• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jan 06 Gamepro reviews. X360 reviews and first DoA4 review inside.

Mrbob

I'm just going to score on the fun factor. Scores go as high as 5.

Xbox 360

Call of Duty 2 - 5
Condemned - 3.5
NFS MW - 4.5
NBA Live 06 - 4
Tiger Woods 06 - 3.5
Fifa 06 - 3

All other reviews:

Soul Calibur 3 - 4
From Russia with Love - 4
Matrix Path of Neo - 4
Stubbs the Zombie - 3.5
Fatal Frame 3 - 4
Trapt - 2.5
Guitar Hero - 4.5
Brothers in Arms 2 - 3.5
Smackdown vs Raw 2006 - 2.5
Viewtiful Joe Red Hot Rumble - 3.5
Harry Potter - 3
The Warriors - 4.5
Mario Party 7 -4
NFS MW - 4.5
Gun - 3.5
FEAR - 5
Age of Empires 3 - 4
GTA LCS - 5
The Con - 3.5
Animal Crossing DS - 3.5 (Translation on 10 point scale = 7uped BOMBA?)
Mario Kart DS - 4.5
Mario and Luigi DS - 4
Viewtiful Joe DS - 4
Dr Mario and Puzzle League - 3.5
NBA 06 PS2 - 4
NBA 06 PSP - 4
Live 06 PSP - 4.5
FIFA 06 PSP - 4
Super Mario Strikers - 5 (ME = wtf)
Fire Emblem GC - 4
Dragon Quest 8 - 4

Oh, and think there is one more too.

Dead or Alive 4 - 5 (C Warrior am cry)

Mrbob

1085868875_team_ninja_logo.jpg

42154858.jpg

human5892

Queen of Denmark
Gamepro can be the punchline to virtually any joke.

Guy walks into a bar, says to the bartender, "Gamepro!"

Hahahah, Gamepro.

Baron Aloha

A Shining Example
Deg said:
DOA4 outscored SC3 on fun factor. What retards. :lol

Actually I can't blame them for that. DOA is definitely more of a pick-up-and-play sort of game so I can see why a lot of people would find it more enjoyable/fun to play.

Don't get me wrong I prefer the SC series over the DOA series but for the average person DOA is probably more fun.

My question is how can they review a game that isn't even finished yet (last I heard)?

Amir0x

Banned
remember that time Gamepro had an article on Soul Calibur III, and they said Soul Calibur II was a horrible disappointment and failure?

yeah

Amir0x

Banned
HomerSimpson-Man said:
They did?! F' that!!

It was when Gamepro confirmed SCIII was PS2 exclusive. It was written in such a way that everyone literally thought the article was fake.

Until we realized it, ya know, wasn't

Exact words were that SCII was a "disappointment and ill-fated."

Deg

Banned
SC2 was still flat out awesome with all its flaws. SC3 fixes those flaws but messes up the one player.

Domo-Kun

That Animal Crossing review was a result of the reviewer having never played the original on GC along with getting very little time online with it......

Personally, I thought it deserved higher

and don't even get me started on Path of Neo....

chespace

It's not actually trolling if you don't admit it
I personally challenge anyone on Gamepro to a game of Soul Calibur 3.

I know you guys are reading GAF. Any takers? We could film it for the 1up show, even.

Domo-Kun

I don't think anyone has been playing SC3 since we got it in the office...

Too busy with Fear, Guitar Hero, and Bust a Move DS (Wireless multiplayer is God)

Mrbob

Gamepro also comprised an interesting top 10 list article in their mag. Top 10 current gen games the staff is looking forward too in 2006:

10) Hitman Blood Money
9) Metroid Prime Hunters (Not sure how this qualifies for current gen!)
8) Tomb Raider Legend
7) Jaws Unleashed
6) The Godfather
5) Bully
4) Black
3) Final Fantasy 12
2) Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess
1) Okami

No Starcraft Ghost in this list? But yet The Godfather, Jaws Unleashed and Hitman 202020012010 is listed? What a sham. Looking at this list though it looks like now is the time for next gen to come. Current gen is practically dead.

byproduct

The Amiga Brotherhood
I thought DOA just got delayed so they can tweak it - how can it be reviewed in a print magazine already? Did they play an unfinished version and guess at what changes would be made for release before giving it a score?

AbeFroman

chespace said:
I personally challenge anyone on Gamepro to a game of Soul Calibur 3.

I know you guys are reading GAF. Any takers? We could film it for the 1up show, even.

Chris Cook would kick yer arse

MIMIC

Banned
Amir0x said:
It was when Gamepro confirmed SCIII was PS2 exclusive. It was written in such a way that everyone literally thought the article was fake.

Until we realized it, ya know, wasn't

Exact words were that SCII was a "disappointment and ill-fated."

Are you fucking kidding? Take a look at SCII's scoring on the site (mostly 5s across the board).

This thread is nothing but an "I hate GamePro" propagandist circle jerk. I mean, seriously.

Amir0x

Banned
MIMIC said:
Are you fucking kidding? Take a look at SCII's scoring on the site (mostly 5s across the board).

This thread is nothing but an "I hate GamePro" propagandist circle jerk. I mean, seriously.

No, that's literally what the article said. Soul Calibur II was "a huge, ill-fated disappointment." I couldn't make up something as insane.

Kimi

Ooh our Golden Guitar Hero Sl1p would beat your ass down in Guitar Hero! Film for the 1UP show???? We already got him beating GameSpot on video! :D

Mr Jared

Kimi said:
Ooh our Golden Guitar Hero Sl1p would beat your ass down in Guitar Hero! Film for the 1UP show???? We already got him beating GameSpot on video! :D

Plz stop talking shit for me. Thanks to you I have Shane relaying a bunch of messages from crazy people from various publications saying "I HURD UR INTERN TALK SHIT HUH HUH?"

Why don't defend the 1UP honor sometime? Hmm? ;D

DOA4 outscored SC3 on fun factor. What retards.

IDBTN.

People can shit talk Gamepro all day long, but at the end of the day Soul Calibur III is Grapety Grape while Dead or Alive 4 is obviously Orangey Orange.

DEAL WITH IT!!!1

Mrbob

Sl1p said:
Plz stop talking shit for me. Thanks to you I have Shane relaying a bunch of messages from crazy people from various publications saying "I HURD UR INTERN TALK SHIT HUH HUH?"

Why don't defend the 1UP honor sometime? Hmm? ;D

IDBTN.

People can shit talk Gamepro all day long, but at the end of the day Soul Calibur III is Grapety Grape while Dead or Alive 4 is obviously Orangey Orange.

DEAL WITH IT!!!1

Most of GAF will always hate DoA series. How it has always been.

Top Bottom