• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Japan release day sales 2/8: Virtua Bomba 5

Jonnyram

PS3 | Virtua Fighter 5 32000 37%
DS | Luminous Arc 19000 49%
DS | Jet Impulse 2400 12%
PS2 | OutRun2 SP 2900 32%
PSP | Medal Of Honor Heroes 3500 26%

Also, there appears to be a problem with the Sega stick "Virtua Stick High Grade".
All shipments are being recalled from retailers. Apparently sometimes input doesn't register.

http://blog.livedoor.jp/neoplay/archives/50887502.html

178627.jpg

How is this possible?

Under a best case scenario, that's 100k for the week right?

gkryhewy

Jonnyram said:
Also, there appears to be a problem with the Sega stick "Virtua Stick High Grade". All shipments are being recalled from retailers. Apparently somethings input doesn't register.

Wow, if true that will really blow for importers. Play-Asia wanted ~35 USD to ship that beast.

Avalon

Doom_Bringer said:
next gen is dead in japan, sony and ms should pull out. nothing can save PS3/360 IMO

It's called HD gaming and it doesn't look like anything can get them out of this rut in Japan.

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
Eh, it's not terrible. 32 yesterday. Another 30 today. And another 20-25 tomorrow should put it near 100k, I predict. That's just my guess.

Jonnyram

bud said:
It's already posted in the mc thread.

I wonder why you posted this...
I guess it wasn't there when I started my post :p
Besides, first day numbers are back, baby. We should have this thread every week from now on.

weepy

AlphaSnake said:
Eh, it's not terrible. 32 yesterday. Another 30 today. And another 20-25 tomorrow should put it near 100k, I predict. That's just my guess.

Yeah. It will sellout...right?

RamzaIsCool

The Amiga Brotherhood
I wonder when we are going to see the consequences of this Next Gen failure thing in Japan, suppose DQIX was only the intro. Not good...

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
weepy said:
Yeah. It will sellout...right?

I don't know what the shipment numbers of the game are. But I'd imagine a newly released game should typically maintain its momentum for 3 days, before the sales really begin to drop.

Link

The Autumn Wind
AlphaSnake said:
They didn't even ship that many according to the numbers.

RamzaIsCool said:
I wonder when we are going to see the consequences of this Next Gen failure thing in Japan, suppose DQIX was only the intro. Not good...

Well at least Capcom saw this and now focuses on Western market. One can hope Namco and Konami do the same.

Not that big a deal. It'll probably get to 70k or so by the end of the week. I'm sure fanboys will get a lot of mileage out of this, but the fact remains that PS3 is getting far too many important sequels not to establish itself in Japan.

Really disappointing numbers for Jet Impulse, even though they obviously weren't expecting much to begin with.

Avalon

speculawyer said:
You are just asking for someone to point out that the Wii is not next gen. No HD, very weak processor speed upgrade, can't even play DVDs = not next gen.

The whole point of "next-gen" is to be able to do things the previous generation couldn't... The Wii can certainly do that.

SleazyC

They only shipped 150k copies correct? So going by the previous poster we had 32k, 30k and we'll still have to see how it fares the rest of the week but I don't think we are going to see miraculous numbers in the next MC. It might be the first PS3 title to crack the top 5 but who knows. Hardware numbers should be slightly up but I don't think they will be anywhere near Wii levels. Sony has a rough year ahead of them.

Link

The Autumn Wind
speculawyer said:
You are just asking for someone to point out that the Wii is not next gen. No HD, very weak processor speed upgrade, can't even play DVDs = not next gen.
Is this the kind of gauge we're using to measure this stuff? Should I be upset that my refrigerator can't warm food up?

RamzaIsCool

The Amiga Brotherhood
Doom_Bringer said:
Well at least Capcom saw this and now focuses on Western market. One can hope Namco and Konami do the same.

But isn’t the whole point of Japanese games.....well uhm that they are Japanese. You know different flavour....diversifies the whole thing.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
SleazyC said:
They only shipped 150k copies correct? So going by the previous poster we had 32k, 30k and we'll still have to see how it fares the rest of the week but I don't think we are going to see miraculous numbers in the next MC. It might be the first PS3 title to crack the top 5 but who knows. Hardware numbers should be slightly up but I don't think they will be anywhere near Wii levels. Sony has a rough year ahead of them.

You can actually see how many they shipped.

What they sold is 37% of what they shipped.

ksamedi

miguel_c_hammer said:
Not that big a deal. It'll probably get to 70k or so by the end of the week. I'm sure fanboys will get a lot of mileage out of this, but the fact remains that PS3 is getting far too many important sequels not to establish itself in Japan.

Really disappointing numbers for Jet Impulse, even though they obviously weren't expecting much to begin with.

Well maybe those sequals werent so important to begin with. FF can sell consoles, but stuff like VF5 or DMC not.

Jonnyram

kenta said:
I don't get the big deal, that's first-day sales right? As in one single day?
Typically in the Japan market, games sell about 2/3 of their weekly sales on release day. DOA Xtreme 2, for example, sold 33k day one, 45k week one, 60k total. This doesn't apply to Nintendo games which tend to have extreme legs, for some reason, but it's generally true of most other releases.

RamzaIsCool said:
But isn’t the whole point of Japanese games.....well uhm that they are Japanese. You know different flavour....diversifies the whole thing.

bleh whatever I don't even care about Jpn games anymore!
except for MGS4 and Ace combat :p

PS2 KID

Jonnyram said:
PS3 | Virtua Fighter 5 32000 37%

Also, there appears to be a problem with the Sega stick "Virtua Stick High Grade".
All shipments are being recalled from retailers. Apparently sometimes input doesn't register.

http://blog.livedoor.jp/neoplay/archives/50887502.html

Poor Sega. With the bad timing of recall, I'm not surprised that the game didn't sell as well as they would have wanted. I hope they can get the new joysticks out asap.

Top Bottom