• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Japan retailers don't cut Sony PS Vita price. Bomba averted?

It was only commented in the 8 opened threads about the death of Vita, in the last 48 hours, and at the end the source only talk about ONE store that TEMPORARY discount 3G model to the same price of Wifi. There is no a global 3G price cut from japan retailers.
Nope, the source talked about retailers, although it did not go into specifics.

Edit: Looks like this is false and has been debunked. I was looking at Google's finance page, and wrongfully assumed that the stuff they posted would be accurate. Sorry! Mods - please lock! :(
It's not false though (if the source they don't quote is to be believed).

what is the difference between this and my post earlier that was locked. i was about to edit the thread title because somebody thought it was misleading but unfortunately it was locked before i can save the changes. sorry to have offended so many here, but this was not a doom and gloom thread. just a heads up of what is happening to the current state of vita in japan. i guess i have to lay low in GAF for a while. sorry again if i have offended anybody. bye for now

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=457719

what is the difference between this and my post earlier that was locked. i was about to edit the thread title because somebody thought it was misleading but unfortunately it was locked before i can save the changes. sorry to have offended so many here, but this was not a doom and gloom thread. just a heads up of what is happening to the current state of vita in japan. i guess i have to lay low in GAF for a while. sorry again if i have offended anybody. bye for now

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=457719

Got a single decent explanation for your thread creation history?

Got a single decent explanation for your thread creation history?

i was a newbie then, u know, got curious, want to join the fun, but that was before, but its different now, i dont know, maybe i really just dont fit in, but whatever happens i love u guys and gaf especially sales age is still the best.

i'm glad this isn't true...but then again, in a way, kinda not. know what i mean?

i don't want to see this become psp-go after so much energy has been poured into it. i wouldnt mind getting one cheap though

daffy

Banned
i was a newbie then, u know, got curious, want to join the fun, but that was before, but its different now, i dont know, maybe i really just dont fit in, but whatever happens i love u guys and gaf especially sales age is still the best.

Stop talking like this is the end, damnit pinoy! I- ..we love you too.. we will make it.~

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
Remember what it took to fix the 3DS's sales? Do you think Sony will do the same?

Remember how Nintendo had plenty of wiggle room with price and Sony's already taking a hit on each Vita? Plus I don't think Nintendo's going to let Sony publish their Mario titles on Vita.

mujun

many japanese folk (such as the 8-4 crew) saying they haven't seen a single discounted VITA.

this article doesn't quote any stores, examples, prices, etc...

Both models (but especially the 3G version) can be bought for below retail from numerous retailers according to kakaku.com (big price aggregate site).

Link.

Jarmel

Banned
It doesn't, I got the 3g model and didn't need one. I also haven't seen any discounts of the vita around anywhere. And I just bought my the other day from Amazon Japan which was the cheapest place I could find it anywhere at just about 2000 yen less than original price.

I saw one at Mandarake in Akihabara that was signficantly discounted. The 3G IIRC was only 2000 yen more expensive compared to the Wi-fi model.

It was only commented in the 8 opened threads about the death of Vita, in the last 48 hours, and at the end the source only talk about ONE store that TEMPORARY discount 3G model to the same price of Wifi. There is no a global 3G price cut from japan retailers.

I can't believe how quickly this "doomed" thing is getting out of hand. :\

I mean, it's getting a bit ridiculous now. And arguably damaging.

Berordn

I can't believe how quickly this "doomed" thing is getting out of hand. :\

I mean, it's getting a bit ridiculous now. And arguably damaging.

This happens all the time. Were you asleep during the Nintendoomed period after the 3DS launch? Everyone will forget about it once/if the platform manages to pick itself up and get some big sellers.

SMT

this show is not Breaking Bad why is it not Breaking Bad? it should be Breaking Bad dammit Breaking Bad
Unbelievable, who spreads this kind of bullshit? It's the competition obviously. ;)

kitch9

Banned
Unbelievable, who spreads this kind of bullshit? It's the competition obviously. ;)

People seem to forget that in most countries (Including their own.), the big retailers tend to rush to discount the next big thing as soon as it comes out as it increases their exposure.

This happens all the time. Were you asleep during the Nintendoomed period after the 3DS launch? Everyone will forget about it once/if the platform manages to pick itself up and get some big sellers.

Nah, of course not. It's just a shame that it happens at all. So premature and silly. :(

Both models (but especially the 3G version) can be bought for below retail from numerous retailers according to kakaku.com (big price aggregate site).

Link.

But, if you see, ALL consoles are cheaper. PS3 can be found since 229.000 yens. 3DS from 13.800.

The discount is bigger in Vita 3G than in other consoles, but is also the retail price. And, yes, probably there are some shops that got too much 3G stock, and they want to sell it, but this is not a global 20% cut price from retailers.

Dorfdad

Gold Member
Sony over-estimated the demand for the VITA.. They looked past the flaws and decided to shove a premium price for an already outdated system at console prices... Seriously I know alot of you want the system and thats fine, but the majority of people out there do not even know it exists and those who do are not willing to pay $300+ for a PSP..

I say PSP because everyone I know that I have just shown a picture of the vita to and said you interested they say no it's a PSP which they got burnt on. People see it and think PSP (FAILURE) and place that unjustly on the Vita.

I will buy it at 199.99 with a 4gb card included. AND when games are reasonable. $39.99 max per game BRAND NEW $29.99 digital versions since Im saving you alot of costs. (At your level Bandwidth is pennies)

I think Sony should discontinue the 3g model. totally unnecessary IMO. There are many ways you can connect to the internet with the vita and it costs less than having a separate 3g contract for vita only.

I think Sony should discontinue the 3g model. totally unnecessary IMO. There are many ways you can connect to the internet with the vita and it costs less than having a separate 3g contract for vita only.

Or maybe they should make the opposite, make the 3g model cheaper but with mandatory internet subscription, like with the phones. Here in Europe some laptops and tablets are sold in that way.

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
Dorfdad said:
They looked past the flaws and decided to shove a premium price for an already outdated system at console prices...

Outdated by what exactly?

Sony over-estimated the demand for the VITA.. They looked past the flaws and decided to shove a premium price for an already outdated system at console prices... Seriously I know alot of you want the system and thats fine, but the majority of people out there do not even know it exists and those who do are not willing to pay $300+ for a PSP..

I say PSP because everyone I know that I have just shown a picture of the vita to and said you interested they say no it's a PSP which they got burnt on. People see it and think PSP (FAILURE) and place that unjustly on the Vita.

I will buy it at 199.99 with a 4gb card included. AND when games are reasonable. $39.99 max per game BRAND NEW $29.99 digital versions since Im saving you alot of costs. (At your level Bandwidth is pennies)

Are you talking about America or Japan, because you seem to be getting the two jumbled.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
When things "is hotting up" you know its about to get real

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
I say PSP because everyone I know that I have just shown a picture of the vita to and said you interested they say no it's a PSP which they got burnt on.

The idea of having a picture of the Vita with you and flashing it to people to see if they're interested strikes me as hilarious.

Zoe

How could you do roaming online games then?

StuBurns

Banned
Given the big 3DS price cut, and the sense of impending failure (note I said sense, if you don't think it's doomed, that's cool, not saying you're wrong), it feels cyclical, no one is going to want to jump on board unless they really just want the machine itself because there's a sense that either Sony will do something radical to help the system, or it won't last and is a bad investment anyway.

Personally, at this point I'm holding out until I can get the complete package and a game for £200. I bet that'll be before June.

The idea of having a picture of the Vita with you and flashing it to people to see if they're interested strikes me as hilarious.
I picture it like this (excuse my lack of MS Paint skills):

image.jpg

teepo

unless retailers ordered and stocked an additional 500,000 psvita's, it doesn't make sense for retailers to slash prices given that vita stock is already low in japan in many places.

Elginer

This whole Vita is doomed thing is fantastically funny as hell. I'm waiting for the eventual VITA is being sold out of vans for 5 bucks thread.

Averon

I'd be more concerned if this was the WiFi model. The 3G model being discounted doesn't surprise me one bit.

Zoe

Using your smartphone's WiFi hotstop/internet sharing feature . Or use your mobile wifi router. Also, I heard that the Vita 3G model has bandwidth cap.

Not all plans allow tethering and not all phones have the capability to. And your smartphone doesn't have an caps or throttling? Sprint is the only one who is truly unlimited.

So you would have people just subscribe to a completely different device when their needs could simply be answered by having it built in to the Vita?

Top Bottom