• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jaffe on GOW3 - "Looks like a painting come to life"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow @ corny insults @ Jaffe.

Also I'd hope that GoW2 would look great. So many memorable moments and just epic shit in those games. Can't wait to see its transition to next gen.

Zenith

Banned
Jaffe, console warz aside that "better than Gears2/Uncharted/whatever" is a pretty bold statement even with GoW's pedigree. can you just give us something concrete to chat over like what the art style is or something? how's it compare to that CG teaser?

mountain_duwe said:
I love my mother. Call me ugly, whatever...but leave my mother out of it.

wow, that mother joke just totally flew over your head, didn't it?

uh david

i think the words "hook, line, and sinker" apply here

hell, i don't think even he was expecting a catch this big

"Hahahaha, yessss...I win.

...love your games, bro."

well, fuck.

Zenith said:
Jaffe, console warz aside that "better than Gears2/Uncharted/whatever" is a pretty bold statement even with GoW's pedigree. can you just give us something concrete to chat over like what the art style is or something? how's it compare to that CG teaser?

It's a bold statement, but with stuff like Killzone 2 releasing early next year and already looking so much better than anything out there on consoles, it's not surprising that God of War 3 would take it a notch further than even that.

I doubt he can comment on specifics other than to say it looks amazing and looks like a painting.

For what it's worth, the DPAD impressions were confused as to whether or not the trailer shown at a recent SCEE event was realtime or CG...so, that tells you right there that it looks damn good (if it's real time, of course). They said everyone was really pumped up and jazzed after seeing it.

TheExodu5

Banned
Jtwo said:
To tell you the truth, I think the GTA4 looks better than Gears2.

What the fuck. :eek:

GTA4 is the worst looking PS3 game I've played this year. Blurry as shit, and a framerate that struggles to break free from the teens.

Please, have anyone actually played Gears of War 2 rather than what the general consensus is? The game pretty much plays like the 1st, the gameplay is rather same old, been there, done that as Gears of War 1. The graphics? Where are these praises coming from? It's a darn good looking game but nowhere as where people are making it out to be.

God of War 3, I'll wait till I actually have seen it myself. Jesus people.

I guess, someone has to feed the damn trolls. Honestly, play Gears of War 2 and if you people actually shat your pants or actually was blown away in actuality while playing the game, what the fuck? I question your graphic/gameplay standards.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
TheExodu5 said:
What the fuck. :eek:

GTA4 is the worst looking PS3 game I've played this year. Blurry as shit, and a framerate that struggles to break free from the teens.
Maybe he was talking about the PC version.

davidjaffe

The Fucking MAN.
Sorry- not my place to go into details. Would LOVE to. But yes it looks better than Uncharted for sure. And Uncharted was one of my top 3 games- visually and play wise- of last year. LOVE that game and am DYING for parrt II!

As for Gears, I dunno man: I thought that game looked AMAZING! When you are going thru the haunted housey style lab (where the shard rain comes down) and when you are inside the belly?!? Man, that was stunning looking. Just amazing to me!

Happy Thanksgiving ya'll! Gotta run- have a fun one! Maybe I'll see you online (Gears, Left 4 Dead, Motorstorm 2, Resistance 2).

David

Wizman23

Banned
Private Hoffman said:
davidjaffe
The Fucking MAN.
:lol :lol :lol :lol

By Far my favorite industry insider on the boards.

The first part of his quote was most likely directed to posters like yourself who live and breathe sales threads.

Back to work on new Twisted Metal! Bad Jaffe! Bad!

I look forward to giving you my money for new TM on PS3 assuming you meant what you said on the TM:WT PS2 extras.

Call me crazy, but is there anything Dave could argue beats Gear's 2 on the PS3 this year? Seems like the "Oh, look at me, I'm can't be racist I have a black friend!" kind of point.

bumpkin

I want to believe because I've thoroughly enjoyed all of the GOW games so far, but I just don't buy into this sort of hype anymore. When I see screenshots or footage that is confirmed to be real-time, I'll believe. Until then, I'll just continue being amped about a new God of War game. :D

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
davidjaffe said:
Sorry- not my place to go into details. Would LOVE to. But yes it looks better than Uncharted for sure. And Uncharted was one of my top 3 games- visually and play wise- of last year. LOVE that game and am DYING for parrt II!

As for Gears, I dunno man: I thought that game looked AMAZING! When you are going thru the haunted housey style lab (where the shard rain comes down) and when you are inside the belly?!? Man, that was stunning looking. Just amazing to me!

Happy Thanksgiving ya'll! Gotta run- have a fun one! Maybe I'll see you online (Gears, Left 4 Dead, Motorstorm 2, Resistance 2).

David

You're such a tease!

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
FortunateSon said:
Please, have anyone actually played Gears of War 2 rather than what the general consensus is? The game pretty much plays like the 1st, the gameplay is rather same old, been there, done that as Gears of War 1. The graphics? Where are these praises coming from? It's a darn good looking game but nowhere as where people are making it out to be.

God of War 3, I'll wait till I actually have seen it myself. Jesus people.

I guess, someone has to feed the damn trolls. Honestly, play Gears of War 2 and if you people actually shat your pants or actually was blown away in actuality while playing the game, what the fuck? I question your graphic/gameplay standards.
I thought the graphics were rather nice. From the screenshot thread:

fa6ana.jpg

I don't think people would complain if you framed that and hung it on the wall.

Orlics

davidjaffe said:

David

NOOO! ONE CONSOLE MUST HAVE THE CLEAR POWER ADVANTAGE SCREW U JAFFE

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
SapientWolf said:

fa6ana.jpg

Some parts look good, some not so much. But it's the best looking game on the market for now.

Nose Master

Ugh. I like(d) Jaffe before I read that response. Are you ten years old, man? Oh god, a random troll called you ugly on the internet! You and Dyack should go get lunch some time.

Also: I hope the TM:B style of cutscenes come back in GoW3. I know they won't.

VindicatorZ said:
gow_flyer_396.jpg

Maybe they aren't going for photo realism and instead are going for a look more along the lines of this? If they can come close to this, it will be amazing.
Dude, that's the same picture I have on my van whoaa

SapientWolf said:

fa6ana.jpg

People also hang Final Fantasy posters on their walls and hang plush toys from their ceilings; just because a few tasteless halfwits wouldn't mind a screenshot from a videogame hanging over their mantleplaces doesn't mean the game's particularly beautiful.

Ariexv

OpinionatedCyborg said:
People also hang Final Fantasy posters on their walls and hang plush toys from their ceilings; just because a few tasteless halfwits wouldn't mind a screenshot from a videogame hanging over their mantleplaces doesn't mean the game's particularly beautiful.
Are you seriously trying to say that doesn't look amazing?

AniHawk

davidjaffe said:
Jesus fucking Christ.

Some of you guys are just nuts man.

Has my little blog post- wherein (by the way) I trumpeted the greatness of BOTH a PS3 title AND a 360 title- really bothered enough people that they are back on this 'my console, your console' thing? I mean, what the hell? Can some of you people just get beyond it?

It's a stupid fucking console. You made a choice- or your mummy and daddy made a choice- and bought you a fucking console to play games on. If you really waste ANY MORE energy giving a fuck about which console is better/best/etc...it's like: man, one day you will look back and go: How did I spent more than 5 seconds thinking about that crap? Hell, my LIVING is determined by how well consoles do and I don't spend 5% the time some of you guys/gals do thinking about this.

God of War 3 looks amazing- STUNNING. One of the best games I've ever seen. And yes, I've seen Crysis. It's a totally different thing. Both are amazing. Gears plays and looks amazing too. There is ROOM for that in the world. Lot of talent in my business, thus, lot of great games. Live with it. Or don't. Whatever.

Also, as to the way I look:

a- please post a more current picture. That was a few months after the hell that was directing GOD OF WAR. No time for the gym, no time for hair cuts. No time for anything. Tends to happen when you commit to something you love and give it your all. One day if you get a job that demands more of you than making sure the customer's paper doesn't land in the sticker bushes you may know what I mean.

b- Please post your picture so we can fuck with it in photoshop and make fun of it. I'm sure you're a real looker.

c- And not to go there, but I just believe in pure honesty so I have to tell the truth: your mother didn't think I was so ugly last nite. But then again, my cock was firmly in her throat and she was probably not looking at my face. But when I gave her the 10 spot afterwards, I could have sworn she made eye contact with me and she told me to, 'Come back again anytime' so my looks could not have bothered her that much, right?

d- Oh, and when you see her next, please tell her my cock is starting to turn a strange shade of green. Should I be worried? I guess that's what I get from getting a blow job from a woman who kind of looks like the Hulk. Shit, what does that say about me?!?

Talk later-

David

See? Like I said. Humble.

Vast Inspiration said:
GOW2 having the best graphics this year is debatable? If you ps3-avatarized individuals say so...

it is the best looking console game released this year. doesn't matter if others disagree because they're wrong.

soldat7

Good grief at the Gears trolling. If you don't think Gears 2 looks HAWT then you haven't played the full game or your TV sucks or you have the eye cancer. Some of the scenery in the game is simply breathtaking. There were over a dozen moments at least where I stopped and stared at the screen as if it were concept art.

I really hope Santa Monica can recapture the magic of God of War I. I wasn't feeling it with God of War II.

YYZ

Ariexv said:
Are you seriously trying to say that doesn't look amazing?
the stone textures on the left side look assy, the tree branches look very videogamey and nothing like a painting. Most of that screen looks very good though.

Carmilla

Banned
I'm going to ignore most of the warfare here (the last thread did not end well >.<) and go straight for the commentary.

THIS GAME AM WANT.

Still...Jaffe is really quite brilliant. He can stir the cocktail anyway he deems fit >.<

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
gtj1092 said:
Point out the amazing.
I'm now imagining you saying this to someone when they point out how amazing the sunset looks. Then you cross your arms and look angsty. The look on your face says how boring it is to live in such a mundane world. You are so above it all gtj1092. Not like those peasants that gasp in awe at every little thing.

kylej

Banned
AniHawk said:
Why is that, exactly?

Because one of the most public figures in the industry posts on internet message boards about shoving his cock in the mouth of some guy's mom. Jaffe's blog reads like a 12 year old's first journal entry. Douche chills and wahjah don't even begin to describe how embarrassing this shit is.

I guess I too would be mad if I were back to making Twisted Metal games again.

soldat7

kylej said:
Because one of the most public figures in the industry posts on internet message boards about shoving his cock in the mouth of some guy's mom. Jaffe's blog reads like a 12 year old's first journal entry. Douche chills and wahjah don't even begin to describe how embarrassing this shit is.

I guess I too would be mad if I were back to making Twisted Metal games again.

47625votepalinweb452x600.png

This man made God of War. GOD-OF-WAR. He's entitled to say whatever he wants in my book.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom