• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January WrassleGAF |OT| Rocky Road to Wrestle Kingdom Starts Now

Kaladin

Sometimes I don't know if you guys hate Bo Dallas, if you hate him because it's cool to hate him or if you're making fun of people who hate Bo Dallas but actually might not mind him or are reserving judgement for a later date.

That last bit is a stretch for this crowd, I know.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
I played the living dogshit out of those when they came out for PC long ago. Revisited it on the Wii - it's so bad, but so good. Very much a sign of the times.

Nowadays Mad Dog McCree would cost 200 million and not match the charm of the originals.

Mad Dog and all those people in his game ran a train on the mayor's daughter.

Barrett doesn't even live in the Intercontinents! B.O. Dallas on the other hand has a truly Intercontinental name in DALLAS. He's the champ we deserve.
He's the champ you deserve, absolutely.

3rd Generation Superstar - who are you to question that sort of pedigree, WrassleGAF?
He can join the Legacy with such other greats as Manu and Sim Snuka

Has anyone thought that Wade would be in the workd title hunt after putting Bo over
Considering Dolph still can't get in the picture, no.

Also for Persp, *Full Smackdown spoilers*
* SmackDown opens with Booker T and Teddy Long in the ring for their big World Title announcement. Sheamus, Randy Orton, The Great Khali, Daniel Bryan, Kane and Dolph Ziggler are also out as Elimination Chamber participants. Ziggler interrupts and isn't interested in all this because he already has a guaranteed shot. Booker makes Ziggler vs. Alberto Del Rio for later tonight. Also, Team Hell No vs. Sin Cara and Rey Mysterio. Jack Swagger returned and wanted in the Chamber but Booker says he has to earn it, as does everyone else tonight.

* Alberto Del Rio is shown looking for Big Show and he is ready to fight.

* Cara and Rey vs. Team Hell No is up next. Mysterio and Cara get the win in what was said to be a great tag team match. Kane and Bryan argued after the match.

* Matt Striker interviews Alberto Del Rio outside. Del Rio is waiting with a baseball bat but tells Striker he's just getting some fresh air.

* The Great Khali defeated Jinder Mahal. Heath Slater and Drew McIntyre tried to get involved but Hornswoggle stopped them.

* Teddy Long tells Booker backstage that it was his idea to bring Jack Swagger back. Cody Rhodes and Damien Sandow come in. Booker books Sandow vs. Sheamus for tonight.

* Lots of recap videos from RAW. They show video of Vince McMahon being stretchered out of the arena with Stephanie McMahon at his side.

* Sheamus vs. Sandow is up next. The Shield ended up interfering and attacking Sheamus.

* Wade Barrett vs. Randy Orton is up next. Orton wins after a RKO. Somewhere Nocturnowl is bitter at this turn of events.

* Barrett is being interviewed backstage when he sees Bo Dallas. They brawl and Barrett gets the upperhand. Nocturnowl is brought back into good spirits.

* Jack Swagger vs. Kofi Kingston is up next. Good back and forth match. Swagger got the win with the ankle lock.

* Del Rio is outside as Big Show's tour bus arrives. Del Rio attacks him as he gets out. They end up fighting on top of a car. Del Rio chases Show but he jumps into another car and drives away.

* Alberto Del Rio beats Dolph Ziggler with the cross armbreaker.

* Big Show is backstage and he has Ricardo Rodriguez held hostage. Del Rio runs to the back but Show knocks Ricardo out with a knockout punch.

July 2001 and heading towards the InVasion PPV. Everything is so good. Chemistry between Stone Cold Steve Austin, Kurt Angle and Vince McMahon is golden. Crowds are shit hot, loving EVERYTHING.

Perry Saturn has found his mop.

strobogo

Banned
Randy Orton beating the IC and US Champion in the same week is even weirder booking than Bo beating Wade. At least for him, it is a big victory for a young upstart. Randy beating both second tier champs because they have nothing else for him to do is silly. I'm Randy vs Waded out, but I would love to see an Orton/Claudio feud for real.

I'm still waiting for Swiss Death countered into an RKO.

Sokantish

Bo is pretty bland/freaky looking/insipid, but I honestly don't think he's quite as bad as WrassleGAF is making out. He has some potential, but I don't think we're going to see too much of it in this random push he's receiving at Barrett's expense.

I don't think he's offensively bad, I'm just bummed out that he's the one that got called out when there's so many other dudes that I would have been more excited about

Omega

Banned
I actually liked the belly to belly counter Bo used to win the match against Wade, it didn't look all that bad and is certainly a better finisher than his spear.

iijuhd0PqWpHT.gif

...that's his finisher? that's basically what Orton does after his two shitty clotheslines

in two years a small package is going to be a finisher. can't wait'

watching it again, that's the worst belly to belly ever. it honestly looked like a scoop slam

strobogo

Banned
wcw2000.tumblr.com

WCW Thunder 9/6/2000

EARLIER TODAY. MI SMOOV brought the NBT to the Power Plant.

vlcsnap-2013-01-31-14h11m33s106_zpsc531c9b6.png

Kwee Wee vs Lt. Loco

I don't know why I was never into Sharmell in WWE. Probably because she wasn't wearing booty shorts every week. Prime Time and Gunns come down to the booth. This is a number one contender match. I wish Alan Funk didn't have such a stupid gimmick. It just pigeon holed him as a comedy gay character for the rest of his career. He was pretty good in the ring. Paisley gets involved and Chavo eats a Tenryu-esque BRAINBUSTAH! Kwee Wee is the number one contender. After the match, Gunns fights with Paisley. Tygress runs out and Elix gets a handle on his YAK. MIA run out. Kind of late, guys.

vlcsnap-2013-01-31-14h20m26s0_zpsc1b355f4.png

EARLIER TODAY. Bret Hart arrived!

TO THE BACK. Goldberg has arrived.

Show run down. Multiple replays on Bill kicking Bret's head off at Starrcade are shown. Another interview: Tenay talks with David and Stacy. More footage from Wargames 2000.

EARLIER TODAY.
The NBT returned home and INVADED the Power Plant. Mike Graham was trainign someone. Holy shit, he was short. He puts Sanders in a figure four before succumbing to the numbers game. O'Haire assasults a trainee mopping the floors. They confront Orndorff in his office. They drag him to a ring when security and another trainee save himl. He looks like Eddie Bravo on da juice.

vlcsnap-2013-01-31-14h26m15s223_zpsc7343989.png

TO THE INTERVIEW. Everything is ready for the wedding. Tenay wants to know if Ric is going to be there. Arn already said Ric would be there. David hasn't talked to him, though. Why is Mike such an asshole who asks questions just to make people mad? He's such a shit stirrer. He called Stacy a gold digger on an interview a few days from their wedding. Then he asks if David is going to be a better father than Ric, and when David insists that's a bit personal, Mike says he doesn't think it is personal at all. How is asking "Your father was shitty at being a dad, do you think you're going to be as shitty?" not a personal question? They storm off and Mike gives them 6 months if they're lucky.

vlcsnap-2013-01-31-14h31m59s82_zps2b33bfae.png

TO THE BACK
. Goldberg is looking for Bret.

TO MONDAY AFTERNOON.
Replay of The Harris Brothers beating up Kronik in a bar. Can we get to the ring?

3 Count vs Kronik

3 Count come out with bats and mean srs bidness. The most annoying stoners are the ones that constantly talk about weed. Fucking Kronik. I get it. You smoke weed. A ton of people smoke weed. Bragging about smoking weed hasn't made you cooler in decades. The Harris Brothers come out and 3 Count win by count out. Tank comes out and punches them all in the face.

TO THE BACK.
A lot of security guards with terrible undercuts are outside Bret's dressing room. I'm pretty sure one of them is Michael Shane. I wonder if he told Bret he was HBK's cousin. Gene is with Crowbar. Crowbar will get a match with Shane. he asks about Daffney's boyfriend. Why are all the announcers such dick heads? Obviously that's a sore spot for Crowbar.

vlcsnap-2013-01-31-14h40m03s207_zpsad1e14cf.png

A new segment for Thunder. Mike Awesome's Lava Lamp Lounge. This makes me sad. Leisure suit, tie dye, lava lamps, feathered hair. His first guest is Paula Poundstone. He actually calls her Paula and I yellow El'd for real. He wants to know if the wrestlers hit on her a lot. She might like small dicks as long as they are humor. He hits on her with the lamest come on lines that you hear in school. Jeff comes out to break this up. "You look like a cross between John Travolta in Saturday Night Live and Austin Powers." Not a typo. He said Saturday Night Live. Jeff stumbles over his words in EVERY promo. He's basically the Paulie Walnuts of WCW. They brawl and the set gets torn apart. Gene saves Paula from getting hit with a guitar, but Awesome got hit with it. Poor Mike. When Tensai commits suicide, maybe they can hang out and laugh.

vlcsnap-2013-01-31-14h41m00s111_zpsb6438997.png

Shane Douglas vs Crowbar

Sting and Vampiro will have a falls count anywhere match tonight. That's the most important thing about this match. Torrie got involved. Shane hit the Franchiser for the win. Daffney comes out and they fight. Ozzy comes out and just watches until Shane throws Daffney off. Shane handily beats his ass. Madusa comes out and kicks Torrie in the stomach and hits an enziguri on Shane. Wat.

TO THE BACK. Security tries to prevent Goldberg from entering Bret's locker room. He takes 6 dudes out instantly. But Bret wasn't there. Where is Bert Hurt?

Bret Hart comes to the ring. He immediately BURIES Mike Awesome for no reason. "Hey, Mike Awesome, you're about worth about half as much as you were 15 minutes ago."

vlcsnap-2013-01-31-14h59m24s142_zps81adcc49.png

He bitches about getting screwed over and over and over. He name drops HBK, Vince, Austin, Taker, and Rock. He beat them all. Russo is the only guy who treated him right. Bret comes back just to be a whiny bitch? Bret calls the kick the "mother of all potatoes". That kick cost him millions of dollars, he says something about getting a slug in the back in the head, he couldn't buy the ranch he wanted, he has 10% permanent brain damage possibly for the rest of his life. Obviously. Goldberg comes out and Bret begs him to end it for good. Bill just wants to set the record straight. He LEGIT SHOOT feels remorse for hurting Bret and some days he wishes it was him. I don't like this. Bret screaming and ranting like a bitter asshole. It makes me sad. Even worse than when he was tearing shit up on Raw and fell down. Goldberg restrains himself and leaves until Bret calls him "kid" and he comes back. But then Scott Steiner attacks Goldberg. He puts Bill in the recliner while Bret shit talks him.

vlcsnap-2013-01-31-15h07m38s224_zps87fe07da.png

TO THE BACK. Steiner leaves with a new, blond YAK.

Filthy Animals vs Harris Brothers WCW Tag Team Championships

Why are they getting a title match? They've had two matches in 4 months and one of them was a no contest. Kronik come out and Disco confronts them to protect Rey and Juvi. What a fucking idiot. Obviously they were coming out for the Harris Brothers. Rey gets the win for his team. Titles retained.

Recap of Wargames 2000 with weirdly upbeat rock music. Almost like ska. Booker T celebrating with his friends and family after the match is shown. I lol at the one white dude in the stairwell.

TO THE BACK. Sting heads to the ring.

TO THE TAILGATE PARTY.
God damn, WCW clearly didn't give a fuck about Thunder. It has more filler than Raw.

Recap of Sting vs Vampiro feud.

Vampiro vs Sting Falls Count Anywhere

ICP are on color, but Stevie and Tony leave. Or maybe this is just a no holds barred match. "Tony Zimbabwe" Lol. "Onion Ring." "The Lion King." They brawl into the crowd and come back to ringside. The only time ICP are tolerable is when they're on color saying the most ridiculous shit. Pretty mindless brawl that was the same Vamp/Sting match as all of them, maybe with slightly more Vamp offense. Sting wins with a death drop OUTTA NOWHERE! Muta pulls Sting out the ring, possibly saving him. Then he tries to mist him, but hits the fat clown. So Goldberg comes out and beats up ICP and Vamp for no reason that I could see. He calls Bret back out.

Team Canada show up on ThunderVision and Lance says he'll be right out to fight!

vlcsnap-2013-01-31-15h52m33s30_zps0e271134.png

Goldberg vs Team Canada

I felt like a spear to Prime Time would be more brutal looking. Lance bails, but Hugh fights him on the ramp and sends him back in. Lance gets crushed. lol. Goldberg just beat up two stables in a row and 6 security guards earlier, all with ease. Kind of weird that Lance dropped falls in two tag matches in the same week. You'd think Skipper would be the one who gets pinned.

Randy Orton beating the IC and US Champion in the same week is even weirder booking than Bo beating Wade. At least for him, it is a big victory for a young upstart. Randy beating both second tier champs because they have nothing else for him to do is silly. I'm Randy vs Waded out, but I would love to see an Orton/Claudio feud for real.

I'm still waiting for Swiss Death countered into an RKO.

At least Cesaro's losses are fairly protected. When Orton beat him it wasn't a clean loss. And his two losses to Ryback were count outs and at least he kicked Mizzzzz in his fucking face. I just love how well Claudio made the transition to the WWE while still keeping a very unique style.

jred2k

ICP are a bunch of traitors. They will forever live in my hear as members of The Oddities. I also feel like WWE is only a couple weeks away from calling Khali, Hornswoggle, and Natalya The New Oddities.

BO should start using only elbow strikes. Then he could go by the name BO "Throwin' Bows" Dallas.

He needs to put on some damn elbow pads. Some wrestlers can do that look, but he is not one of them. That used to be my problem with Cody Rhodes. For a while he was basically just rocking trunks and boots. No elbow or knee pads and he just looked really naked. He can get away with nothing on his arms because his arms look good, but I was happy when he started wearing kneepads again.

Spider from Mars

tap that thorax
Bo is the Maven of our generation. He has Takers number and Taker knows it. That's why he might sit this mania out, he has had the fear of BOd put in him. It's only a matter of time Marcus William Calloway, and that time is now.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
The way some of you are talking about Bo Dallas is how I imagine people talked about Maven on AOL back in the day.

Well well well let's check ye olde message boards around Maven's debut:

Then this went on for another 4 or 5 nobodies, but Maven did take out The Undertaker which was great!

Seems people were high on Maven at Rumble time. Maybe Bo can overcome.

The way some of you are talking about Bo Dallas is how I imagine people talked about Maven on AOL back in the day.

Yeah except people actually liked Maven. Maybe that's what they're trying to do.....create another Maven. After all Maven did eliminate Taker from the Rumble. And I don't think he ever got eliminated himself.....so every year I'm hoping he comes back and says he was never eliminated. Heel Maven was just bizarre and hilarious. I can never find any of his heel promos though.

EDIT: I just rewatched it and I didn't realize Taker through Maven back into the ring and then over the top ropes. I just remembered him getting thrown through the middle ropes the first time.

Toki767

The thing with Maven though is that people got to know the guy through Tough Enough. With Bo it's like...okay...there's a new guy, so why am I supposed to like him?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
The thing with Maven though is that people got to know the guy through Tough Enough. With Bo it's like...okay...there's a new guy, so why am I supposed to like him?

How well do we know the last Tough Enough winner?

Oh. OH.

Top Bottom