• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January 2009 NPD Article (Gamasutra)

Sadist

Leondexter said:
I bought WaW for the Wii, and can testify to its relative scarcity--I had to go to Gamestop to get it, a place I ususally avoid. I also got the 3rd degree when I bought it. I've always wondered how much influence sales clerks have on the whole...I can easily picture somebody being dissuaded from buying a game if they got the kind of reaction I did.
Do tell please.

But, from a sub 20k release month in november, to 396k in december that is pretty good for WaW Wii. Should be close to 500k in the USA. It has to be over 500k worldwide.

Sadist said:
Do tell please.

But, from a sub 20k release month in november, to 396k in december that is pretty good for WaW Wii. Should be close to 500k in the USA. It has to be over 500k worldwide.

Not much to tell, really--the clerk just seemed to think I was crazy to want it on the Wii. He thought I should either buy it for another system, or buy another game.

donny2112

Sadist said:
But, from a sub 20k release month in november,

Where'd you get that number from? As far as I know, we got no information on how it sold in November, at the time. Its performance was derided due to lack of any evidence to the contrary.

markatisu

donny2112 said:
Where'd you get that number from? As far as I know, we got no information on how it sold in November, at the time. Its performance was derided due to lack of any evidence to the contrary.

God if we had seen it sold 20k or less in November I think people would have had a field day here calling it an epic bomba :lol

Vinci

Danish
Leondexter said:
Not much to tell, really--the clerk just seemed to think I was crazy to want it on the Wii. He thought I should either buy it for another system, or buy another game.

Did you pull your Wiimote out of your pocket and slap him across the face with it? I've done it before. It's satisfying and very insulting.

Sadist

donny2112 said:
Well, I saw it somewhere... can't find the link at the moment. It was posted on GAF, I know it is. Some posters were having a fieldday because of it. Lololololol core games don't sell on Wii. That was a stupid thread. :(

Link

The Autumn Wind
Vinci said:
Did you pull your Wiimote out of your pocket and slap him across the face with it? I've done it before. It's satisfying and very insulting.
The Ton-Wii Danza?

jvm

Gamasutra.
JJConrad said:
jmv, on page 5 it is said that the Top 10 accounted for only 14% of all unit sales. Am I misreading something? That would make for about 19 million in total unit sales for the month. That seems insanely high for January.

Following up, from another source it would appear that 17.3 million is a better estimate. I believe that's still quite strong, and up significantly from last year.

Top Bottom