• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Japan release day sales 2/8: Virtua Bomba 5

Jokeropia

wazoo said:
amazing achievements in its first 3 months, or even its first year ??
Well since this is a thread about Japan, how about selling more in it's launch week than PS3 has sold since release (13 weeks) and having software sales to match?

ram

trancejeremy said:
Most of their titles are farmed out to lower tier developers and end up being mediocre.

you dont know, what you are talking about. daxter, ratchet & clank, syphon filter, socom, everybodys gold are surely not mediocre.

frAntic_Frog said:
give the PS3 some time, good sir
even the PS2 had humble/criticized beginnings, which some said had the worst console launch lineup in 2000....now look where its at ;)

The big difference is the PS2 didn't have two sucessful consoles launched with it. The Nintendo Wii is selling well in Japan, and the X-box 360 and the Wii are doing will in North America. All the PS2 had to go against was the Dreamcast. The Japanese people were buying up the PS2, they are buying the Wii now.
Also the 3rd parties had nowhere to go but to the PS2, they have two other consoles to go to now. Really different situation. Too many GAF memeber expect everything to stay the same, it is not. I have seen all the Vidoe game generations and I have seen thing have change. If people would have told a person during the NES era that Sega would be popular for a while or that Sony would have taken Nintendo's place as 1, they would have called you were crazy.

jarrod

Banned
dirtmonkey37 said:
Didn't DOA4 and Tekken: DR sell exceptionally well worldwide? I know DOA4 hit a million and I'm sure combined with the PSN and the PSP and the soon-to-release Tekken: DR on PSN for the U.S., the combined total is/will be over a million.
It's something like this iirc...

Dead or Alive 4 (360)
NA: 450.000
EU: 300.000
JP: 250.000

Tekken: Dark Ressurrection (PSP)
NA: 200.000
JP: 150.000
EU: ??? (200.000-250.000?)

Virtua Fighter 5 (PS3)
JP: 150.000
NA: tba
EU: tba

jarrod

Banned
Parl said:
VF5 selling to one out of every 6 or 7 gamers in Japan on first day? I say it sounds reasonable.
VF5 selling to 1 out of every 9 or 10 people in Japan who bought VF4 1st week sounds pretty unreasonable though. :p

painey

jarrod said:
It's something like this iirc...

Dead or Alive 4 (360)
JP: 250.000

i think its closer to 100k for japan.. 250k would surely be too high, especially considering theres supposedly less than 400k 360s sold in japan

Busaiku

jarrod said:
It's shipment figures, and likely for all of Asia as well. DOA4's sold through like 200k in Japan iirc (Tekken DR's sold through 100k btw).
I thought Blue Dragon was JPN's best seller, and it only did like 130k?

jarrod said:
Both DOA4 and DOAX2 outsold BD I believe.
No please, BD is the best seller. There is a thread here with Famitsu X360 data and DOA4 is at 100k and DOAX2 vanished around 50k. I can't seem to be able to find it right now though.

For USA numbers, I think DOA4 hasn't reached 300k yet and Tekken was around 150k.

EU numbers who knows, but I doubt DOA4 outsold Tekken....Tekken is big here, it got a bundle PSP sku too.

EDIT: oh, btw, Virtua Bomba 5 numbers are really depressing :/

jarrod

Banned
Kurosaki Ichigo said:
No please, BD is the best seller. There is a thread here with Famitsu X360 data and DOA4 is at 100k and DOAX2 vanished around 50k. I can't seem to be able to find it right now though.
I can't find it either... looking at VG charts though (I know, I know, but let's not start that discussion) DOA4's at 103.500 and DOAX2's at 59.500.

I might've been confusing Xbox 1 sales I guess. :/

Kurosaki Ichigo said:
For USA numbers, I think DOA4 hasn't reached 300k yet and Tekken was around 150k.
DOA4 broke 300k in December (again VGCharts)... you're spot on for Tekken though.

Kurosaki Ichigo said:
EU numbers who knows, but I doubt DOA4 outsold Tekken....Tekken is big here, it got a bundle PSP sku too.
Hmm... maybe EU TDR figures are higher then? I do know that DOA4 sold surprisingly well though (in France especially) and actually managed to outsell DOA3 over all of EU. I can't remember exact figures from Tecmo's 1m "sales" PR but it was either 300k or 400k for Europe.

Worldwide though, we know DOA4's past a million shipped... I think best case TekkenDR's likely around 750k shipped.

the game is not even out in NA or EU and you guys are already setting this in stone?

all of you make me sick, the official release date was the 8th, just 3 days ago.

DOA4 pffff, it's been in circulation for over a year, comparing that to a 3 day old game that has only beeen released in Asian only yet

jarrod

Banned
Oh VF5's definitely going to do better in the west, but then again, it's not like American PS3 software sales are all that great either... I wouldn't be expecting the almost immediate 300k or so VF4 managed here. I think it's actually going to do best in Europe (by a wide margin) as a launch title.

wazoo

I do not know.

i expect Motorstorm to be huge in europe, then people download the free demo of GTHD and do not buy anything for months. Or they buy Tekken for 10E.

DOA4 has sold 107,000 copies to date according to famitsu. DOAX2 has sold 57,000.
Blue Dragon Has sold 136,000 to date.

VF5 depending on legs might overtake DOA4.

gutter_trash said:
the game is not even out in NA or EU and you guys are already setting this in stone?

all of you make me sick, the official release date was the 8th, just 3 days ago.

DOA4 pffff, it's been in circulation for over a year, comparing that to a 3 day old game that has only beeen released in Asian only yet

Yeah I know this thread is pretty ridiculous.

FoxSpirit

Luminous Arc selling 49% of shipment on launch... good.

Virtua Fighter 5... 37%... bad... wait a minute. 37% isn't that bad. Means they must have projected pretty low sales if 32.000 make up 3/% of the initial shipment.

Top Bottom