• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jaffe on GOW3 - "Looks like a painting come to life"

Status
Not open for further replies.
templeusox said:
They want to give someone a window of exclusivity. I assume its Game Informer.

Indeed. Most subscribers haven't received their issue yet. So they're going to give GI a small exclusivity window.

omg, I was reading the 1up interview with Jaffe and 1up ask what's the most disappointing thing we did or didn't have chance to do in the game other than hades climbing and Jaffe's answer cracks me up here's the quote

David Jaffe said:
As for the individual game, if I can't say Hades... I really wanted to have a little helper fairy kind of character in the opening that was kind of like Navi in Zelda. I wanted to do a play on that, where Kratos basically got annoyed with it in the first half of the first level and killed it. I thought that would be really fun, and we just never had time to set up that whole thing.

TEH-CJ

Banned
Callibretto said:
omg, I was reading the 1up interview with Jaffe and 1up ask what's the most disappointing thing we did or didn't have chance to do in the game other than hades climbing and Jaffe's answer cracks me up here's the quote

LOL I Love you jaffe but wut :lol

YYZ

Callibretto said:
that would have been awesome :lol

Puck

Banned
TEH-CJ said:
The fuck is it with embargo's and street dates

its fucking stupid!, I mean whats the point?
Mainly so journalists write decent articles. They have time to articulate thoughts and do well thought out view on the game.
Otherwise every site would rush out a shitty article to be the "first site" within a few minutes of the viewing finishing.
Embargos are good.

thaOwner

YYZ said:
fuuckflashlasers_4.gif
remove this, its not allowed.

jett

D-Member

FoxSpirit

jett said:
7 bosses? WTF? 3 bosses is more accurate.

The GOW2 list is also inaccurately inflated. You fight Atropos and Lahkesis at the same time, yet they're named seperately AND there's another entry for all the three sisters of fate. Some of those other "bosses" are barely bossfights, too.

Yeah... that was SUCH a letdown in GoW1. You finish the first level, omgsome bossfight. You are overjoyed. And then you wait. For a long time.

So how many bosses are there really in GoW2?

jett

D-Member
FoxSpirit said:
Yeah... that was SUCH a letdown in GoW1. You finish the first level, omgsome bossfight. You are overjoyed. And then you wait. For a long time.

The number of honest to goodness bossfights in Gow2 is around 10.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
FoxSpirit said:

Looking at that list, eleven, though since you fight Atropos and Lahkesis at the same time as Jett said, it's more like ten.

Edit: Beaten

davidjaffe

The Fucking MAN.
MoonsaultSlayer said:
So after reading that David Jaffe interview on 1up, I feel he REALLY wants to tell the story of Kratos' brother lol. It doesn't help that I've been listening to the soundtracks recently and heard the secret track about Kratos wanting to continue his adventure in search of someone who may or may not have forgiven him.

The current story is better, Jaffe. No offense.

Wow- you have no idea what you are talking about, no offense :)

I never said that is the story I was going to go with. It wasn't. So there :)

Banned
davidjaffe said:

don't worry about what he said Dave. I'd personally LOVE to see you make that game... ;)

Guled

so are we getting video on friday? Anyway I hope it comes out early 2010, I don't want this game and Heavy Rain fighting for GOTY

____

davidjaffe said:

So...

what we'll be seeing Friday.

Do you know if it's what you saw before?

Hopefully the "new direction" of the game doesn't conflict with Jaffe's quote of "God of War explains, or ultimately will explain, why there are no more Greek myths."

:(

davidjaffe

The Fucking MAN.
I have no idea what they showed. I hope they showed some of what I saw tho, just to shut some of you motherfuckers up :)

David

davidjaffe said:

Was it something to do with those three panels from the end of God of War 2, the third of which seemed to depict the Three Wise Men traveling to Bethlehem? Because that whole thing struck me as a possibly really cool concept if it were to happen, but also something that might be too controversial/difficult to portray.
Jack Scofield said:
Hopefully the "new direction" of the game doesn't conflict with Jaffe's quote of "God of War explains, or ultimately will explain, why there are no more Greek myths."

This also.

KGKK

Banned
Jack Scofield said:

Wtf really? Wow...

I'm ignorant here, so can someone put 20,000 polygons for one character into some type of next gen (this gen) perspective for me? And I'm sure the polygon count =/= quality per se, but I'm just curious.

jett

D-Member
Jack Scofield said:

GOW3 = Olympus bomba

jett

D-Member
templeusox said:
I'm ignorant here, so can someone put 20,000 polygons for one character into some type of next gen (this gen) perspective for me? And I'm sure the polygon count =/= quality per se, but I'm just curious.

Snake in MGS4 uses between 5k and 10k polys.

I wonder if GOW3 will run at 60fps...probably not.

Banned
templeusox said:

GoW 1 & 2 = 5,000 polygons
GoW 3 = 20,000 polygons

therefore: 4X the fun.

templeusox said:

I don't think 20k polygon is surprising in this generation especially for main character. I don't have the exact number, but I'm pretty sure mgs4 is beyond that, maybe Killzone as well, and you can safely say Heavy Rain surpass that number on probably faces alone.

jett said:
Snake in MGS4 uses between 5k and 10k polys.

I wonder if GOW3 will run at 60fps...probably not.

oh well, I'm wrong I guess

Banned
davidjaffe said:
I have no idea what they showed. I hope they showed some of what I saw tho, just to shut some of you motherfuckers up :)

David

Dave, IYO how different is what you saw compared to what we were shown from the VGA?

a simple % would suffice.

edit: IYO

00011000 said:
Dave, how different is what you saw compared to what we were shown from the VGA?

a simple % would suffice.

percentage is way more than simple. really a simple better or much better is good enough

joesmokey

templeusox said:
A quick Google search shows that Drake was about 25-30k in Uncharted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom