• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Japan - Super Smash Bros. (3DS): demo available now on the Nintendo eShop

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Jun 7, 2004
How many people on this forum have Japanese 3DS's? o_O

how many have extras they don't want? ;) loljk :(
I bought one to get this game early and for Senran Kagura 2, plus Outrun and Super Thunderblade...

...it was worth it until they revealed the New 3DS a month later. :/

Already got that ordered.

Jachaos

Dec 18, 2012
Montréal
I want to live in Japan so bad right now. Smash is my most hyped game of 2014. And Zelda and Persona 5 my most hyped for 2015. I'd get at least two of them quite a bit earlier. Urgh.

Edit: Though PS4's not region-locked huh. Hmmmm.

Goon Boon

Banned
Sep 17, 2008
Please for the love of fucking god let this hit America. I'd forgive your stupid no physical prizes anymore shit you've done to Club Nintendo NoA if we get a Smash demo.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Jun 7, 2004
This is the one time that I'm concerned the demo trial limit will be reached.

Almost done downloading!

Evenflow

Aug 21, 2006
So what is this hitting like a day before the release in Japan? Going by that we'd get it Oct 2.... :(

Josh7289

Dec 9, 2006
0-4 CPUs allowed, only allows 2 minute timed battles. Only stage selectable is Battlefield, but I can see 27 stages total.

EDIT: Correction: There are no restrictions on number of CPUs. Sorry for the confusion.

Ricky 7

Jul 27, 2012
Tbh from a sales perspective I don't think it's a good idea to release a demo of a hyped game 2 days before release. Sakurai must be extremely confident in his product.

BY2K

Membero Americo
Sep 12, 2010
Canada
Tbh from a sales perspective I don't think it's a good idea to release a demo of a hyped game 2 days before release. Sakurai must be extremely confident in his product.
It's Smash Bros. The demo probably won't even have 25% of the content of the final game.

PreyingShark

Dec 2, 2012
It's only 2 minute timed matches with 5 characters on Battlefield.

That's only like a tenth of the roster!