• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jason Schreier - Avowed has gone through reboots and changed directors recently, wouldn’t expect to play it for a while

Maxwell Jacob Friedman

leads to fear. Fear leads to xbox.
I fully agree infinite could've been so much more with more time in the oven, but what is there, is the most fun I've had with halo gameplay/enjoyment wise.

I wish the campaign had more environments/biomes, what I hope expansions remedy.

& Multiplayer I think 343 will get there with more time, but I'm happy to play other games whilst waiting, when I need a break :)
You mean 043

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
This is the only Schrier tweet about Obsidian online right now from today, the OP tweet has been deleted but that hasn't stopped people from running wild with it :p

Last edited:

ParaSeoul

snl season 44 GIF by Saturday Night Live

if we see nothing of it at all today, then its not releasing until 2024 at earliest, if it was going to release next year, i expect to see something from it by now.

Sacred

Or this is why it was deleted from the other place.

"Carrie patel has been game director for Avowed since 2019. She was just on Obsidian entertainment twitch live stream when ask what she was doing she said "I'm the Game Director on Avowed" maybe Jason mix games up"
And there it is.

Markio128

How can it need to be rebooted ‘multiple time’ already? This was the one Obsidian have wanted to make for years, even before the MS acquisition. They surely can’t be struggling to execute their vision.
Maybe it started off as the usual isometric type game, then was later rebooted to the 1st person RPG we now associate it with?

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not

So he's basically tweeting about changes that happened last year ?

mhmm. Great timing to post about a year old news :rolleyes:

Not just that.
We had a thread about it here...or the other place.
The "news" was coming from Chris Avellone.....the guy who will take every opportunity to shit on Obsidian because he was booted out of the company.

Hes just generally a kinda negative person these days so i wouldnt take much from what he posts.
Kotor remake in trouble? Probably not and not thread worthy because you know it happens....cept when it happens to Xbox studios then we have a problem.

Swift_Star

Banned
They should really only announce games when they have a clear path defined. It seems they still don’t know what they want Avowed to be.
Hence, begs the question: WTH is going in at MGS?

VN1X

Banned
This is getting fucking ridiculous, these games get announced half a decade before they even get a release date then go through development hell and some times never come out. I hate thid
I know this happens all the time and you're right but at this point isn't it pretty much par for the course when it comes to MS owned studios? Sheesh.

I really hope we get some proper Series X games this year or it'll be another year of it collecting dust under my TV...

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
I love how tweeting while picking up bagels somehow invalidates it, to the point he had to say it twice. If he were taking a shit while he tweeted it, it’s newsworthy?

DeaDPo0L84

This is getting fucking ridiculous, these games get announced half a decade before they even get a release date then go through development hell and some times never come out. I hate thid
I mentioned in another thread games shouldn't be announced until it can be confirmed they can hit a release date a year to a year a half out. A few people disagreed cause they feel studios should show whatever they're working on as soon as they can to build hype, but then you get this scenario.

So now Avowed may look different next time we see it and people will be pissed, it's the cycle of gaming.

kikii

Well there goes the rumours of playing avowed any time soon in 2023.

Wonder what the 5+ exclusives will between now and July next year?

Starfield? Redfall? Forza Motorsport?

Looking forward to the show regardless.

Edit:
Did the article say first party exclusive? will it include the fun looking darktide and the crappy looking scorn from third parties? :p
well 3 of em are already next year so so 5 isnt so hard to get :p

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
The game could have very well always been targeted for 2023, now even if they show a trailer and say 2023, people will keep harping that "see, it got delayed".

The Schrier effect ™

DeaDPo0L84

Is there any MS project that is going smoothly?
We'll find out today? (No we wont, cause they'll oversell everything)

Starfield is probably their crown jewel right now and while it's a console exclusive it's still not even a game they developed in-house, they simply bought the studio developing it. So no I have zero faith in Xbox studios outside of Playground actually releasing solid products in a timely manner.

The game could have very well always been targeted for 2023, now even if they show a trailer and say 2023, people will keep harping that "see, it got delayed".

The Schrier effect ™

Well with the amount of pushing for delays it’s normal to see that happen. I guess people should really wait until something gets announced before trying to push a delay rumor hard.

Jormatar

Unless he didn't get wrong information this time, it's honestly ridiculous how this game will be another example of Microsoft's game going through development hell and director(s) change. There's just been too many similar case like this from Microsoft that you will have to wonder why managing games seems to so much harder for them than it is for Sony, for example.

Fix the ship, Phil!

Last edited:

reinking

Gold Member
He posts it, deletes it and then says that he doesn't want forums and news websites to run with it.

Knowing *exactly* that's how the internet works.

sigh ..
Well yeah. That is how he makes his money and if any of us was shitheads that made our living that way we would be doing the same thing. The problem is people are stupid enough to believe (or want to believe) everything these "insiders" post.

Top Bottom