hard.

Yes, I loved it.

Raistlin

davidjaffe said:
Jesus fucking Christ.

Some of you guys are just nuts man.

Has my little blog post- wherein (by the way) I trumpeted the greatness of BOTH a PS3 title AND a 360 title- really bothered enough people that they are back on this 'my console, your console' thing? I mean, what the hell? Can some of you people just get beyond it?

It's a stupid fucking console. You made a choice- or your mummy and daddy made a choice- and bought you a fucking console to play games on. If you really waste ANY MORE energy giving a fuck about which console is better/best/etc...it's like: man, one day you will look back and go: How did I spent more than 5 seconds thinking about that crap? Hell, my LIVING is determined by how well consoles do and I don't spend 5% the time some of you guys/gals do thinking about this.

God of War 3 looks amazing- STUNNING. One of the best games I've ever seen. And yes, I've seen Crysis. It's a totally different thing. Both are amazing. Gears plays and looks amazing too. There is ROOM for that in the world. Lot of talent in my business, thus, lot of great games. Live with it. Or don't. Whatever.

Also, as to the way I look:

a- please post a more current picture. That was a few months after the hell that was directing GOD OF WAR. No time for the gym, no time for hair cuts. No time for anything. Tends to happen when you commit to something you love and give it your all. One day if you get a job that demands more of you than making sure the customer's paper doesn't land in the sticker bushes you may know what I mean.

b- Please post your picture so we can fuck with it in photoshop and make fun of it. I'm sure you're a real looker.

c- And not to go there, but I just believe in pure honesty so I have to tell the truth: your mother didn't think I was so ugly last nite. But then again, my cock was firmly in her throat and she was probably not looking at my face. But when I gave her the 10 spot afterwards, I could have sworn she made eye contact with me and she told me to, 'Come back again anytime' so my looks could not have bothered her that much, right?

d- Oh, and when you see her next, please tell her my cock is starting to turn a strange shade of green. Should I be worried? I guess that's what I get from getting a blow job from a woman who kind of looks like the Hulk. Shit, what does that say about me?!?

Talk later-

David

If anyone ever deserved their tag, it's you!

davidjaffe said:

Thanks for the interest!

David

Thanks, David. I figured it was something like that. Looking forward to your next title.

I'm a big PSN/"small games" fan, so its a little bittersweet, but you have to go where the creativity takes you.

And hey, there's always PixelJunk.

kay

Onix said:

If anyone ever deserved their tag, it's you!
You certainly don't. Should be 17,763 instead of 9,999 posts.
Looks like the mods stopped updating it. Someone should fix it.

I would have expected something with a little more bite and wit behind it than some old "Yo Momma" material coming from David Jaffe.

Likely would have gone over the offender's head, I suppose.

Hy_

Would love a true next-gen Twisted Metal. Destructible concrete walls, buildings, etc. Part Burnout: Paradise and part massive explosions blowing shit apart.

JasonUresti said:
I would have expected something with a little more bite and wit behind it than some old "Yo Momma" material coming from David Jaffe.

Likely would have gone over the offender's head, I suppose.

Jaffe don't play that. If you want shitty, overwrought dialog, go watch a Kevin Smith film.

Raistlin

kay said:
You certainly don't. Should be 17,763 instead of 9,999 posts.
Looks like the mods stopped updating it. Someone should fix it.

It's likely somewhere around 35,000 ... but then again, that's part of the joke :)

Pristine_Condition said:
If you want shitty, overwrought dialog, go watch a Kevin Smith film.

kittownyangry.gif

Pristine_Condition said:
Jaffe don't play that. If you want shitty, overwrought dialog, go watch a Kevin Smith film.

I always think David Jaffe is like the Kevin Smith of video game industry. both are pretty humble saying they're not a good game maker / film maker, both also curses pretty openly

oh, and they also know how to rip some one to shred with words if they want to.

Onix said:
kittownyangry.gif

Oh, come on...you know it's true. When the man isn't making Seth Rogan look like even more of a pussy than you ever thought he could be, he's working hard writing the most unrealistic dialog outside of a George Lucas screenplay.

Raistlin

Pristine_Condition said:
Oh, come on...you know it's true. When the man isn't making Seth Rogan look like even more of a pussy than you ever thought he could be, he's working hard writing the most unrealistic dialog outside of a George Lucas screenplay.

There is HUGE difference between Smith unrealistic and Lucas unrealistic. One is entertaining, while the other makes you wish you were viewing it in a language you don't know.

Besides, if realism was my main criteria for movie-going, I'd only watch documentaries.

megateto

I'm seriously considering translating into Spanish all your posts in this thread, David, so more people get to know how a honest developer thinks about games and internet mocking.

Congrats/enhorabuena!!!!

Nose Master

It's kind of disappointing, and says a lot that all of you are so supportive of that shit. Just because he's kind of a video game developer. If anyone else made a post about fucking someone else's mother, you'd troll him right back to gamefaqs. But, in some dire hope to get involved in Calling All Cars 2, everyone tosses his salad.

What a joke.

jax (old)

Banned
Jaffee rocks. GOD OF WAR was so much fun. I'm glad that retarded hater got banned. :D

10/10 to this thread.

Can't wait to see the game. I'm guessing KZ2 tech research is filtering down to the other SONY devs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom