• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Japan ranks their favorite female characters from Final Fantasy

Khrno

No Prishe? What a fiasco.

ruD5Z.png

Hapy that Celes made it in the top 5.

LiK

That's good. I really... don't see anything wrong with that.

I have to say I'm okay with that mindset. I tend to gravitate to game characters on style (or, put differently, the inspiration I get from the art) than the substance. Amano's art for Celes & her in-game sprite (and the fact that she was in my main party) are the reasons I'd pick her over all the rest.

Ripping my heart out and crushing it.

LuuKyK

This "most recent game = more votes" makes no sense at all. Just look at the male ranking. The nearest someone from XIII is from the top is Noel in the 11th position, so yeah.

Also this is not a Famitsu pool.

LuuKyK

Why are the sales lower each sequel tho

Because people feel like they have to play the older game to play the next, and they are still catching up to that according to the XIII staff. Thats why the last game is not called XIII-3.

Zoe

Because people feel like they have to play the older game to play the next, and they are still catching up to that according to the XIII staff. Thats why the last game is not called XIII-3.

They really should play the previous games though :\

LuuKyK

I have to agree though that Fran's being nowhere to be seen is kinda disappointing. :Z

Lightning is basically female Cloud, and since Cloud wins all the male polls, it makes sense.

Ugh, apparentely people dont read the OT. ~_~

Cloud didn't even win the male pool.

Obs: I added the male ranking to the OP for people that feel like comparing them...

I saw Lightning at the top and knew it wasn't worth looking at the rest of this list. Well Yuna in the top 5 is cool but still...Lightning? She has like one of the worst personalities imaginable.

This "most recent game = more votes" makes no sense at all. Just look at the male ranking. The nearest someone from XIII is from the top is Noel in the 11th position, so yeah.

Also this is not a Famitsu pool.
Well, Crisis Core was the most recent FF game w/a dominant male lead, wasn't it? Noel shared the spotlight w/a returning female character, so he stood out less.

Haunted

Man, Japanese and Western tastes have really diverged this gen. FFXIII and Lightning are pretty much maligned everywhere but in Japan. And of course, S-E trying to concentrate on their domestic sales are losing out on global sales.

Wilsongt

Toriyama: All according to keikaku

But, no. Lightning is not the best.

Yuna, Agrias, Ashe... All so much better than Lightning.

Also, Aerith for number 2? What? You know her for like... a single disc.

Get it together, Japan.

Principate

Saint Titanfall
Man, Japanese and Western tastes have really diverged this gen. FFXIII and Lightning are pretty much maligned everywhere but in Japan.

And of course, S-E trying to concentrate on their domestic sales are losing out on global sales.

TBF FFXIII-2 sold a fair bit worse in Japan aswell. So perhaps they really do just like Lightning.

Verendus

Banned
Now what SE needs to do, is base a female characters looks off Zack and give her an entire generation of wank to herself.

Yeah I bet Cloud is so popular because of his winning personality. Squall too.
Squall was a fledgling comedian. He needed more time.

Shinta

Banned
Man, Japanese and Western tastes have really diverged this gen. FFXIII and Lightning are pretty much maligned everywhere but in Japan.
Actually, both games reviewed pretty favorably in the west. Currently, most previews of Lightning Returns are also positive if you read all the ones posted today.

I'd hardly call it "maligned" unless you get your opinions from internet trolls.

Apenheul

As someone who's played Final Fantasy games since the SNES games I feel like characters such as Lightning are the most popular among gamers who joined the party post-FF7 and appreciate the series for different reasons than I do. I've begun to realize that I'm no longer the target audience for the series as it's evolved in directions that appeal more to this 'new' audience. To me the spinoffs are much more exciting than the main-line games.

Top Bottom